Thread: Rogue vs war Duel need tips

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Rogue vs war Duel need tips

I am looking for some advises on how to vs wars that now new grit maul makes war really op, wait jugg to end and then kill running the risk to get stun lose the packs and in end to die,or try to kill while jugg on, is it possible for a rogue like mine 935 damage 46% critical,2150 armor, 5,1hp to kill?I tried to kill many op wars while jugg on but mainly failed and ended up always with zero mana. Also generally for rogue someone should invest firstly on armor or hp,secondly critical or damage, any advice from similarly good geared rogues is wced

2. The Following User Says Thank You to reiewaun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I am too confused like you. I too tried vs warrior only sometimes I won, really new maul makes them to op.
    Nice too see that killing warrior now requires new strategy n they tough too kill now.
    Hope someone share's their secrete "combo" of killing/surviving against war or any tip to kill warrior before going to zero mana.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anakeobal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Ye for rogues it is easier to get killed cause any wrong move missclick probably will lead u to death, wars while jugg on can't die, I don't know if anyone tried using sns with big success against wars, so data from community would be helpful xd, I usually wait the jugg to cd and kill but I must survive till then,I believe eye gear is the answer though it needs some confirmation,and eyes ain't cheap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Skills: Aim shot, Heal Packs, Razor, Pierce
    Pet: Nekro

Start off with charged auto attack -> charged aim shot -> charged heal packs -> nekro AA.

If at any time, the warrior is stunned, most likely they are vulnerable and you can probably finishing them off by spamming aim shot, pierce, auto attack. If not, continue with the next set of steps.

Charged auto attack -> charged aim shot -> charged auto attack -> charged aim shot (repeat). Used charged heal packs when necessary.

Look at the cd of your nekro AA. Estimate when shield will disappear and do charged razor (for dodge and stun immunity).

Continue with the charged auto attack -> charged aim shot sequence. Drop packs when necessary.

Usually by this time or a little after, you may see the warrior stunned. This usually indicates the warrior is done with juggernaut and is vulnerable. This also happens sometimes after 2nd or 3rd heal when the warrior is out of options.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Ty rav, just two questions how much /5 should someone put on razor, how much mana about do u believe a rogue should have to last, I have my doubts though cause main problem I think is mana in order to finish a war while a rogue definitely needs spam frequently aimed and packs, wars seems to be vulnerable when stunned many times but if u don't finish him a rogue will 80% for sure run totally zero mana and will need to have for packs cause grit maul proc ain't friendly, result death

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I use

Nox 4/5
    Pierce 3/5
    Razor 5/5
    Aim 5/5
    Packs 5/5

Crit 5/5
    Knowledge 5/5
    Might 5/5
    Agility 5/5

3 points go to whatever. I put speed.

Sticking to mostly charge auto attack and charge aim helps conserve mana a bit. Having Nekro helps with the mana a bit too. Warriors overall have a slight problem with mana too so its a matter of outlasting them in many cases.

mesalin

Duel me and I'll show you

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I can just say nerf warriors. They are too op ✌

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

No passive armor?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reiewaun View Post
    No passive armor?
    No its useless in pvp. debuffs from pets and axe will override armor passive and more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Sns isn't ideal vs warrior, I've actually had some success with samael and the passive/aa stun more than nekro. That said, yes while they are under jug it's pretty much God mode. Take out the nox poison damage as well it actually triggers their heal proc while under jug. I try not to use nox at all
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

finally tanks can do something no need nerf them just use other strategy will help!!! before tht maul and the half fix of jugger tanks was 1 combo with jugger on i dont think tht was vs at all :P tht was "farm the tanks" strategy :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Pew Pew Pew those Aimed Shot !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Sns isn't ideal vs warrior, I've actually had some success with samael and the passive/aa stun more than nekro. That said, yes while they are under jug it's pretty much God mode. Take out the nox poison damage as well it actually triggers their heal proc while under jug. I try not to use nox at all
    Kaka u got sns have u tested it on a Duel using sns vs war, I can tell u another strategy that probably works 100%,just dont use sns aa while nekro wars shield on or jugg, use the aa only when nekro shield goes down or u need emergently hp,and after while pretty much jugg will go cd and sns aa will be ready for use, I undoubtedly believe it's win, try test this way and let us know xd
    Last edited by reiewaun; 01-13-2016 at 06:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    No its useless in pvp. debuffs from pets and axe will override armor passive and more.
    I don't know rav but I believe u partially right, axe only debuffs armor 3 secs and nekro has chance on debuff, if u run round and around nekro won't hit, also armor buffs exist before war or rogue hits u for the first time axe or aimed shot, if u don't have it u probably lose more hp, also I believe armor is important on the first hit u will get from other rogue,cause damage is high combined with crit, but let's not also forget that there are mages in this game and I don't think mages can debuff armor (I don't have mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reiewaun View Post
    I don't know rav but I believe u partially right, axe only debuffs armor 3 secs and nekro has chance on debuff, if u run round and around nekro won't hit, also armor buffs exist before war or rogue hits u for the first time axe or aimed shot, if u don't have it u probably lose more hp, also I believe armor is important on the first hit u will get from other rogue,cause damage is high combined with crit, but let's not also forget that there are mages in this game and I don't think mages can debuff armor (I don't have mage)
    Mages do not have any skills that debuff armor. They have to rely on weapons such as the elondrian gun, a few staves or pets. Almost all the competitive pets debuff armor. Even 5% armor debuff will remove the entire durability passive and then 5% armor reduction applied.

When I tested long ago, I believe the debuff applies and then damage is calculated with the debuff on the initial axe throw. You can test this easily if you have a warrior. Respec the warrior without armor debuff on axe. Keep 1 skill point available to respec. Throw axe against an opponent a few times to jot down numbers. Then spec in the armor debuff of axe and compare the values.

Either way, I don't think its worth it to spec durability since the passive armor will be negated eventually, if not initially. Even speed is more useful, slightly increasing your chances of making it to your health packs in small dire circumstances.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Mages do not have any skills that debuff armor. They have to rely on weapons such as the elondrian gun, a few staves or pets. Almost all the competitive pets debuff armor. Even 5% armor debuff will remove the entire durability passive and then 5% armor reduction applied.

When I tested long ago, I believe the debuff applies and then damage is calculated with the debuff on the initial axe throw. You can test this easily if you have a warrior. Respec the warrior without armor debuff on axe. Keep 1 skill point available to respec. Throw axe against an opponent a few times to jot down numbers. Then spec in the armor debuff of axe and compare the values.

Either way, I don't think its worth it to spec durability since the passive armor will be negated eventually, if not initially. Even speed is more useful, slightly increasing your chances of making it to your health packs in small dire circumstances.
    Mmm maybe ty lot for the info rav really appreciated

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Here's how I like to vs tanks.
    Skills: Aimed razor sp and packs.
    Open with charged razor. After I get hit by a, as you are getting pulled tap sp. After so, charge packs. Then charge an Aimed shot. That should be enough to force the tank to use jugg. While the tank is on jugg, just survive, using sp and packs. Charge auto attack when ever u can. Once u stun the tank, or 15 seconds are up, you know jugg is up. Then nuke the tank. If Nekro AA is available, use it to stunlock. Once jugg is up, the vs should be yours regardless. Just don't waste mana attacking when you are feebled.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post: