Thread: Interface and Game Idea tweaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Interface and Game Idea tweaks

After spending sometimes with this game. I have the following small suggestions which I think would help.

1. Add A real time/Clock on screen (or maybe as an option to have it there or not) - similar to Chaos Rings. I lose track of time playing this game (time seems to fly by).

2. Since this is using 3G or wifi constantly to play, this is the most battery intensive game I have. Would be nice to have the battery indicator available on the screen (similar to chaos rings). I normally play with it plugged in but would be good for if i'm on the road. I think it would lead to better battery management.

3. We are playing this game on our phones so when we get a call, I have to quickly tap the home button (iphone) to bring up the multitasking, switch back to my game, and find a safe place or exit the run so I don't die taking a phone call. Is it possible to make the character invincible during the call when PL is not the active window or at least be able to warp them back to the safe spawn point of the dungeon. Same thing with lagging out, if the server can not find your phone, I think all attacks on you and from you should be temporarily put on hold and only resume once you back on the server. I should not connect back to the game dead due to lag. Other suggests are welcome. Just trying to prevent dying from lag spikes or phone calls.

4. Boss stats. I was thinking that the bosses have their own kills and deaths pop up briefly on their introduction screen. If you think this might downgrade the earlier bosses menacing introduction for beginners seeing them for the first time, maybe use a kill death ratio or just how many they have killed? For the later bosses like the Shadow witch, I was just interested how many players these bosses are killing. If stat tracking starts on the bosses, maybe have a top ten list of players for each boss that have killed them the most and that the boss has killed the most.
    IGN: LordFuey (pure dex bird) Level: 53

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

My thoughts about your suggestions:

1&2: Although I agree with it being useful, personally I don't see this as necessary. It would clutter the screen even more than it already is. If they would add anything else to the screen, I'd prefer something like quick-slots selection or something useful. You can always press the home button to quickly check your battery-status and/or time. Or, if jailbroken, you could install a tweak that shows you that info on the multitasking bar, so you don't even have to exit your app at all (I believe it's called 'multitasking time').

3. Interesting suggestion, but what if you get a call and don't answer it? Will you be spawned back to the entrance point? Other than that, I like this suggestion. Also, I have too many deaths because of lag already. It would be nice to see some kind of a solution implemented for that.

4. I wouldn't want that info popping up everytime I get to a boss (I disabled camera effects because I thought it's annoying). Other than that, I think it's a great idea to have stats per boss accessible somehow.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

1. Would be a nice addition with the ability to turn off.2. Again another great idea.3. People would try to exploit this. What about the people who don't want to spawn to a safe area? I myself would be very upset, if everytime I was called by a random person and I was warped somewhere else.4. Interesting idea, although it seems like a lot of work to add something not very pertinent. Most people are very aware that the Crush Keeper's D/K is extremely high.
    Last edited by Orcish; 06-21-2011 at 08:03 AM.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

at least add this for the Ipad, the Ipad has such a big screen theres plenty of room for more customization

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

2. It's not too much work to just open your avatar page, tap the tab on the furthest right, and look near the bottom left for the battery symbol

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I think I may just install the multitasking time.

5. Just hit me. Push notifications for when an item has been bought in CS. I check all the time to see if my item has been sold. Maybe it will make the CS room a bit less populated as people won't need to constantly check.
    Last edited by Fuey; 06-21-2011 at 10:35 PM.
    IGN: LordFuey (pure dex bird) Level: 53

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

The way I check stuff is going into TapJoy, and checking batt/time/any other notifications at the top bar.

EDIT: Home button --> click on PL again is faster, but I have to scroll 2 screens to do that unless I put it on my front page, which has a lot of other stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

My thoughts:

1. I like the idea of a real-time clock, but the main screen doesn't seem like a fit place to put it. The far right tab would be more of the place for a quick check on the time. A clock would be a great idea.

2. There is a battery bar in the far right tab of the character menu. It's a great help and is accurate.

3. I don't think it would be very good to have a person jump to the beginning of the level each time their is a call or an interruption. Move back a little bit and send the team a quick message saying "brb" or "afk" and you should be fine.

4. I would like to see boss stats, not on or above the boss himself/herself, but on the leaderboards would be a fun place to see which boss kills most and dies most.

5. Push notifications would be helpful. Mailboxes have been talked about in the forums before (I'm unsure of it it's being implimented), but that would be an ideal place as well.
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire