Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why legends isnt fun anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Why legends isnt fun anymore

Hi all,
    Im not trying to troll or flame, this really is ment as feedback to the devs!!

Ive been lv 56 for a few months and after that i tried to get rich and get some gear. With the low drop rate at the sewers this is a hard job but i managed.
    On the moment i got bored and was looking forward for a new lv cap you guys pimped the low lv dungeons and added a new dungeon also low lv.
    After this the fun really dissapeared and pl became a 3d version of msn (like a good friend of mine said to me ) and he is right the only thing to do is get another char to 56 or farm farm farm and talk to friends ( i can use msn skype or any other platform for that)

I hear the new lv cap is comming but right now i dont even feel like starting pl again because the game killed itself due to the long waiting. I havent been playing for weeks now!

I really liked pl but here is were you guys went the wrong way. i believe i still have 160 plat i cant use!
    I dont understand the use of the pimping and the new low lv?

Oh and before ppl start with bla bla and how great this game is and that im wrong, really i loved this game and had a lot of fun and new friends and i respect the devs for doing a great job on the game.
    Last edited by cynic; 06-22-2011 at 05:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

since the one that replied m to my thread removed his story i can remove this one as well
    Last edited by cynic; 06-22-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Not quite sure what the answer is that you are looking for. If what everyone says in response to your post is "bla bla bla", then why even post?

Thread should be locked.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Hey Cynic, not trying to flame or anything here, but personally I think the best thing you can do is just take a break from the game a couple of weeks more and come back when the new content is released

I have to agree that it's hard to stay interested sometimes, especially when you see all your goals being reached. I do understand why they updated lower levels though, it seems like they're closing the gap there was in therms of sets for lower level toons. They added lvl 5, 15 crafted pink stuff and lv 25'ish sets that were really missing IMO. They might even continue this trend by adding lvl 40-45 sets. In the end it means that all lvl ranges will be covered with having their own unique sets or set pieces.

That being said, even though I still really like playing PL, I feel where you're coming from. I had a goal of a certain amount of gold, and lv my chars to 56 before the level cap. Now that I'm there, I don't feel much insentive to start farming or merchanting at the moment. I'm just taking it slow until the new cap is released, and I'll bet I'll be farming like mad again as soon as it is. Maybe you could do that too
    Last edited by JaytB; 06-22-2011 at 06:18 AM.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hi jay,
    The break is exactly what im doing now
    But i feel im losing interest and i wouldnt write this if i didnt love the game so much.
    Im glad u recognise what im pointing out, all goals are reached and then the game ends.
    Ok for some "real" feedback perhaps the devs could add some more quest instead of whole new dungeons, the sewer could use some new quest in my opinion

Ok for all other what im trying to do and believe me, im trying to get my fun back again. As long as i keep quiet devs wont know what ppl think.
    I could say it a 1000 times POCKET LKEGENDS is a cool great and fun game, why would i have been playing it for so long ??
    Its always dangerous to speak out that something isnt fun while the rest of the ppl are having so much fun, thats why it started about the bla bla answers i could get. ive been here before, but believe me im really not trying to flame
    Jay ty for understanding and thinking with me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Hi jay,
    The break is exactly what im doing now
    But i feel im losing interest and i wouldnt write this if i didnt love the game so much.
    Im glad u recognise what im pointing out, all goals are reached and then the game ends.
    Ok for some "real" feedback perhaps the devs could add some more quest instead of whole new dungeons, the sewer could use some new quest in my opinion

Ok for all other what im trying to do and believe me, im trying to get my fun back again. As long as i keep quiet devs wont know what ppl think.
    I could say it a 1000 times POCKET LKEGENDS is a cool great and fun game, why would i have been playing it for so long ??
    Its always dangerous to speak out that something isnt fun while the rest of the ppl are having so much fun, thats why it started about the bla bla answers i could get. ive been here before, but believe me im really not trying to flame
    Jay ty for understanding and thinking with me
    I can understand the reactions you're getting here too. People are just very pasionate about their favorite game, and a lot of negative posts appear on the forums. Most of them are posted by people who don't do anything else than whining and complaining. But, I remember you from in game, I even have you in my friends list and know that you're not that type of person.

As said, best thing you can do is just wait it out. I hope to see you back in game soon, when the new cap and content is there

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I can understand the reactions you're getting here too. People are just very pasionate about their favorite game, and a lot of negative posts appear on the forums. Most of them are posted by people who don't do anything else than whining and complaining. But, I remember you from in game, I even have you in my friends list and know that you're not that type of person.

As said, best thing you can do is just wait it out. I hope to see you back in game soon, when the new cap and content is there
    thanx m8 u understand, i hope we can join as soon as the lv cap is raised again.
    and u r right im not the person to attack pl because the game is great !! waiting can be anoying that why i dont understand the pimping and the low lv dungeon because as a lv 56 i dont have anything to do up there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

You should pvp. If your not good at it find a new build, get some experience, and have fun.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Try twinking (low lvl pvp) or lvling up a new char. This game was designed for on the go short time playing so it doesnt have as much content as say, RS or WoW. Good luck man. Your interest will return when the new stuff comes out.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

They should add an option of more hardcore things like level 56 is an option to do its hardcore
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was under the impression that PL is still a WiP, if a very well-done and fleshed out one. I've only been playing for a month and a half or so, but I'm nowhere near bored with it yet, and I've been really impressed with the frequency and quality of the updates I've been here for as well. I just made my first new toon, and that's a lot of fun so far too Forest Haven updates are much easier to appreciate with a fresh low level than with your old one that you just ran through the new quests with. Really.

I'm tired as hell, so I apologize if this is a bit incoherent or stupid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Im with you xandrok. I really wished sand caves was a new lvl cap... And could probably use a new one again by the time we get one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I was just talking to a friend today about how few people are online now compared to months ago. I rarely see the number above the 2000's and it used to always be much higher. I think it's good you're expressing what you'd like to see but I also see how some might get upset because some people really enjoy things how they are. I still find much fun in the game. I'm also not a hard core gamer so my standards are a little different than some. For instance, I'm currently leveling my bird. I'm up to 43. I have people offering to level me but aside from one or two friends I don't always take them up on the offer because I really like leveling slowly. It's nice to kind of feel like I'm getting to know my bird, know the range, know the strengths and weaknesses and really try to hone my skills.

I try to find people to help. I talk to friends (although with the chat filter I sometimes get muted--and annoyed--because I'm not coming up with creative ways to curse like the kids who still shout out profanities in town by making their spelling more creative) even though I could talk on MSN or YIM but I prefer to talk in game because the friends in game are not on my YIM AND I can check cs, go run dungeons, etc, I get bored and I log off.

I am actually a little bummed about the new level cap because I don't grind very well. I like to level slowly but then a bunch of people who only like to grind grind grind to just get to the finish line all end up at the top and start acting rudely to those of us who level more slowly but probably play 100X better than many who ground to get to the top. So, once again, I'll slowly and steadily make it to the top but I was getting cozy with the way things are now

I don't know if I even have a point or if I did I've probably strayed from it. lol. Sorry to ramble.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Josephjackson View Post
    Lol
    haha! Are you laughing at me? See I don't always just lose my train of thought when I'm in the game. It happens all the time :P

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Hey Cynic! A lot of us old time players and forumers understand exactly what your going through. I just recently came back from a almost 2 month break. The best thing you can do for yourself right now is just leave Pocket Legends alone for awhile. Thats what I did. I have been really getting into pocket legends again lately.

You also gotta set goals for yourself. I know I know, getting level 56 again is a goal. What I mean is you need to set new, interesting and fun goals for yourself in the game and maybe even on the forums. My latest goal was to get 56, accomplished. Now my new goal to keep me playing until the update is to finish all quests in the game. 184/190. Then after that, it will be to build some gold wealth to afford new gears. If I accomplish that, I will keep working on my community and forum goals for the game.

Some goals you can set for yourself is to farm a vyxnaar helmet, farm a green ice, or get a certain kill count. You can also aim to be one of the best pvp'ers, or twinkers. Even though the content on this game is limitted, there is still PLENTY to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    I was just talking to a friend today about how few people are online now compared to months ago. I rarely see the number above the 2000's and it used to always be much higher. I think it's good you're expressing what you'd like to see but I also see how some might get upset because some people really enjoy things how they are. I still find much fun in the game. I'm also not a hard core gamer so my standards are a little different than some. For instance, I'm currently leveling my bird. I'm up to 43. I have people offering to level me but aside from one or two friends I don't always take them up on the offer because I really like leveling slowly. It's nice to kind of feel like I'm getting to know my bird, know the range, know the strengths and weaknesses and really try to hone my skills.

I try to find people to help. I talk to friends (although with the chat filter I sometimes get muted--and annoyed--because I'm not coming up with creative ways to curse like the kids who still shout out profanities in town by making their spelling more creative) even though I could talk on MSN or YIM but I prefer to talk in game because the friends in game are not on my YIM AND I can check cs, go run dungeons, etc, I get bored and I log off.

I am actually a little bummed about the new level cap because I don't grind very well. I like to level slowly but then a bunch of people who only like to grind grind grind to just get to the finish line all end up at the top and start acting rudely to those of us who level more slowly but probably play 100X better than many who ground to get to the top. So, once again, I'll slowly and steadily make it to the top but I was getting cozy with the way things are now

I don't know if I even have a point or if I did I've probably strayed from it. lol. Sorry to ramble.

Hehehe i think i lvled with you today. Riseabove.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Well, there's nothing wrong with taking a break, as you are doing. There will be plenty to spend your plat on in a few weeks.

Just because you love the game, doesn't mean the devs will develop it in accordance with your hopes. I feel the same way you do, about how much I love the game, but I also don't see them developing it the way I wish. In the end, it's their game, not mine. But I have made a lot of suggestions that got implemented. Perhaps if you state what you do want rather than what you don't want you will start to see the same.

You do want a new campaign that raises the level cap. It's on the way. You do want more things to do. Soon there will be two games.

But remember, for every player like you, there's a player like me. I do not have more than an hour or so a day to play. I have fourteen characters, and I can't seem to keep them all happy. I've remade my main and tried to get back to level cap with fewer deaths and no elixirs, but it's slow going.

I can give you a bunch of ideas but you might not like them.

Have you tried the disposable character idea? Using "Unregistered Account", just grab a randomly created character and do FH once with all quests, then delete. It takes about an hour and you get to level 6. There isn't any good loot at that level, so it's not a big deal to delete.

Are you good at Shadow Caves? If so, why not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

well this thread turns out to be a normal conversation like i wanted it to be.
    Thnx for all the ideas but ill stick to the break until lv cap and new dungeon are here.
    See u then guys

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

If you are bored with the game change up the way you play a bit. Make a twink, twinking is always fun! Or try getting into pvp.