Thread: A Tough Decision

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A Tough Decision

Hello,

As most of you know I have a dual spec bear level 55.
    I was wondering if I should go all out DEX instead of half DEX and half in STR.
    I have looked at ViVi Guide on Beserker Bears and I must admit that the DPS and damage is AWESOME!!!

I would like your personal opinions on what I should do as well as what would be better.

PS: I already have full raid and cyber for DEX, and my Tank gear isn't worth all that much so I'm set for Armour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I don't really see the advantage of going pure dex.

I base everything from Mr. Wallace here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-end-game-bear

Look at his comparisons between dual spec str/dex vs a pure dex bear. Even the skill damages show that dual spec has higher top end damage (which is more important since when you crit, the top end damage is used).

Only thing you gain, IMO, is better normal attack damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You could, but IMHO it is a bad idea. I went dual-spec with my bear at 50 and I agree, it is pretty fun to use DEX weapons. But if you like ONLY to do damage. start a bird: archer's skills are specifically designed to do damage and are a great supplement to the weapons.

As a bear, your skills are most oriented to mob control and boss debuffing, and those are complemented by a decent dodge and armor, which you cannot sustain if you go full dex. Yesterday in FN I had some problem to kill the king with only a mage as support; I switched to STR, used a dodge/armor oriented set and ring and I sustained easily the boss aggro while the mage did its job. Less than ten second. Could I have the same flexibility if I was full dex?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

As an attack I can tell you that my damage is ridiculous, so sometimes almost 700 on mobs in sewers. However I'm not dual spec, I put just enough dex into my build to get 100% hit. My base damage is around 310 on the top end unbuffed but my dps in only just shy of 200, but I have it that way so I can be a heavy hitter instead of a quick hitter/low damage.

What are you planning on using the build for? Crowd control, tanking, devastator, etc.?

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like the experts stated. Bears are tanks, I'd really prefer seeing them doing more crowd control rather than damage. So I vote dual spec.
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wanna use the build for semi tanking. What I mean is mob clearing but sort of tanking it a little bit whilst also doing a hell load of damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Biuzi View Post
    I wanna use the build for semi tanking. What I mean is mob clearing but sort of tanking it a little bit whilst also doing a hell load of damage.
    The extra dex won't bring you from normal/good damage to enormous amount of damage though, damage elixirs do that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Add me in game biuzi so you can see my build and style of play to see if it's something you would like to emulate or build upon.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    Add me in game biuzi so you can see my build and style of play to see if it's something you would like to emulate or build upon.
    Could you share your build and choice of equips?

Dual spec all the way!
    You can consider taking away points from either DEX/STR if you have the right booster gear.

I'm currently have 137 Str/142 Dex on my bear.
    I actually don't like kimchi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Necro, me and mr Wallace were talking and testing stuff in pvp one day and we both noticed better pulls with higher then 100% hit. I notice the difference when using my hate instead of rift set. Rift give more to hit. I would say Elly and mr Wallace have the right idea when using a half and half Dex std approach. That being said I used to have a build just like yours and did fine.
    Charmonda: He started dancing on me and so I started dancing on him. You now how we do: