Thread: The Mysterious Jewel Thief (idea)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default The Mysterious Jewel Thief (idea)

I see alot of people complaining on forums and ingame about jewel drop rate, and how expensive a single standard/fortified is...

I have an idea that may fix that... possibly.

the Mysterious Jewel Thief.

(on the basis of King Northal, we all know kings have jewel right?)

ok, so when doing a regular rengol map, you have a chance for the Jewel Thief to spawn. (sort of like the ice spirits from winter event or the portals from event times. this also applies to elite rengol)

now, the jewel thief will charge you 5k gold and 3 planar essence, which can be gotten from planar tombs daily and drops. (not fragments.)

when you pay 5k gold and 3 planar essence, you get teleported to a room where there will be a boss to fight.

the bosses should be as follows,

tier 1. (lowest tier and weakest. 100% drop of 2 cracked jewels. random type.)

tier 2. (meduim level tier and 2nd strongest. 100% drop of 1 damaged jewel. 75% of an extra jewel drop.)

and then..

tier 3. (the strongest of the 3 Demi-Jewel Bosses. 75% chance to drop any weak jewel. with a 50% chance to drop a second weak jewel.)

all jewel drops would be of random nature. you could snag double weak fin jewels! or double weak water jewels..

it would be a way to get planar tombs much more active, along with a way to "gamble" your gold for fancy jewels

all bosses would be random. with more of a chance to recieve tier one and two compared to tier 3.

I woild recommend that the 3rd boss being hard. (tank receive a 25% damage boost inside the boss arena! since it should be a single person allowed.

we dont want people inviting a full team into a tier 3 boss... that would be bad..

also, the map should instantly be locked on the appearance of a jewel thief.. we dont want one person holding the map open when people just join in and take advantage of the thief.. thats just abusive to the poor thief :,(

keep in mind, this is just an idea. please feel free to let me know what u think XD. if you have something rude to say, or just want to hate on this idea without it being constructive criticism. I will report your comment to mods.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kiwotsukete For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Well nowadays AL Gen Dis = AL Feedback/Suggestion section.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

4. The Following User Says Thank You to epicrrr For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

forgot to add that this would not constantly be going on. like with king northal, it should be a time lapsed event thingy. were it is available for 1 hour. then closes for awhile.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

it is an idea. I am not suggesting it be put into the game like this... there is a difference between those two things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

A very good idea indeed. Thumbs up!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

would it be better is say, the third tier boss has a 75% chance to drop a weak jewel (any type) and have a 100% chance to drop a second jewel ranging from cracked to weak of any type? same applies to tier two. that way you are 100% walking away with a jewel of some type. whether it is a 40-50k jewel or a 12k jewel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiwotsukete View Post
    it is an idea. I am not suggesting it be put into the game like this... there is a difference between those two things.
    uhhhhh that's a suggestion.......
    Ign - Coolguymage

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

no thanks to this idea... Just bring back jewel elixir for 8 plat, let it run a week or so again.. Thanks

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MasterP For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    uhhhhh that's a suggestion.......
    im not suggesting this be put ingame.. it is an idea of a possible suggestion... google the definition of idea and suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I like it
    But that would take time to make it ( sts development )
    I would say no tier for bosses
    Only 1 boss can drop 2 jewel
    From weak and below ..
    And that is better idea for non-play user to buy jewel elix
    I like it , hope sts do it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

im not suggesting this be put ingame.. it is an idea of a possible suggestion... google the definition of idea and suggestion
    The definition is to "put forward for consideration"

And if u aren't putting it forward for consideration to be put into the game, why suggest?

I'm not trying to put down your post, yet it is in the incorrect section.
    Ign - Coolguymage

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    The definition is to "put forward for consideration"

And if u aren't putting it forward for consideration to be put into the game, why suggest?

I'm not trying to put down your post, yet it is in the incorrect section.
    clearly not putting it up for consideration... it is an idea that u may make into a suggestion. major difference. thus, it is in the right section.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

I woild recommend that the 3rd boss being hard. (tank receive a 25% damage boost inside the boss arena! since it should be a single person allowed.
    Why limit the "jewel arena" to one player??

Just think if it was a full party, all players could swap jewels. Win win for all.
    Absolutely no fun to kill bosses alone all the time.

Also nothing but primary stat jewels and or future consumables we are not aware of (i.e. keys to unlock crates) We get enough rubbish jewels running elites.

Good main idea Kiwotsukete

Last edited by Avaree; 01-20-2016 at 06:42 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

forgot to add that this would not constantly be going on. like with king northal, it should be a time lapsed event thingy. were it is available for 1 hour. then closes for awhile.
    Why not let it be a portal with arcane deary guarding it. You enter it disappears. Seriously to allow players to enter and re enter for an hour wouldn't make much sense at all, it would only flood marked with whatever loot drops.
    Last edited by Avaree; 01-20-2016 at 07:18 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Why not let it be a portal with arcane deary guarding it. You enter it disappears. Seriously to allow players to enter and re enter for an hour wouldn't make much sense at all, it would only flood marked with whatever loot drops.
    you misunderstood, you can only enter the same portal once. that Is why I said the map is closed when the portal spawns. so no one cant keep entering the same map and reusing the portal. also, the reason is said it should be a 1v1 is to prevent a person making 4 seperate pts of 4 to farm jewels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I see alot of people complaining on forums and ingame about jewel drop rate, and how expensive a single standard/fortified is...

I have an idea that may fix that... possibly.

the Mysterious Jewel Thief.

(on the basis of King Northal, we all know kings have jewel right?)

ok, so when doing a regular rengol map, you have a chance for the Jewel Thief to spawn. (sort of like the ice spirits from winter event or the portals from event times. this also applies to elite rengol)

now, the jewel thief will charge you 5k gold and 3 planar essence, which can be gotten from planar tombs daily and drops. (not fragments.)

when you pay 5k gold and 3 planar essence, you get teleported to a room where there will be a boss to fight.

the bosses should be as follows,

tier 1. (lowest tier and weakest. 100% drop of 2 cracked jewels. random type.)

tier 2. (meduim level tier and 2nd strongest. 100% drop of 1 damaged jewel. 75% of an extra jewel drop.)

and then..

tier 3. (the strongest of the 3 Demi-Jewel Bosses. 75% chance to drop any weak jewel. with a 50% chance to drop a second weak jewel.)

all jewel drops would be of random nature. you could snag double weak fin jewels! or double weak water jewels..

it would be a way to get planar tombs much more active, along with a way to "gamble" your gold for fancy jewels

all bosses would be random. with more of a chance to recieve tier one and two compared to tier 3.

we dont want people inviting a full team into a tier 3 boss... that would be bad..

also, the map should instantly be locked on the appearance of a jewel thief.. we dont want one person holding the map open when people just join in and take advantage of the thief.. thats just abusive to the poor thief :,(

keep in mind, this is just an idea. please feel free to let me know what u think XD. if you have something rude to say, or just want to hate on this idea without it being constructive criticism. I will report your comment to mods.
    It's a nice idea. But the way you said it is very big and it needs a lot of work on behalf of the devs, and the idea may just be overlooked.

But I love the jewel thief idea.

Perhaps all maps have a chance of spawning a random jewel theif (recoloured bandit for ease on behalf of devs) and then you kill and may be chance of dropping any damaged jewel.

The thief spawn should be uncommon (not rare, not common, just inbetween) and maps should be fixed to only allow 1 Thief per map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

I like the idea of the "Jewel thief" but I don't think that you should be required to pay 5k gold to have a chance at looting a cracked/damaged jewel and definitely not Planar essence and my reason is this; Planar Tombs is already a reasonably popular map alongside Rengol, Arena and Tindirin. Planar essence is the key ingredient in making a variety of things already from cleansing essence to craft the Planar Pendant and crafting Planar fragments (which in turn are used to make Planorite Ingots, Egg shell pieces etc). What about the Jewel Thief appearing on maps randomly and areas change and rotate daily/weekly to encourage players to re-explore maps that they wouldn't normally...Dead City, Nordr, Shuyal etc but what about if rather than a portal the jewel thief was more like the little leprechaun that appears for St Patricks day (that had a chance to drop vanities), no portals, no way to exploit, just kill him and have the chance to be lucky to receive perhaps a damaged/weak jewel. Perhaps STS could even give out clues as to which area the "Jewel Theif" could be found that day/week? Although now we have Jewel chests arriving in store next week the issue of jewel drops and prices will hopefully resolve.