Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elixirs in new dungeons - pl fixed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Elixirs in new dungeons - pl fixed

I think it would make a better game if elixirs were not allowed in higher level dungeons for a certain amount of time. Enough time for players to reach the maximum level and enjoy their status.

Sure, this could potentially decrease purchases of plat.. But there will soon enough be a time where players can and will buy platinum to level up in these dungeons.

I also think it would make a better game if experiance gained in dungeons was weighted against the level of players in that specific run. This could potentially increase platinum sales and decrease the obsence begging to be leveled up.

And again, I think kills gained and should be weighted against the dungeon you play in. ie. Caves will likely kill many level 55+ players and possibly provide a greater challenge than sewers do - yet, they dont gain kills there.

Player versues player should also be weighted against the player you verse.

I also think that damnage dealt and damnage absorbed should be a factor in experiance gained (xp) and reputation. A tank does not get the respect they deserve. .... Mage, bear or bird Leading a pack, taking aggro and damnaging the enemies for others to come behind and clean up also does not justify "reputation" gained - or lost, again, leader holding aggro and gaining deaths.

In short, please, lets have our leader boards and reputation mean something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Please, only constructive feed back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

--Damage absorbed -- so low armor and a low dodge would get you more?

--Caves, also LE and SSC are elite dungeons, I think they should be there.

--Elixirs not allowed "for a certain amount of time" -- can't tell what you're saying.

--"experiance gained in dungeons was weighted against the level of players in that specific run" -- Basically if there's a level 56, XP for everyone goes down?

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I assume that you mean after a new campaign goes live, elixirs wouldn't be available for that specific campaign for a limited time thus allowing players to enjoy it the way it was meant to be played (at least for a short period). I think it's a sound idea, but plat purchases are necessary to keep upgrades coming and this change would deter from that. I think that people would just avoid the new campaign for a while and just wait until the elixirs are available for them, then continue "begging" the players who took time to grind without.

Kills should be weighted, but sadly they're not. It's a major drawback for the Shadow Caves that even though it presents more of a challenge than any BS campaign, I don't get credit for any kills but deaths are abundant! I imagine those players who care about kdr avoid SC like the black plague.

If my bird takes all the aggro (with bears in the party taking a backseat), deals major damage and still has to share the xp is a moot point at best. The xp gained is so minimal (even at threat level red) that to have to divide it up based on anything besides the kill itself would be a bit pointless.

Finally, I have no idea how you decided "reputation" is gained... so I cannot fully comment on that. The LB is pretty much stacked with boosters so it would be nice to see some sort of system that rewards a different type of player, however LB boosting is a part of almost any online game that has the option so there is really no good way to change that. I know you asked for only constructive feedback, but you don't actually have much to add yourself. It's all just what you don't like with no real alternative; perhaps you should elaborate on what you think is bad then form a plan to fix it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes. I think that if a high lvl player goes to a low level dungeon experiance gained should go down for all characters. Not a popular beleif im sure. But it would eliminate begging to level and cause players to enjoy all maps.. (this would be weighted properly so lets say 5 lvl 20 characters run together for an hour and gain 1500 xp each. Then.. If 4 lvl 20 characters and a lvl 55 run together, experiance gained would still be 1500 xp.

Limiting elixirs use in a new higher level dungeon with higher level caps.. Thats what i was referencing. So.. Lets say sand caves was released june 1st and had a new lvl cap of 61 then for an example, elixirs would not be allowed in sand caves till july 1st.

Shadow caves were merely an example, not a stand alone reference.

Im unsure exactly how people should gain reputation for holding aggro/taking damnage. Complicated with dodge armor ect... but I still think they should

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

By reptation, im refering to your k/d or the level you hold. And I posted numerous problems and solutions.. Liked your post till the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

As much as I loath elixirs they are BIG money makers and I can't see them not being allowed. Would be nice but eh can't see it being done.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I understand now how you believe that xp should be scaled down based on the highest player's level (much like how certain items are scaled down), and think that it's a good idea but does have the potential to ruin community cohesiveness. For instance, high level players cannot help lower players complete quests or just plain level up. I know that begging for "powerleveling" is an annoyance, but occasionally there are people who are deserving of help and this would hinder that process. If we remove this aspect of the game, it's also possible that higher level players may get bored as helping a friend level up a toon may be what is keeping them in game. Fact is that currently there is little high level content and sometimes I enjoy helping a group of lower/newer players with some xp and tips. If the xp gets reduced then the incentive for them to want me in the group is far less and they're suddenly left to learn the ropes without a mentor/tutor to help them along the way.

Sorry you disliked my closing argument, but if you create a post with a problem I believe you should have a potential solution as well. Nothing personal, just a belief that I hold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

where did I post a problem without a solution?

I also agree with helping people. I just added a lvl 16 because they said they are six years old. But I dont find people that want knowledge, only lvling and gold.

I also think it would be kinda cool if.. For example, no higher than lvl 50 gear for oasis 3 was allowed and lvl 45 gear for oasis 2 was allowed ect... This would create storage issues... But id also like to see more quests like the cyber quests.

another cool thing would be if you did not have to go to stash to get an item, that if there was a spot next to vanity items for stash. It is a pain to constantly change a recurve set from bear to bird.

I think stash spots could at least be in each city at the spawn point so you could easily transfer items... Then if we could just get people to not stand on the stash avitars.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

You glossed over the leaderboard (LB) aspect of your post, plenty of people dislike the current LB but offer no other alternative. It's a small annoyance, but if one doesn't like it then one doesn't have to look. Also a death LB stat ftw, that may not be the rep you want to hold down.

Sorry that you don't run into players seeking knowledge, I come across them frequently but yes players mainly want gold and to get leveled and that's just how it is. The gear restrictions would be a pain, it would force players to hold onto lower level gear to gain access to lower campaigns, it would cause higher levels to die in lower campaigns much more frequently and they still wouldn't get credit for kills even though they lowered themselves to the mob's level (minus the skill/stat increases), and overall I just think it would force higher levels to avoid low campaigns altogether.

Stashing an item from inventory would be awesome... period. Having a stash NPC near spawn would cut down on time, but only by seconds at most. A new NPC for stash was added to FH so that is a step in the right direction. Side note: I found the cyber quests quite boring, it's the same rinse/repeat quests that are abundant throughout this game and make the entire quest system a boring add-on, imo.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 06-21-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lb?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

gear could also be scaled back according to the dungeon you are in.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

LB stands for leaderboard.

Are you suggesting that gear, no matter the level would lose stats based on the dungeon level cap? For example, my Raid Roach set would lose ~25 levels worth of stats if I entered the Frozen Nightmare campaign with it equipped? If I understand you, this wouldn't actually fix the problem the only thing it would accomplish is allow players to continue to wear the same gear to gain access to any dungeon. It would still cause high level players to be handicapped in lower level dungeons, and thus cause some (or more) to avoid those dungeons at all costs.

What I'm saying is there is no actual pay off for a higher level toons to join lower level dungeons with this system that you're suggesting. If a player cannot gain kills/xp for entering the map and are crippled to the level of the mobs, why bother at all?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Why do we want higher level toons to join lower level dungeons...?

Star light, star bright...

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Because if we lock them into one campaign more and more people will take extended breaks or quit outright. Sometimes a change of scenery is a good thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I also mentioned that if a lvl 55 goes to forest haven, it seems that after thousands of kills or what ever is appropreit, they sould gain at least one kill.

And as it is, I think high lvl toons in low lvls is not good. I do not see a problem with an eliteplayer being lvled... But I am disapointed when newbs are lvled.. Maybe I shouldnt be..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Im sorry, I deleted the forest haven reference. But it is there now :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Many player farm expensive swamp items/recipes/rares/collectables in lower dungeons. If you R penalized before you go in many players would not farm items, get bored and quit.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

There's the additional point that if the higher level players cannot farm for low level items, then those item will become scarce and the economy would suffer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I question both points. I think that if what I am talking about was in place, then people could make similar claims about changing that.

I think your feed back is awesome. But less lvl 30 gear?... Harder to farm gold... ? I dont see that as a bad thing. With less gold, things would have to cost less gold.. And items that are disbanned now maybe appreciated.

I see it as making all maps relevant.. Adding to the diversity of the game and possibly overal enjoyment. As it stands, it seems the same maps are played over and over.. Instead of of five sewer maps, keeper, plasma pyrmid, or whatever, all maps could be enjoyed by all players at any point. Now I think that would be cool.