Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blocking in pvp, and a clash proposal for gold to solve it at 16-18 level zone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Default Blocking in pvp, and a clash proposal for gold to solve it at 16-18 level zone.

I haven't played this game long. Only a year in February to be exact. Pvp has been a very big part of my AL life throughout my short time in arlor, though. It goes without saying that every facet of a ctf game can be exhilarating. From the strategic nuances to the perfectly timed pet AA; from the kill streaks to the ill fated heals that cost a clash...it's all so fun and exciting. What I fail to understand is the fascination with blocking. Now, I'm no saint, the guild I'm in is not always a shining beacon of pvp etiquette and we are all only human. We are flawed and we like to win. I get this.

Now, there are certain guilds in my bracket of choice (16-18) that just refuse to stay in any ctf map without 1-4, yes 4, blocks of theirs on the other team. Since they seem to show no shame over it in game, even trash talking and belittling anyone who wants a fair clash, I will name them. Nvm, game oover, xpsycho, next. For the past month or so we can never find a decent clash except with one guild and I actually commend public enemy for trying to be fair with us most of the time. Now since there is this issue of blocking and "kdr loving," I'd like to propose a clash with any guild in the bracket. There will be a gold payout. Maybe this will get some fair clashes going for us and we can all have some fun.

The rules are simple. Teams of level 16-18 twinks and only 3 tanks maximum per side. Any pets are approved as we all run around with arcanes these days. 20 clashes per match and the results will be tallied in kills and clashes won per team. No rejoins so if you die, stay in spawn until clash ends. This prevents the fight from happening too close to either spawn and allowing an unfair advantage. Screenshots or any recorded footage of clash may be taken and posted for proof of match results.

I hope this serves as incentive for fair clashes in the bracket. Pvp is about fun and challenging your skill level, not farming 3 members of the other team. Contact me in game @ dispute if you'd like to vs or set up a guild vs guild clash. Tactical is always ready for a nice fray.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueSkied For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I agree with all above. I would LOVE it. 5v5 is so hard to come by now and i miss clashes alot.
    ill PM ya on the weekend, we'll tee something up

Mrs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

The thing is, once a certain guild has earned the reputation of always blocking, ganging, and not playing fair, what do other guilds do when they encounter members from such guild? Yeah, block and gang first. On the issue of fair, most tactical members seem to think fighting against lvl 16s is fair. Before you start "oh, 1 level is not that big a of a difference, we fight 18s and 19s all the time", just answer this very simple question, full team of 16s vs a full team of 17s, equal gears, equal pets, equal skills, who do you think is going to win?

I think the number 1 cause of the problem you mentioned is the trash talking, and every guild have trash talking members, some more than others. Gold payouts will definitely promotes fair clashes, but only temporarily. What really needs to be done is for every guild masters and officers in this bracket to strictly enforce and promote fair play, only then we can see an improvement on this issue.
    Last edited by Bluebatthing; 01-17-2016 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebatthing View Post
    The thing is, once a certain guild has earned the reputation of always blocking, ganging, and not playing fair, what do other guilds do when they encounter members from such guild? Yeah, block and gang first. On the issue of fair, most tactical members seem to think fighting against lvl 16s is fair. Before you start "oh, 1 level is not that big a of a difference, we fight 18s and 19s all the time", just answer this very simple question, full team of 16s vs a full team of 17s, equal gears, equal pets, equal skills, who do you think is going to win?

I think the number 1 cause of the problem you mentioned is the trash talking, and every guild have trash talking members, some more than others. Gold payouts will definitely promotes fair clashes, but only temporarily. What really needs to be done is for every guild masters and officers in this bracket to strictly enforce and promote fair play, only then we can see an improvement on this issue.
    I have absolutely 0 issues with doing a 4v5 against 16s, but even then they complain that I'm 17. My issue is when they think 3v5 is the only " Fair" game for 16 vs 17. And yes yes we do fight 18s and 19s without complaints. But that's us, and we don't care. However the 16s do seem to care so I'll oblige, if I have a good and ready team

P.s. Stop mentioning you're 16 @thelevel16players. We already know, and telling us makes no difference

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

And those 18s and 19s are of equal gears, pets, and skills? I highly doubt it. I have a feeling this is going to turn into a pissing contest. I've proposed a solution to the issue on my first post, I digress.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterspar View Post
    I have absolutely 0 issues with doing a 4v5 against 16s, but even then they complain that I'm 17. My issue is when they think 3v5 is the only " Fair" game for 16 vs 17. And yes yes we do fight 18s and 19s without complaints. But that's us, and we don't care. However the 16s do seem to care so I'll oblige, if I have a good and ready team

P.s. Stop mentioning you're 16 @thelevel16players. We already know, and telling us makes no difference

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

if its an arranged gw, will be perfect.
    some of us have alt17's we can utilise also.
    so providing there are people online, lets 5v5 sure.
    no TT, NO complaints, race to 10/20 or whatever we agree on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Twinking threads are my favorite .

I think blocking is good. It makes you to be a pro runner, that's what pvp is about... who runs faster. As an endgame rogue i preffer to leave a room if I'm blocked. PvP is about strategy not about gear. I don't believe it exists any twink bracket with no blocks. Endgame has their blockers too... rarely. Mostly are flaggers.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    Twinking threads are my favorite .

I think blocking is good. It makes you to be a pro runner, that's what pvp is about... who runs faster. As an endgame rogue i preffer to leave a room if I'm blocked. PvP is about strategy not about gear. I don't believe it exists any twink bracket with no blocks. Endgame has their blockers too... rarely. Mostly are flaggers.
    I've been waiting for your comments lol.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebatthing View Post
    And those 18s and 19s are of equal gears, pets, and skills? I highly doubt it. I have a feeling this is going to turn into a pissing contest. I've proposed a solution to the issue on my first post, I digress.
    no its not equal gears, pets, and skills. They have sns and we dont but we still win. And if equal skills is necessary to make a fight fair then i guess tactical can never have a fair fight - Mstm

12. The Following User Says Thank You to butterspar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Name:  Screenshot_2016-01-20-14-23-24.png
Views: 810
Size:  275.8 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2016-01-20-14-23-39.png
Views: 814
Size:  231.7 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2016-01-20-14-23-44.png
Views: 794
Size:  233.7 KB
    It's kinda funny of you expecting a fair game when you do the same dude!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to savaage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by savaage View Post
    Oh damn..but hey as they said their not a shining beacon of etiquette so they do block and gang sometimes lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

I like your team mates/opponents twink pvp vocabulary from those screenshots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Name:  Screenshot_2016-01-22-11-28-21.png
Views: 726
Size:  512.5 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2016-01-22-11-28-10.png
Views: 708
Size:  519.2 KB
    Well! This time I guess he got what he asked for and after ignoring all their arrogant behaviours that moment when we were about to finish the match, this is what happened. Let's say "GF"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I think in order to finish this blocking and ganging, the big guild leaders should take an initiative and fight against people who do not follow the rules. Thing is all the guilds have to start the intiative at the same time so that noone gets ganged or blocked. People who do not follow the rules should we kicked basically, and should be kept on the MOTD that those who did not follow the rules should be treated with the same treatment as they were doing (ganging blocking abusing). If its a fair system, many more people from diff twink levels will also join to ur bracket making it more popular and active.
    Inactive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

not a bad plan, it is annoying when we get blocked or ganged but we go out of our way to fight fair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey 2.0 View Post
    I think in order to finish this blocking and ganging, the big guild leaders should take an initiative and fight against people who do not follow the rules. Thing is all the guilds have to start the intiative at the same time so that noone gets ganged or blocked. People who do not follow the rules should we kicked basically, and should be kept on the MOTD that those who did not follow the rules should be treated with the same treatment as they were doing (ganging blocking abusing). If its a fair system, many more people from diff twink levels will also join to ur bracket making it more popular and active.
    Feel free to ask them to do it, every time we ask it's "lol cry noob" hope you have better luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by butterspar View Post
    Feel free to ask them to do it, every time we ask it's "lol cry noob" hope you have better luck
    then convince ur friends to leave that guild. join someone who promotes fair fights instead of using cheap ways to win. All it takes to make a new guild is some good friends joining together. When people see you and ur friends together..enjoying pvp in the correct way..they will surely join
    Inactive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

this makes me feel so sad, everyone knows how avenger is, personally he was blocking us yesterday during all day, now they comes complaining about block when they block us every moment and running when we can get a full 5vs5 team? dont say no pls, everyone already knows
    56 latinhero , 46 heroelatino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Ez Solution: LVL up.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts