Thread: [Feedback] Blades weapon (new mythic daggers = junk)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Thumbs down [Feedback] Glitstone daggers

For the curious, is the test with new mythical daggers.

Feedback

+ 3 damage?

I know daggers not greatly increase the damage. But a legendary weapon to a mythical just +3?
    The staff of the mage it increases +49. I am comparing the weakest mythical with the strongest legendary in both cases.

Name:  Wa0bzYy.png
Views: 554
Size:  343.2 KB

Name:  QFTpZBO.png
Views: 516
Size:  556.7 KB

Name:  ZSHHZfT.png
Views: 608
Size:  577.8 KB

I need to hit a target

All playing a rogue knows she's not tank. I can not stay in the middle of a crowd just attacking with daggers, it would kill me in 5 seconds. Also there is the fact that daggers have a short range, compared with staff and swords warrior. What makes you miss many attacks. Why proc is not enabled only attacking? There are various weapons that are able to do this. How the Magmatic daggers for example. They shoot fireballs enemies from a long distance.

Name:  SegRzcC.png
Views: 459
Size:  206.4 KB

He stuns 2 targets?

In most cases, you have to fight with 5-10 mobs. In KM3 can reach 50 mob. Why leave only 2?

Conclusion

Both the Aegis as the new legendary staff are weapons with a low price compared to other mythical. This motivates players to buy them and use them in places like KM3 to farm. Honestly I expected more of these daggers. I liked the proc of the new bow, it helps me to kill crowds, something I can not do without a lot of effort using rogue. I do not know if it will change anything, but I hope that someone read it.

What did you think of the new weapons?
    Last edited by soon; 03-12-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Using the weakest kind of Glintstone Blades is not a good way to say these daggers are already junk. You can't exactly call the whole thing junk when you pretty much use for comparison the "junk type" among the 4 daggers. I use Fervor and it works great for me. Damage-wise and crit as well, maybe it makes me proc a lot than what I've been hearing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Post skill damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 403
Size:  140.7 KB

I have no elixirs on nor effigy. I don't have video recorder but I will try to do screenies when I get back in game.

So far I just did Arena minutes ago. They kept procing a lot on me and makes me kill the boss faster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vixenne View Post
    Using the weakest kind of Glintstone Blades is not a good way to say these daggers are already junk. You can't exactly call the whole thing junk when you pretty much use for comparison the "junk type" among the 4 daggers. I use Fervor and it works great for me. Damage-wise and crit as well, maybe it makes me proc a lot than what I've been hearing.
    It was a comparison between a legendary for the mythical in status and also on the proc. It does have a very large increase compared to the mage staff. And also do not think a useful proc that is activated by hitting an enemy for a rogue (except planar that causes paralysis for a long time while generating damage), Slain King dagger works better than the mythical because it enabled the distance.

I pointed out the negatives, but I liked the dagger can stun a boss. (unfortunately for a short time).

Anyway I did not want to put that title, but I could not change it.
    Last edited by soon; 12-29-2015 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soon View Post
    It was a comparison between a legendary for the mythical in status and also on the proc. It does have a very large increase compared to the mage staff. And also do not think a useful proc that is activated by hitting an enemy for a rogue (except planar that causes paralysis for a long time while generating damage), Slain King dagger works better than the mythical because it enabled the distance.

I pointed out the negatives, but I liked the dagger can stun a boss. (unfortunately for a short time).

Anyway I did not want to put that title, but I could not change it.
    Daggers are made for close combat, hence you have to stick yourself to the enemy just like a Warrior does. Don't chase for distance-type attacks on daggers, that's the bow and the Mage's job. Just my thoughts

Maybe the dev can rename the title when they're online.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You have the most weakest blades of the new Mythic collection. And the proc on them are different then one another. The most expensive dagger of glint has a prc where bombs fall from the sky and heavily damage mobs.
    Please before tt new glint daggers know your stats and procs

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cpt. For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. View Post
    You have the most weakest blades of the new Mythic collection. And the proc on them are different then one another. The most expensive dagger of glint has a prc where bombs fall from the sky and heavily damage mobs.
    Please before tt new glint daggers know your stats and procs
    I know I tested the weakest, was a comparison with the status of the weaker mythical staff. The bombs are thrown at glitstone bow, if it rushes with another dagger is a bug. About proc I wanted him to be activated if any enemies near the rogue, as with the new maul.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I know I tested the weakest, was a comparison with the status of the weaker mythical staff. The bombs are thrown at glitstone bow, if it rushes with another dagger is a bug. About proc I wanted him to be activated if any enemies near the rogue, as with the new maul.
    you should remake the video and start off by saying your comparing the difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. View Post
    you should remake the video and start off by saying your comparing the difference.
    Click the spoiler buttons, compare the dagger with his staff. I can not change the title of the thread. I do not think it is completely useless, but have not found a reason to justify the purchase. Especially if you already have the new mythic bow. The dagger has good points, how to get stun a boss and having more DPS you have more chances of you hit procs in less time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Daggers are never useless. It's all about preferences. Also depends on situation, PvE or PvP. That's why it's great to have 2 types of weapons with you. But if you wish to go for new items, aim high and get the best one. Not the weakest one just for the sake of "having the item/s."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

glint bows are better both stat wise and proc wise but daggers are not junk..just not worth it IMO

Konan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I am using fervor full dex.. Daggers are meant for DPS.. not for damage,,,I have elite King wiht the dagger IMBA stuns.. good against BOSS !! for farming would recommend BOW
    http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee365/milyemily97/papapam.gif

15. The Following User Says Thank You to faithpece For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by faithpece View Post
    I am using fervor full dex.. Daggers are meant for DPS.. not for damage,,,I have elite King wiht the dagger IMBA stuns.. good against BOSS !! for farming would recommend BOW
    I would not put that title, but I can not change. I know he has good points, but put the points I did not like. Because I expected more.

I know a dagger does not increase so much damage, but the strongest dagger (+34 damage) is weaker than the weakest staff (+49 damage).

As for the proc, I did not say that is weak. The damage, though not better than the mythical arch, is good. What I do not like is having to hit an enemy, it could only be activated had it close to the rogue.

Name:  mVQFyju.png
Views: 410
Size:  616.1 KB

Views: 308

Views: 474
    Last edited by soon; 12-30-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Why keep comparing it to a Mage? A Rogue is a Rogue, a Mage is a Mage. What matters is how you gear yourself up with jewels and gears. Most of all, what else do you expect from activating the proc? You're using a close-combat weapon, not a staff, a gun nor a bow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

I would not put that title, but I can not change. I know he has good points, but put the points I did not like. Because I expected more.

I know a dagger does not increase so much damage, but the strongest dagger (+34 damage) is weaker than the weakest staff (+49 damage).

As for the proc, I did not say that is weak. The damage, though not better than the mythical arch, is good. What I do not like is having to hit an enemy, it could only be activated had it close to the rogue.

Name:  mVQFyju.png
Views: 410
Size:  616.1 KB

Views: 308

Views: 474
    It's a dagger what more can you expect? And about the hitting the enemy of course you'll have to hit an enemy otherwise it won't PROC, dagger is a melee weapon if you're not comfortable with getting up-close with the enemy better stick with a bow..

19. The Following User Says Thank You to nightmaresmoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nightmaresmoke View Post
    It's a dagger what more can you expect? And about the hitting the enemy of course you'll have to hit an enemy otherwise it won't PROC, dagger is a melee weapon if you're not comfortable with getting up-close with the enemy better stick with a bow..
    PRECISELY. There's the term that was at the tip of my tongue: Melee.

@OP: Before judging items, please study them properly. For your sake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vixenne View Post
    Why keep comparing it to a Mage? A Rogue is a Rogue, a Mage is a Mage. What matters is how you gear yourself up with jewels and gears. Most of all, what else do you expect from activating the proc? You're using a close-combat weapon, not a staff, a gun nor a bow.
    Weapon other classes has the highest status, so the comparison. Weapons (made for rogue or not) are better than that dagger.

I wanted the proc were activated when an enemy was near. Nothing will change because I'm talking about, I was just my opinion.

I repeat, do not think it is bad (junk), I just wanted it to be better. I'll put the two points, positive and negative. I made a mistake not doing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nightmaresmoke View Post

It's strange a dagger have a proc that works not hitting an enemy? Just expected more. Anyway I will not change anything just because I said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

It's strange a dagger have a proc that works not hitting an enemy? Just expected more. Anyway I will not change anything just because I said.

I think the old magma daggs is a mistake made by sts, notice no similar proc after magma daggs, look at planar op stun freeze and overtime damage and at the time of magma sets only few rogues are using them magma daggs mostly bows or the myth daggs at that time bcoz of the useful proc shield. Just a thought though rogues are originally melee types but after the bow's are introduced daggers become only a second choice can't blame rogues since most of the time bow's proc's are very useful than daggs and no matter how fast a player spam attack with a dagger bow's will still kill faster even if daggs have the higher DPS than bow's. Maybe rogues are wannabe assassins but can't cut it lol, might as well call rogues archers since they use too much bow's than daggers haha