Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Amazing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default lb manipulation not for me

Yeah i messed up the lb and i will tell you why ??? i did it because the last 8 people in bronze tier was not getting a banner.with so many at 1st place it knocked out the last 8 for bronze tier.these people worked there butts off for the last 3 weeks to try and stay in bronze.I'm not a greedy person just thinking of the last 8 people that would have got ripped off because gold tier is just thinking of themselves !!! I did what i felt was right this is a competition !!!!!!!!! congratulations to the top 5 you deserve it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skyxxblue View Post
    Yeah i messed up the lb and i will tell you why ??? i did it because the last 8 people in bronze tier was not getting a banner.with so many at 1st place it knocked out the last 8 for bronze tier.these people worked there butts off for the last 3 weeks to try and stay in bronze.I'm not a greedy person just thinking of the last 8 people that would have got ripped off because gold tier is just thinking of themselves !!! I did what i felt was right this is a competition !!!!!!!!! congratulations to the top 5 you deserve it.

The guy has a point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

No, it was still greedy to move without informing the others with whom the ties were made. You thought of yourself but not those who actually also used up a lot of gold and plat to stay on top. It was still selfish because you assured a spot for yourself without letting others compete with you. If you truly just "cared" for people in bronze not getting their banners, you would've broken tie early and everyone would have gone on competing. You just wanted to stay on top without spending too much additional gold anymore, because you knew the others will fight you HARD for that position.

"Not greedy". YEAH RIGHT.

The TOP 5 doesn't deserve it. The top 5 was just there at the right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I did it because the last 8 people on the lb would have not gotten there banner's.The last 8 people on bronze tier was knocked out because so many people was at first place and i felt not thinking of myself but the last 8 people that would have not gotten their banners.They worked really hard to stay in bronze i just wanted them to get there banners.Look at me i got silver and still happy i am not greedy.I was not going to manipulate the leaderboard for gold.NO WAY !!!!! Congratulations to top 5 gold winners you earned it !!!!!!
    There are always 50 people on the lb, doesn't matter if there is a tie or not. If there is a tie, than more people can get better prices. They weren't knocked out from lb. Less mages were on bronze because many mages tied at first place.
    So you just ruined the opportunity to get better prices by breaking the tie...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklish View Post
    No, it was still greedy to move without informing the others with whom the ties were made. You thought of yourself but not those who actually also used up a lot of gold and plat to stay on top. It was still selfish because you assured a spot for yourself without letting others compete with you. If you truly just "cared" for people in bronze not getting their banners, you would've broken tie early and everyone would have gone on competing. You just wanted to stay on top without spending too much additional gold anymore, because you knew the others will fight you HARD for that position.

"Not greedy". YEAH RIGHT.

The TOP 5 doesn't deserve it. The top 5 was just there at the right time.

The top 5 do deserve the prizes unless they cheated. If you trusted a bunch of other players to play nice so you could have a share of the top spot, you can't be mad if someone passed you up.

I could be mad at you for running the event more than once. Everyone could have been in first place. You (along with everyone else who ran the even more the once) ruined it.

(I ruined it too, since I ran it more than once.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default kakashis

This is a competition !!! This is not like "well lets all get together and get gold" maybe it works for you kakashis but not for me. Where is the competitiveness in that???? I'd like to hear your reply ??? ok lets say i am running a marathon i am going to tell everyone "lets all finish together and get the gold" How would that make you look kakashis??? you tell me ??? or in the marathon i passed everyone up at the end and got first place. ok so did i do anything wrong ??? In a competition there are no friends you need to learn that kakashis or you will find youself in last place every single time!!!! HAVE A NICE DAY :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Personally, if I were colluding to with other players on the leaderboard to engineer large ties, I would keep it to myself. It could very well be considered an exploit. My guess is that STG will now put in random tiebreakers.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Ties are not an exploit/cheat. There have been ties in every single event sts has offered. If ties were not permitted sts would have put a stop to it way before now.

Ties are not easy to achieve. It takes a lot of coordination and those that have tied are anxiously waiting the end of the event and hoping someone does not break at the last minute. Those below the tie have the same anxiety. If someone breaks the tie there is a good chance they will lose their spot.

The person that broke the tie did not help other mages. The person that broke the tie kicked some mages off the leaderboard. (Correction, he didn't knock anyone off the leaderboard, only top players are listed regardless of how many are tied. What he did do was rob 7-8 people of 150 plat and a noble chaos jewel)

The 1st slot lb mage tie was AMAZING! It gave me hope that AL isnt filled with self centered turds.

Stop pooping on this great achievement. Good Grief!
    Last edited by Sfubi; 01-06-2016 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default imsofancy

You aren't scarying nobody unfancy and you can take your friendship out the door !!! dont hate appreciate LOL :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sfubi View Post
    Ties are not an exploit/cheat. There have been ties in every single event sts has offered. If ties were not permitted sts would have put a stop to it way before now.

Ties are not easy to achieve. It takes a lot of coordination and those that have tied are anxiously waiting the end of the event and hoping someone does not break at the last minute. Those below the tie have the same anxiety. If someone breaks the tie there is a good chance they will lose their spot.

The person that broke the tie did not help other mages. The person that broke the tie kicked some mages off the leaderboard.

The 1st slot lb mage tie was AMAZING! It gave me hope that AL isnt filled with self centered turds.

Stop pooping on this great achievement. Good Grief!
    Let's see. Deliberately engineering a large tie so that more players than intended get the best prizes. I'm not calling it an exploit. I'm just saying it's really easy to make the argument.

Also, calling someone out on the forums for not going along with leaderboard collusion is just asking for STG to institute tiebreakers. That's all I'm saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    The top 5 do deserve the prizes unless they cheated. If you trusted a bunch of other players to play nice so you could have a share of the top spot, you can't be mad if someone passed you up.

I could be mad at you for running the event more than once. Everyone could have been in first place. You (along with everyone else who ran the even more the once) ruined it.

(I ruined it too, since I ran it more than once.)
    They really don't, because they were just there at the right time, before event ended. Getting on the event LB takes two things: time and money. If you had both of these, you could easily take top. The top 5 were also part of those who trusted people to play nice, but didn't.

Honestly, I could care less about it. I'm a rogue who ran event lb as much as I could despite my limited time. But after skyblue something's speech about doing it for the good of others, I just couldn't help it.

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I was ranked #98234570468 this event. And proud of it.

If you had ran the lb like a normal person, as many runs as you could, and climbed too #1 without attempting to tie with anyone, that would be a different story. but instead, you tied yourself with others and then waited until the last minute to do an extra run. Then stated that you were doing it for the good of the community even though you have no clue how LB works.

Did I cover all the details...or?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklish View Post
    They really don't, because they were just there at the right time, before event ended. Getting on the event LB takes two things: time and money. If you had both of these, you could easily take top. The top 5 were also part of those who trusted people to play nice, but didn't.

Honestly, I could care less about it. I'm a rogue who ran event lb as much as I could despite my limited time. But after skyblue something's speech about doing it for the good of others, I just couldn't help it.

I don't think it's productive to diminish the accomplishment of the leaderboard winners. They won. Give it up to them. It's not my style of competition, either, but hey, they put it in the time.

Skyblue doesn't come out looking good here. There's no need to call him out anymore. It's been pretty well covered. And acting like players engineering a tie so they could all take the top prize is altruistic is a bit dishonest. They were all benefiting.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 01-06-2016 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Imsofancy View Post
    I was ranked #98234570468 this event. And proud of it.

If you had ran the lb like a normal person, as many runs as you could, and climbed too #1 without attempting to tie with anyone, that would be a different story. but instead, you tied yourself with others and then waited until the last minute to do an extra run. Then stated that you were doing it for the good of the community even though you have no clue how LB works.

Did I cover all the details...or?
    So there are rules in a competition ? You hit your head one to many times LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default leader board

Since when are there friends in a competition,if you friend anyone in a competition we lost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

we need tiebreaker, period... probably by time (faster one get higher position)
    and with this tiebreaker, sts will also need to be generous with the prize distribution, e.g. top 25 for first prize, top 100 for 2nd, and top 300 for 3rd

anyway, if everyone in the game deliberately tie the score as low as like 100, everyone will get 1st prize! we should try it sometime later
    Last edited by extrapayah; 01-06-2016 at 11:11 PM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Please remember to keep your posts constructive and civil. As always, if you suspect someone of cheating, please let us know by emailing support@spacetimestudios.com. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com