Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Miscommunication

  1. #1
    Senior Member Titanium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    1,968
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    298
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    722
    Thanked in
    332 Posts

    Default Miscommunication

    I'm one of those people who wasted 2 weeks farming energy essences ( marvelous drop rates ) to craft forged energy to get Recipe for Brood Crates. I crafted 170 brood crates but then again, I'm asking myself what I can do with the others 200 brood crates recipe. Were several threads asking same question " Are we able to craft after the winter event? " *Cricket sound* .

    Today , surprisingly, StS manage to answer in their own way. Just closing the cool down and let us get the answer for ourself. Communication should be part of this community. Keep doing these kinda stuff and it won't be much until everyone here would have enough with this game.

    During halloween event i hoarded 400 spider crates. But look... spider recipe was stashable/tradeable and AVAILABEL AFTER THE EVENT.

    Solution

    Recipe for Brood crates isn't gone from inventory. Put a 3,000g price to be liquidated for would be almost fair for the miscommunication you just offered. I don't like the feeling that i wasnt payed for my farming hours.

    Best REGARDS !
    Twinks are OP.... on forum!

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    830
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    100
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    173
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

    Default

    True, cooldown quite short also, 3 days i think?

  4. #3
    Senior Member nightmaresmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Into the abyss..
    Posts
    1,649
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    424
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    342
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    Keep doing these kinda stuff and it won't be much until everyone here would have enough with this game.
    Soon titanium soon...

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to nightmaresmoke For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    312
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Default

    You are the one who bought the recipes... with no confirmation that they would be craftable.

  7. #5
    Senior Member Titanium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    1,968
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    298
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    722
    Thanked in
    332 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwotsukete View Post
    You are the one who bought the recipes... with no confirmation that they would be craftable.
    For this exact reason my thread is called "miscommunication"
    Twinks are OP.... on forum!

  8. #6
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    312
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Default

    Because they didnt specify something, doesnt mean it is a miscommunication. You bought all those recipes under the assumption that they would be like spider crates. Not specifying is not miscommunication. Also, max per recipe (if they even did that) should be 500gp. 3k gp for 300 recipes is 900k brought into the game...

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    539
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    26
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    31
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

    Default

    In past events (like 2013-14 or 2014-15 Tarlok events) in the recipe decrition it was announced as "limited time recipe".

    In last Necropolis event, in the Locked Scary Spider recipe it was NOT announced as limited time - and it is NOT LIMITED TIME.

    So logic: If Locked Brood recipe decription does NOT describe "limited time" it is plain logical that STS SHOULD NOT LIMIT the usage of this recipe.

    Honestly I really counted on these recipes and if you can describe "consumed on use" - which we realize in the first few days anyway WHY ON EARTH you did not say: works only during event????

    First I was very sure you update the servers because of THIS error.

  10. #8
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    312
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Default

    Not an error... they didnt have to specify... you made an investment. Albiet, a bad investment. You should have known there was a chance you wouldnt be able to craft afterwards. If your entire basis on this investment was STS not specifying whether or not they would be craftable, you shouldnt invest lol. Thats just a bad decision.

  11. #9
    Senior Member Titanium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    1,968
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    298
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    722
    Thanked in
    332 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwotsukete View Post
    Because they didnt specify something, doesnt mean it is a miscommunication. You bought all those recipes under the assumption that they would be like spider crates. Not specifying is not miscommunication. Also, max per recipe (if they even did that) should be 500gp. 3k gp for 300 recipes is 900k brought into the game...

    1. The description of brood/spider doesn't mention nothing about a limited time to craft like previous crates recipes.

    2. How i could craft so many brood if it took 4 hours to craft one crate and i had at least 370 recipe ? Do i have to mention that the recipe wasn't stashable ?

    3. We asked 2 weeks before the cooldown , if we can craft crates after winter event. They didn't say nothing. It's a miscomunication
    Twinks are OP.... on forum!

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    312
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Default

    mis·com·mu·ni·ca·tion

    ˌmiskəˌmyo͞onəˈkāSHən/

    noun

    failure to communicate adequately.

    There was nothing saying whether it would or would not be craftable. You made the assumption based on no concrete facts. No one told you to buy 370 lock recipes... that was your own doing.

  14. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    990
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    172
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    216
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwotsukete View Post
    mis·com·mu·ni·ca·tion

    ˌmiskəˌmyo͞onəˈkāSHən/

    noun

    failure to communicate adequately.

    There was nothing saying whether it would or would not be craftable. You made the assumption based on no concrete facts. No one told you to buy 370 lock recipes... that was your own doing.
    This could have been pretty easily avoided. Players were asking about this before the event. How hard was it to say that a glitch allowed spider locks to be craftable after the Halloween event cooldown and that the glitch would be fixed for the winter event?

  15. #12
    Luminary Poster Energizeric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,244
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    960
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,927
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

    Default

    I posted in the thread when it was asked.... and so did others. This is not the first event where we have had special event crates. There have been at least 10 such events over the past 3 years, and each and every time, the event crates can no longer be crafted after the event cool down is over. Why would you think suddenly this time would be different? In the absence of any communication from STS on the matter, you should assume there are no changes to what has been in the past.

    Now if they were to make a change and not announce it, then I could see players being upset. But there was no change here. It's the same as it was during the Halloween event, the Elondrian event, the Goblin event, last year's Winter event, last years Halloween event, etc......

    There was no "miscommunication" here, perhaps a lack of reading comprehension though.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:


  17. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,656
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    679
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    550
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I posted in the thread when it was asked.... and so did others. This is not the first event where we have had special event crates. There have been at least 10 such events over the past 3 years, and each and every time, the event crates can no longer be crafted after the event cool down is over. Why would you think suddenly this time would be different? In the absence of any communication from STS on the matter, you should assume there are no changes to what has been in the past.

    Now if they were to make a change and not announce it, then I could see players being upset. But there was no change here. It's the same as it was during the Halloween event, the Elondrian event, the Goblin event, last year's Winter event, last years Halloween event, etc......

    There was no "miscommunication" here, perhaps a lack of reading comprehension though.
    I personally did not buy any recipes as I expected such a development. However based on the way things worked with the massive spider crates it would have been logical to assume that those would work the same way. Most people would not base their actions on something in the distant past, but rather on recent events.

    Anyway it would have been a simple courtesy to the cherished customers of the company to answer one of the countless questions on this topic, before it is to late.

    Further limiting the number of crates in this way makes little business sense imho. After all the more crates there are, the are going to be opened and the more revenue would sts make, no?
    Last edited by Jazzi; 01-07-2016 at 05:50 PM.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:


  19. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    990
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    172
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    216
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I posted in the thread when it was asked.... and so did others. This is not the first event where we have had special event crates. There have been at least 10 such events over the past 3 years, and each and every time, the event crates can no longer be crafted after the event cool down is over. Why would you think suddenly this time would be different? In the absence of any communication from STS on the matter, you should assume there are no changes to what has been in the past.

    Now if they were to make a change and not announce it, then I could see players being upset. But there was no change here. It's the same as it was during the Halloween event, the Elondrian event, the Goblin event, last year's Winter event, last years Halloween event, etc......

    There was no "miscommunication" here, perhaps a lack of reading comprehension though.
    There wasn't a miscommunication. But there was a lack of communication.

    You could have made a very similar post if the opposite had happened and players who didn't buy recipes were complaining. "Players should have known to stock up on recipes because Halloween signaled a change in the way event crates worked. It had never happened before, so clearly, it was going to be different going forward."
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 01-07-2016 at 05:35 PM.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:


  21. #15
    Senior Member nightmaresmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Into the abyss..
    Posts
    1,649
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    424
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    342
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    There wasn't a miscommunication. But there was a lack of communication.

    You could have made a very similar post if the opposite had happened and players who didn't buy recipes were complaining. "Players should have known to stock up on recipes because Halloween signaled a change in the way even crates worked. It had never happened before, so clearly, it was going to be different going forward."
    Yeah a simple text would help warn players not to save them recipes example *NOT CRAFTABLE AFTER WINTER EVENT* all caps for extra seriousness lolz
    Last edited by nightmaresmoke; 01-07-2016 at 05:35 PM.

  22. #16
    Senior Member Niixed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Underground
    Posts
    569
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    233
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    321
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

    Default

    The onus is on STS to set the right expectations for each event. We didn't even know the end date of the event until it was confirmed by STS late last week. The last event (Halloween) had crates that were craftable post-cooldown. They acknowledged it was an error and decided not to correct it. That situation leaves players with a very mixed message and many sought to get an answer but there wasn't any answer from devs.

    Titanium or any other players who made the same decisions he did shouldn't be faulted for anything. This is a public relations error that needs to be corrected. When any company makes errors like this it loses customers and their future spending if they fail to resolve it properly.

    Member Arlorian Realtors Association

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:


  24. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    136
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwotsukete View Post
    mis·com·mu·ni·ca·tion

    ˌmiskəˌmyo͞onəˈkāSHən/

    noun

    failure to communicate adequately.

    There was nothing saying whether it would or would not be craftable. You made the assumption based on no concrete facts. No one told you to buy 370 lock recipes... that was your own doing.
    Bro.. dont try to he sts's lawyer because u have no chance. Just because u maybe waisted ur tokens in vanities and not on recipes like some other players that dosent make u the defence leader here. Ppl r frustrated of course because they took a decision to buy something that is useless now. Not like other events. Thats the "NOT FAIR" part. I bet that u still have some spider crates that u try to sell. Must this be the reason why u r so against the brood lockeds.

  25. #18
    Junior Member Lyziz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

    Default

    Its not bout the word "misunderstanding" here.. i guess everyone knows what this thread is about.
    I think too, that it wasnt fair, or it was a mistake, not to sign the crates as not useable/craftable after event.
    Of course sts has to sign nothing, but then its not a game where they hold the community up high. If sts would sign nothing at all as limited i would understand.
    But they do. And in the brood crates not. Thats why player presumed they will be craftable also after event. I guess everyone can and should understand that. There will be always those people who say its peoples own fault blablabla...
    And plus, not everyone has englisch as first language. I understood all and dont care about grammar. That just shows you dont have more to add... just leave it aside...

  26. #19
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    312
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightmaresmoke View Post
    This is a bit LOW don't assume all people at forums are english speakers FYI there are tons of other language too you know incase you don't have an idea
    I clearly asked if his first language was english. Thus, I did not assume his first language is english. How did you not comprehend that?

    Also, I have spent years studying japanese and agree that every person should be bilingual.

    Still... I dont understand how it was low of me to ask him to improve his grammar if his first language is english...

  27. #20
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    312
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyziz View Post
    Its not bout the word "misunderstanding" here.. i guess everyone knows what this thread is about.
    I think too, that it wasnt fair, or it was a mistake, not to sign the crates as not useable/craftable after event.
    Of course sts has to sign nothing, but then its not a game where they hold the community up high. If sts would sign nothing at all as limited i would understand.
    But they do. And in the brood crates not. Thats why player presumed they will be craftable also after event. I guess everyone can and should understand that. There will be always those people who say its peoples own fault blablabla...
    And plus, not everyone has englisch as first language. I understood all and dont care about grammar. That just shows you dont have more to add... just leave it aside...
    I found it hard to full understand his post, please refer to my previous comment. Same applies to you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •