Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Building a Bear, what i have and my plans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is a test of the picture signature system. and it did not work...... :P

ok its fixed
    Last edited by Colin Healey; 06-19-2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: fix
    Mrknify

tank bear. yeah... not so much... dps bear.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=53922&dateline=130849  3907

MrShooty Bird... havnt decided build still researching dex atm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

request.

ok this request is mostly a complete rewrite the original is still on the bottom.

I am building a stat chart based on no equipment from from the change attribute menu, to save me some platinum.

what i have come up with is a difference in attribute point distribution, once i am finished compiling this list it will make designing ANY BUILD a much easier task, as I have noticed that a full dex build would benefit from just having a minimum of 12 str. and the difference in base damage before weapons from dex to str builds is 23 points difference. these charts will be placed in the previous spaces at the top of this thread.

as i have geared my bear out for dex i am looking for some items, they are virtually the same, just cosmetically different.
    earthshaker wing, onyx helm, earthshaker chest, the look of these items is awesome.
    Last edited by Colin Healey; 06-19-2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: adding data
    Mrknify

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=53922&dateline=130849  3907

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok here goes the jar. no more pickles.

level 28 woot.
    not gonna give stats this time its all going to dex. with 12 in str, simple for this dps build
    talon, wing. etc...

skills.
    rage 6
    stomp 6
    beckon 6
    hellscream 6
    iron blood 3.

ok its a bit of a splatter, i get alot of people who love to fight with me but i have few who come in after a coupleminutes of my game leave. I make things a bit chaotic. (lovin it)

now run into a mob, pop rage, then beckon, hellscream then stomp, mobs scatter well they are flung some very far. try to stick close to where they start from as the fling can make them reset and heal.

stratigy broken into groupings.

weak mobs, beckon, rage then stomp, the global timers allow for a total of 3 hits on rage this way. gotta do it fast though watch the global timer, then its cooldowns hit. make sure you hit attack to clear up mobs on their way out with the talon that pretty much allways crits, and you have to re-attack as when you kinn it will not "auto" tareget for you. somtimes it picks a full health mob. anycase, by the time they are not stunned repeat beckon, stomp, hellscream, and not killed will be debufffed when they come back attack, and pop iron blood for stragglers (not usually neccissary though)

strong mobs usually have a big guy with them, ie; demons yetis, large golums, as an example for those levels.
    again same order works great, you may want to kite a bit but not generally neccissary(at least i'm consistant with spelling..) bosses, once the regular mobs are cleared kite, its not neccissary to beckon/stomp, as it does not allways work on them and you don't really want to fling them around, espicially on the case in sandstorm as you can reset them easily that way.

in the sandstorm quests i have not beat a boss solo, it is very challenging, at 28 i went to the croc's in the swamp and found those mobs VERY easy compared to sandstorm(maybe not right level name.) at this time i can make it to the onyx boss but have not been able to defeat him, my excuse 20 pots left.

if you are in a group with other bears set up the same way, then alternate who beckons to stomp. ie you beckon they stomp to force the mobs in one direction. make sure if you have a sorcerer that they lightning when the beckon goes off to maximize damage. archers can do their own thing my bird is level 7 once i get up a bit i'll figure out some stratgy for him.

now another tactic is the double whammy, hard to pull off but amazing.
    bear 1 beckon, stomp.
    bear 2 right as stomp starts beckon, then stomp.
    if you have a bear 3, beckon, hellscream, do not stomp.
    you should be able to repeat after about 3-4 seconds after the lasts bears beckon. the mobs will be stunned for the whole time or dead.

bosses,
    have the bears seperated and take turns beckoning the boss so you are playing pass, 3 bears has this timing magical no matter the gear, or attribute base, just a high base damage will do. so you 2 hander bears will destroy here.

and thats all i have for now.
    Mrknify

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

LATEST NEWS;
    I AM AWESOME!!!!

ok enough fluff on with with steak.

level 34,
    skills,
    Stomp 6
    Beckon 6
    Iron Blood 6
    HellScream 6
    RAGE 6
    SMS 3

now i've concluded that with my combo line if there are a variety of players you can get multuple MEGA combos.
    still working on what it is that does it.
    my skill pattern is, RAGE, Beckon, SMS, STOMP. the sms will generally kill an enimy at this point and the stomp hits for the combo from beckon. now the best part is sms will be ready before your other timers so you can spam it a bit on the enimys that make it to you, also is great for wearing you boss enimys down faster.

i've cleared the alien oasis part 1 solo, the crocs are giving me more trouble. lol.

my current gear load out is.
    Jewel Thiefs Ancient Helm lvl 28 (same stats as the Onyx Helm looks just as cool)
    Shivering Ice auto-crossbow, has a big baddass ice shard loaded to go.
    Shivering Frozen Yeti leather, very cold,
    Fine Platinum band of life.
    i've picked up a Golum Worshiper Mask, its funny but the helm i got looks cooler.
    and a HardLight shield, you will see me on blackstar.
    Mrknify

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pet peeve, i join a game, and someone else joins first thing they say is wanna buy a blah for blah. that bugs me.
    if you think you have something someone in a game you join might want wait a little bit, get to know the players, then mention you have something, or just put up its stats.

if i'm in a game i dont want to buy anything. if i wanna buy something i goto the castle. if i get a drop that you want ask, i'll more then likely give it to you in the game. its a game. most of the crap i get i just sell for stock price, as it saves me 260 gold for an 11 hour fail to sell. i'm not going to pay 80k for a onyx help the one i got is lvl 28 with the same stats and looks awesome. and its black.

ok i ranted and whined. cryed and blew my nose all over the forum. lol....

my advice it does not hurt to ask. but don't jump in and act like a ware spammer.

and remember i'll beckon, you lightning, then i stomp, next bear beckons. by then they will be dead anyways...
    Mrknify