Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: SGS2 - Samsung Galaxy S 2 - Freeze

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a SGS2, Android 2.3.3, Gingerbread.BOKE4
    PL crashes or freezes ALL THE TIME ! I can't play for 10 minutes. No way! Is there a solution out there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xBearSpiritx View Post
    Maybe a Kernel issue?
    That's what I thought, but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure I used Nimph 2.05 on both Litening Rom and Revolution Rom.
    Last edited by volapyk; 09-11-2011 at 07:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IATV View Post
    I have a SGS2, Android 2.3.3, Gingerbread.BOKE4
    PL crashes or freezes ALL THE TIME ! I can't play for 10 minutes. No way! Is there a solution out there?
    No, there's no solution for this. This needs to be fixed from source, I think. Find the bug link onthe previous page and report your experience.

If you are rooted you can use Litening Rom 6.1 though. From my experience the game crashes far less with LR.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drzak View Post
    So for us SG S2 owners do we just have to hope that Samsung do something about their android coding. I'm not a buff on rooting and stuff but I know 2.3.4 has been released, just not how to get it or if it would even fix the problem.
    Perhaps Samsung could fix this, but in the end it's an AOSP source bug. So it needs to be fixed from source. The bug is not fixed in the current version, 2.3.5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Changing ROM/Kenrel may improve
    Replaceing cache no FC but no sound
    I don think Samsung will solve it soon
    But I also think that PL can do something to avoid the issue. Say I don hv issue on Gameloft's game, which mean game coding can help. At least not as a passive role.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey guys, I am new here, I just registered basicaly to say that I have the same problem, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with Villain Rom 2.4.2 and Ninphetamine 2.0.5 kernel.

While I admit this is a problem from samsung and they should do something about it, I must agree with one of the previous posters who said gameloft (and other) games don't crash.. I have played countless gameloft games (spiderman, assasin's, their racing games etc.) and I just fiished that captain america game in the market and have tested many others and not one of these games crashes my device.. the only game I am having trouble with is star legends (haven't tried pocket legends yet) and it sucks for me because star legends happens to be the best game I've ever played in a phone.. I love it and it really, really bugs me that aside from this game my phone is working incredibly well in every aspect, except for my favorite game that crashes whenever it wants to.

which is kind of weird too, because I sometimes get a good 20 minutes of nonstop play without a crash and sometimes it crashes so often that I just get mad and stop playing.

So please.. please.. please... spacetime studios.. do something for us poor people who just want to enjoy your game... and don't worry, I've made sure people at samsung know about this as well, as I said, I know it is primarily their problem but I just know that something can be done so that this problem doesn't present itself from your end, because it happens to be the only game with this problem in my phone.

Or if anyone has found a fix for this, I am all ears, willing to try anything.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kuhne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

bump for fixes!

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #108
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank god I am not the only one with this problem, I bought the cellphone here in Paraguay which is a small country in latin america, anyway, I used to have a Xperia play which is a slowphone but the gaming experience is great, I remember that on intense action moments the phone slowed down but never got frozen like my actual SGS2, I think the pattern is the intense action moments and the high temperature.
    And as a side note, this also happens on star legends and other android MMO

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #111
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Yeah, check out the workaround posted here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...d-game-freezes
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com