Thread: VERSUS Dungeons!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default VERSUS Dungeons!

As an additional game mode, it would be great to have a Versus Dungeon Mode where 2 teams (red/blue) enter a dungeon and the team that kills most mobs and/or earns most treasure increases their score and beats the other team starting at the other end of the dungeon?

Also maybe include some PvP if the teams meet!

Player numbers might have to be reduced to 3v3 to reduce lag etc but it seems a fun way for Guilds in the future to rack up victories against each other etc or just as a different game mode where teamplay really matters and using potions as efficiently as possible (working out the best route etc) would be needed.

Could see this being do-able and fun...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

to add to this, something that would be cool is maybe invading games, lets say make a dungeon where theres good loot to be dropped from the bosses but the downside is that you can be invaded by a team, so this makes it firstly hard to get the loot in there and secondly pvp
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm not really into PVP, (because I don't like to lose and I most certainly would) but that sounds like it would be a blast!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8799&dateline=1275592  200
    ♪♫♬signature by Rebel♬♫♪

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Either way does not have to be/include PvP - can be a foot race against each other to claim most kills/treasure, but PvP might add a bit of stratgy! : )

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

See the only problem with putting mobs in PvP is that, PvP is laggy enough when its 5v5 adding even 5 mobs let alone 20 or 30 will make it 20x more laggy so i dont see that happening anytime soon untill framerate and lag is sorted out !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

cool idea...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King Richie View Post
    See the only problem with putting mobs in PvP is that, PvP is laggy enough when its 5v5 adding even 5 mobs let alone 20 or 30 will make it 20x more laggy so i dont see that happening anytime soon untill framerate and lag is sorted out !
    Thanks for reading!

You are right, overall Performance is the main obstacle, but I thought pushing the idea was worth it.

I was and still am totally amazed that the devs have successfully created an MMO (mainly instanced) that really DOES work technically as well as being well designed and very playable 99% of the time!!! I know their game engine is solid and can be utilised to expand and provide new expansions, new tile sets, mobs and so on.

But was wondering just how feasible it would be to add another game mode that adds to existing dungeons, alternatively?

Could start with only 3v3 and no PvP to reduce lag as well as the optimisations the devs are already working on? Just depends on how possible it is, but it at least uses a lot of what is already available and as you say heavily depends on performance related aspects such as lag, framerates, connectivity if these can be solved then it could be another great additon to PL.... a cross between PvE and PvP!? : )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Adding this instead of a ten man raid to beat a boss thats actually difficult, would probably offend me.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Adding this instead of a ten man raid to beat a boss thats actually difficult, would probably offend me.
    Oh yes 10 man raid please =)

But i still do agree with ratavas idea and i actually mentioned an idea like this while we were still playing on 1.0... seems so long ago =)

But i would much rather 10 man raids they would be so intense !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Hey that's a good idea as well. Epic boss battles could be good value.

Main thing is that I'm impressed the game works for 5 party system and looking at options to add variety here and more repeat value to dungeons. A versus mode just might make teamplay more important too which sounds good to me.