Thread: Ultimate Kit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ultimate Kit

What do you think is the current ultimate kit for each class, with Archer Bow & Mele split up?
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alright, I'll take a stab at the ultimate Str-based Warrior kit. And actually, this is my kit, or nearly so....

Helm: Croc's Bullfrog Helm
    I know, I know ... there are lovely pink and purple helms for your bear. Why in the world am I suggesting a measly orange helm? Ah, but this helm gives 1 M/s regen. I don't know about other warriors, but I am nearly always having mana trouble. An extra bit of mana regen is worth a lot more to me than a few extra points of Strength, etcetera....

Weapon: Copperhead's / Swamp Rat's Swampy Trident
    Reasonably fast, decent damage, and armor-breaking FTW! The tridents also have a longer range than other one-handed weapons, which isn't a huge deal, but can be handy. "What about those cool two-handed swords?" I don't use 'em. Honestly, I tried a pink two-hander, and I still wasn't killing crocs as quickly or as easily as my trident had allowed. I'm currently using the Swamp Rat's trident, which is simply better than the Conqueror's trident. The Copperhead's trident looks like an interesting option, which I will test as soon as I get one.

(Disclaimer: Two-handed swords might be better in PvP, where burst damage is the key to victory. However, my trident did pretty well when I tried out PvP....)

Armour: Zombie's Croc Scale Plate
    Best armour rating, massive health regen, and extra dodge bonus. What's not to like? The other pink Croc Scale Plate armours are all pretty good, but Zombie's is the best.

Shield: Zombie's Saintly Shield
    See the above comments about the Zombie Plate. They all apply to the Zombie Shield, too....

Arguments, disputes, corrections, or (rare) compliments are all welcome!
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Ultimate Enchantress Gear (Int-based)

Helm
    Dreamer's Witch Toad Tiara
    Without question the best mage cap. The other pink cap is not even as good as the purple Tiara of the Owl. The Dreamer's Tiara, like all Dreamer items, has health and mana regen.

Weapon
    Mamboza's Voodoo Fire Pin (PvE or PvP) Dreamer's Mojo Wand (PvP)
    The Voodoo Pin is better IMO for most purposes. The Mojo wand has a nightmare proc that is especially useful in PvP. The Mojo wand adds a slight amount of DPS over the pin, and health regen, but you lose some mana regen and crit in comparison to the pin.

Armor
    Mamboza's Croc Scale Robe
    For mad, crazy mana regen and a bit of crit. Some like the Dreamer's robe for health regen at the cost of some mana regen and crit, but I think most people realize the Mamboza robe is best.

Sheild
    Copperhead's Voodoo Doll
    Only pink mage offhand in the game that I am aware of. Has a dex bonus, dodge, crit, and solid armor. I have played around with using a green bracer with 1 M/s because I do everything possible to max mana regen, but the armor tradeoff is just not worth it, particularly for PvP.
    Last edited by Royce; 06-03-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyJim View Post
    Alright, I'll take a stab at the ultimate Str-based Warrior kit. And actually, this is my kit, or nearly so....

Helm: Croc's Bullfrog Helm
    I know, I know ... there are lovely pink and purple helms for your bear. Why in the world am I suggesting a measly orange helm? Ah, but this helm gives 1 M/s regen. I don't know about other warriors, but I am nearly always having mana trouble. An extra bit of mana regen is worth a lot more to me than a few extra points of Strength, etcetera....

Weapon: Copperhead's / Swamp Rat's Swampy Trident
    Reasonably fast, decent damage, and armor-breaking FTW! The tridents also have a longer range than other one-handed weapons, which isn't a huge deal, but can be handy. "What about those cool two-handed swords?" I don't use 'em. Honestly, I tried a pink two-hander, and I still wasn't killing crocs as quickly or as easily as my trident had allowed. I'm currently using the Swamp Rat's trident, which is simply better than the Conqueror's trident. The Copperhead's trident looks like an interesting option, which I will test as soon as I get one.

(Disclaimer: Two-handed swords might be better in PvP, where burst damage is the key to victory. However, my trident did pretty well when I tried out PvP....)

Armour: Zombie's Croc Scale Plate
    Best armour rating, massive health regen, and extra dodge bonus. What's not to like? The other pink Croc Scale Plate armours are all pretty good, but Zombie's is the best.

Shield: Zombie's Saintly Shield
    See the above comments about the Zombie Plate. They all apply to the Zombie Shield, too....

Arguments, disputes, corrections, or (rare) compliments are all welcome!
    QFT
    Pve you may as well just use a purp/pink bullfrog helm, but in pvp you put on the croc helm every time.
    I never take off the zombie croc for anything else even though i have all the armors. Even when i go 2h i leave it on, the 5h/s and 7 dodge is huge.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay, I got a Copperhead's Swampy Trident, and it's better.

Copperhead:

Swamp Rat:

Both screenshots show Rage, Iron Blood, and Taunt active. Basically, the extra Dex from Copperhead's trident is strictly superior to the extra Str from Swamp Rat's trident. I gained to-hit%, crit%, and even a point of DPS. In exchange, I lost a few points of dodge% and HP. It's close, but I'll take the Copperhead's trident.
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....