Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding Gems/Jewels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Default Regarding Gems/Jewels

A lot of threads already discussed about jewels system but i feel still jewel system is a curse for not rich population. The drop rate is really irritating its not even comparable with old system. There are only 2-3 set of maps where mind/fury/finesse jewels drops and in 3hour farming one can't even make a weak jewel while the same time on old system one can keep his craft station busy for 2-3 times i.e 10-15 gems. Grand gems =+6/7stats which is equivalent to excellent/superb gem in old system generally take 10-20gems what was possible to farm but the jewels are not the same, honestly a excellent/superb gem through crafting ( selling other jewels for particular jewel) will take a month or more because efforts after each level x3. I made this thread coz i personally feel old gems were best, a noble diamond jewel gives +26 armor ( 2000+ jewels) and the old reinforced gem gives +14armor with +4stats. I don't know perfect solution for jewels gems para eye, all these are now very overprice and prices keeps rising( situation is like fuel is over now pay more and more for each time access). Devs intervention required. My focus on accessibility ty

Sent from my Lenovo A369i using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xZauiflele For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I was thinking to make another alt but after looking at the gems and jewel price.. Oh dear..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

TBH i actucally feel the same way...old gems were better than jewels and also less expensive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Imo grand tarlok/wisdom/rage best among all base gems/jewels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

i just got an idea there should be weekly events for old gems in a month . Who all wanna farm old they can go for it

Or

Drop rates should be like raining jewels 0.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I agree that the system is very bad for new players. As an officers in Elite Runners I often test new recruits and after they are successfully tested ask them to show me their gear in the trade window (much faster than typing the names of all gears) so that I could give them advice about what to aim at for upgrades. Even those with arcane pet, arcane ring, mythic weapon more often than not have empty slots or have them filled with damaged jewels. All of them say that even getting +5 jewels would cost them more than their whole gear.

Sts tried to close the gap between the rich and poor in terms of gear and I would say that they initially succeeded. However a new gap occurred due to the jewel system and the old event Plat tier gems (para and enchanted eye). Recently I met someone with gear identical to mine (only helm was different: imbued pot for me and new myth for him) yet I had 120 more damage due to the jewel/gem difference.

I think the droprates need to be increased significantly or those overpriced jewel elixir released to everyone.
    Last edited by Jazzi; 01-11-2016 at 02:14 AM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Agreed, Jewels are bad for new players. But if you farm mind, fury, chaos, finesse jewels, you'll be rich in no time.

Don't forget to add salt
    IGN(s): Aprove (Rogue - New) | Aproved (Sorcerer - Old)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

There is a simple way to fix the jewel problem:

-Make the drop rate of the jewel a little better(comparable to the drop rate of the previous gem essences).
    -remove the cracked and damaged jewels from the loot table and replace them with jewel essences. This way, you dont need a ridiculous amount of jewels to craft a noble jewel. For example:
    with three jewel essences you can craft a weak jewel with 3+ strength. And when you want to craft the standard jewel, you need 3 weak jewels etc.
    -When you implement this upgraded and improved jewel system, you dont even have to remove the already existing cracked and damaged jewels, just let them stay in the players inventory so they can be further upgraded.
    -I want to add to these statements that the limited event gems can most definitely co-exist with the current jewel system because these gems are only available temporary, and once they are used to upgrade an item, the gems can no longer be re-used. This way, both gems and jewels have their upsides and downsides.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aprove View Post
    Agreed, Jewels are bad for new players. But if you farm mind, fury, chaos, finesse jewels, you'll be rich in no time.
    The problem is that you can't really farm them, because the few maps, which drop them also drop other types of jewels. During last double draghin teeth odds I farmed a whole bar all the way from 0 teeth. I was collecting the main stat jewels in order to see what the drops are. In 150 elite wilda runs I got: 12 fury, 9 mind and 10 finesse. Total of 31 cracked jewels. U need 27 for a single standard jewel, which is equal to one of the old gems. So with that droprate I would have had to do 450 runs in Elite for a single standard finesse. Or 8100 runs for a full set of 18 standard finesse (that many u need for your gear if it is full mythic/arcane. Seems quite unreasonable to me personally regardless of the fact that they are reusable

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I dont like the jewel system... I prefer the old one tbh

Kershals

Arlor in a little village called tindrin elites
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xZauiflele View Post
    A lot of threads already discussed about jewels system but i feel still jewel system is a curse for not rich population. The drop rate is really irritating its not even comparable with old system. There are only 2-3 set of maps where mind/fury/finesse jewels drops and in 3hour farming one can't even make a weak jewel while the same time on old system one can keep his craft station busy for 2-3 times i.e 10-15 gems. Grand gems =+6/7stats which is equivalent to excellent/superb gem in old system generally take 10-20gems what was possible to farm but the jewels are not the same, honestly a excellent/superb gem through crafting ( selling other jewels for particular jewel) will take a month or more because efforts after each level x3. I made this thread coz i personally feel old gems were best, a noble diamond jewel gives +26 armor ( 2000+ jewels) and the old reinforced gem gives +14armor with +4stats. I don't know perfect solution for jewels gems para eye, all these are now very overprice and prices keeps rising( situation is like fuel is over now pay more and more for each time access). Devs intervention required. My focus on accessibility ty

I think gem should return since jewels where a fail since gems u can farm anywhere and u can farm a lot and jewels u take a whole day to farm at least around 10+ and gems where easier and more often to find

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

This morning (for me) there were a total of 72 finesse jewels in the CS. 72. That says a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Arlor in a little village called tindrin elites
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    This morning (for me) there were a total of 72 finesse jewels in the CS. 72. That says a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ye 72 out of 1m ppl who play am I right? I mean 72 jewels is how much 1 million people who play world wide 24/7

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I think the best way would be to loot a jewel essence everywhere in arlor and just let us trade it in for whatever jewel we want at a vendor + gold. This would even out the market and also create a gold sink. No one wants water and nature jewels
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

I don't think drop rate will be increased due to the Jewel Elixer being introduced into the game. STS would want people to spend 8 plat on the business side of things. I do believe 8 plat is a lot to spend for 15 minutes, maybe 4 plat would be better ?

Or allow 8 plat Jewel Elixer to last 30 minutes.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 01-10-2016 at 04:38 PM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aprove View Post
    Ive been farming for almost a month and ive not made even a damaged of those... The drop rate is horrible!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

I got a free damaged fury from a friend XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

how about add weak jewels at planar tombs/teeth vendors? with normal cost ofc not 100 teeth or 200 frags for 1 weak! i didnt say gareta cause garetta tokens can be taken easy just with effigies!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

So last year the gear was the expensive items and the gems were cheap. This season the gear is cheap and the jewels are expensive. Something has to be expensive or else all your top players will just grow bored and quit as there will be nothing left for them to work for.

It sounds like you want everything to be obtainable to a brand new player within a couple of months. My preference is for the game to be entertaining and have things I can work towards for years, otherwise I will get bored and have to find a new game.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I found the best way to get good jewels is save up and buy them. Run km3 for rengol crates and sell them in store for gold. You could make 100k an hour at least just running kraken mines.