Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Warnings for GoA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post

Its not a responsibility, but more of an ability.

But overall, I think the whole process may be more effort then its worth.

Its only a way to say WHOO LOOK AT ME I AM THE BIG SCARY GOA AND YOU BETTER TOE THE LINE!

I agree.

Let's leave the power of justice where it belongs; with the Devs.
    Don't get high on your own supply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I think people have the wrong idea of what a Guardian of Alterra does, I too was confused initially. It's because of the title itself, GUARDIAN of Alterra. It is a sense of power, indicating a moderator like status to those who are unaware. Which, obviously it isn't. Sure, we get some perks, which we can't really disclose, but that's about it. No real power in game, that's the way it should be.

Granted, I will notify players if they are cussing vulgarly infront of me, that I'm a Guardian of Alterra and my account is likely being monitored, due to the position, so it's best to stop, as it may result in a ban. That's about it, sometimes I am asked to prove it. I have NEVER once said I was a moderator though, and actually admit to anybody that asks, "Can you ban me?". My answer is "No, I can't. If anything, if I report you on something about breaking the TOS, you probably have a higher chance of getting banned." That's about it.

Once again, I say, that's how it should be. Which is why I don't wear the GOA status on forums often either.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I ask people nicely to watch their language or behavior. If they don't, or if they reply negatively, I report them....I don't tell them or make a big deal about it. mostly because if they're acting that way already, then they're just gonna argue with you anyway. I don't want power or authority, I just want to play the game and enjoy it and encourage others to do the same.
    "All is fair in love and war, but remember, this is just a game"

IGN CowboyJim lvl 100 Bear, Juraviel lvl 100 Mage, CowboyJimArch lvl 100 Dex Bird, Cowboytwink lvl 22 Bird, duckorcroak lvl 10 bird
    SL Juraviel lvl 40 Engineer DL Juraviel lvl 21 AL CowboyJim lvl 21 Sorcerer

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion, but the Guardians of Alterra program is a reward. We are looking at different volunteer programs, but I don't think we are going to enact a program like that. Too many issues, as others have pointed out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, but the Guardians of Alterra program is a reward. We are looking at different volunteer programs, but I don't think we are going to enact a program like that. Too many issues, as others have pointed out.
    Making players moderators is a bad idea, no matter how chivalrous one is, they always succumb sooner or later to something in game.

So... Good idea to saying that making "Player-Moderators" is a bad idea? xD.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I disagree,most people have teh right to accuse people but,we also have the right that we can report them...Care or don't, you are reported

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

i only wear the avatar of the GoA since i like to mix that and chronicler for the collectors look xD frankly i dont see us with any special powers.

I was afk-ing in the shadow town and got on to see someone asking me to do something about the sudden ranting that appeared. I reported and went back to chatting with someone. Pretty much all you have to do.

I wouldn't mind the power to help, but that is me as an individual. I dont think that the GoA, that are in truth drafted to the status, should be forced unto too much.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Id like to know more about the volunteer programs. It sounds intresting and would like to put my name down for any position that becomes available in the future.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Stop looking for a fight. Stupid troll."
    Artemis has been reported for calling the troll stupid.