Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change Arcane Deary's name before too late!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Exclamation Change Arcane Deary's name before too late!

There'll be a lot of drama because of this, too many newbies/inexperienced people on Arlor, I just saw somebody bought a normal deary egg for 500k !
    Please change its name before too late really, soon this will be new lunar pendant/lepre fraud scheme.

Arlor in a little village called tindrin elites
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Areef View Post
    There'll be a lot of drama because of this, too many newbies/inexperienced people on Arlor, I just saw somebody bought a normal deary egg for 500k !
    Please change its name before too late really, soon this will be new lunar pendant/lepre fraud scheme.
    There fault for buying it cheap that's why they have like 3 times to confirm what there about to trade
    Stay cool🌊🌊🌊💨💨 Caveman spongebob meme

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oekeone View Post
    There fault for buying it cheap that's why they have like 3 times to confirm what there about to trade
    You cannot blame inexperienced people falling into this, even experienced players can fall too,
    While this can easily be prevented just changing its name anything else (e.g. Arcane fairy etc.) Arcane deary is really very unfortunate name!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Arcane deary egg would be red in color so I do not see how lunar/lepre type scam fits in here.
    But I do agree that STS should avoid all instances of similar name & similar color (para/elon gem) type of items.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bonjovi3223 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

You cannot blame inexperienced people falling into this, even experienced players can fall too,
    While this can easily be prevented just changing its name anything else (e.g. Arcane fairy etc.) Arcane deary is really very unfortunate name!
    Most inexperienced players dont have 500k......

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to -no For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Change Arcane Deary's name before its too late
    Flaming Red Unicorn!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Kracken Mines Three Locks looted: 092 Ren'gol crates Luck lix used: 10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

the only way to truly know that whether this person buys that deary for 500k or not is when he buys it from you or you are that somebody who bought the deary XD. Also this situation is more prevalent in jewels where some people list price of weak jewels at the price of standard jewels or something similar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Changing the name from Arcane Deary would defeat the entire point of the pet. They made it because it has been a running joke for the last 2 1/2 years.

If someone buys a normal deary thinking it's an arcane one, that means they don't know that an arcane item is red in colour. Someone that new wouldn't be able to afford it in any case. Either way if they don't read the name on the item they are buying, that is their problem.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Changing the name from Arcane Deary would defeat the entire point of the pet. They made it because it has been a running joke for the last 2 1/2 years.

If someone buys a normal deary thinking it's an arcane one, that means they don't know that an arcane item is red in colour. Someone that new wouldn't be able to afford it in any case. Either way if they don't read the name on the item they are buying, that is their problem.
    You can be new and wealthy. Everything regarding wealth revolves around luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Platfarmer View Post
    the only way to truly know that whether this person buys that deary for 500k or not is when he buys it from you or you are that somebody who bought the deary XD. Also this situation is more prevalent in jewels where some people list price of weak jewels at the price of standard jewels or something similar
    Thank you for implies but I'm afraid Aristo logic doesn't seem to be worked at this time,
    Just spend some time in Garetta / Paradise Pier and you will see wails in chat window , additionally if you can spare some time you can track normal deary eggs at CS.
    Today spotted one more sold away for 90k (they were added less then 12 hrs, possibiliy of listing cancellation doesn't make sense to me.)

But, remembering from my own newbie times, I say opposite
    when you just start playing this game you see all shiny goodies for plat. first time makes you feel like a boy scout visiting theme park ,
    thus newcomers make better spenders.
    just remembering from myself, "Look at this big warrior, yes yes I should definitely be a warrior, he must be OP over all classes, ..oh no I am died , yes let me revive please for 1 plat (in brackenridge ) hmm why I am so weak, I need better weapons, yes weapon chest for 10 plats OMG look how it glows blue (epic item) ..lucky me! that must be OP weapon as they are sold for real money, let me buy armor chest too,starters chest, wow cool give me..wow a lion! sure I want lion I'm gonna be king of this game wow how it roars bravely, now I can kill this boss with this lion (rook nest)..(dies)...hmm..I need better items..I wonder what they could be selling in this CS..afterwards, "hmm, why they sell my OP goodies in CS so cheap?, they must be newbies! hehe..they have no idea how cheap they sell them! hmm I need more golds, let me exchange for plats.." LOL
    Last edited by Areef; 01-24-2016 at 04:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Thank you for implies but I'm afraid Aristo logic doesn't seem to be worked at this time,
    Just spend some time in Garetta / Paradise Pier and you will see wails in chat window , additionally if you can spare some time you can track normal deary eggs at CS.
    Today spotted one more sold away for 90k (they were added less then 12 hrs, possibiliy of listing cancellation doesn't make sense to me.)

when you just start playing this game you see all shiny goodies for plat. first time makes you feel like a boy scout visiting theme park ,
    just remembering from myself, "Look at this big warrior, yes yes I should definitely be a warrior, he must be OP over all classes, ..oh no I am died , yes let me revive please for 1 plat (in brackenridge ) hmm why I am so weak, I need better weapons, yes weapon chest for 10 plats OMG look how it glows blue (epic item) ..lucky me! that must be OP weapon as they are sold for real money, let me buy armor chest too,starters chest, wow cool give me..wow a lion! sure I want lion I'm gonna be king of this game wow how it roars bravely, now I can kill this boss with this lion (rook nest)..(dies)...hmm..I need better items..I wonder what they could be selling in this CS..afterwards, "hmm, why they sell my OP goodies in CS so cheap?, they must be newbies! hehe..they have no idea how cheap they sell them! hmm I need more golds, let me exchange for plats.." LOL
    Well, nobody seem to support you because you cant give a convincing argument, you know what would be more convincing? this

"I just bought a normal deary with all my gold! Someone listed it for 500k but it confused me to think it is arcane so i bought it! booo hooo sts, please fix the name"

u say aristo logic doesnt apply, then you dont need to make sense of the possibility of listing cancellation because aristo logic doesnt apply look how your words get back on u? if you want me to make sense of it for you, i can, that joker listed for 90k thinking he will sell it but he looted a lock and didnt have enough auction space so instead of fantasising about selling the 90k deary, why not sell the lock before the price of lock drops further?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

That has nothing to do with anything I said, or the topic of the thread.

If you know enough to be shopping for an arcane pet, you're not still in Brackenridge reviving for one plat and buying gear packs from the store. If you've been in game long enough to make 500k, you know how to use the CS to see how much an item is worth. Why? Because you can't make 500k without using the CS to figure out how much to sell your stuff for. Even if it's just crates. If something is 6million in the cs and someone says they will sell it to you for 500k, it's obviously wrong.

In any case, the name of the pet is "Arcane Deary". If the name had been made "Deary" with only the colour to distinguish it as Arcane, this thread would be legit. The fact that both the name and the colour are different means that anyone can easily tell the difference. It's not even remotely close, like blinky / blight.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Platfarmer View Post
    Well, nobody seem to support you because you cant give a convincing argument, you know what would be more convincing? this

"I just bought a normal deary with all my gold! Someone listed it for 500k but it confused me to think it is arcane so i bought it! booo hooo sts, please fix the name"

u say aristo logic doesnt apply, then you dont need to make sense of the possibility of listing cancellation because aristo logic doesnt apply look how your words get back on u? if you want me to make sense of it for you, i can, that joker listed for 90k thinking he will sell it but he looted a lock and didnt have enough auction space so instead of fantasising about selling the 90k deary, why not sell the lock before the price of lock drops further?

If you know enough to be shopping for an arcane pet, you're not still in Brackenridge reviving for one plat and buying gear packs from the store. If you've been in game long enough to make 500k, you know how to use the CS to see how much an item is worth. Why? Because you can't make 500k without using the CS to figure out how much to sell your stuff for. Even if it's just crates. If something is 6million in the cs and someone says they will sell it to you for 500k, it's obviously wrong.

In any case, the name of the pet is "Arcane Deary". If the name had been made "Deary" with only the colour to distinguish it as Arcane, this thread would be legit. The fact that both the name and the colour are different means that anyone can easily tell the difference. It's not even remotely close, like blinky / blight.

while u can make 500k with 500 plats (auto exchange feature) and even game endorses you to do that many times ,
    I am not going to extend this thread with replies anymore as it seems to provide no use neither to readers nor to community but just getting to be a personal debate which can be concluded in private messaging instead.

Seems community thinks these eggs having very high likeness on names, is no harm, then it's my mistake to start this thread to warn community about possible consequences.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

while u can make 500k with 500 plats (auto exchange feature) and even game endorses you to do that many times ,
    I am not going to extend this thread with replies anymore as it seems to provide no use neither to readers nor to community but just getting to be a personal debate which can be concluded in private messaging instead.

Seems community thinks these eggs having very high likeness on names, is no harm, then it's my mistake to start this thread to warn community about possible consequences.
    Ur thinking too much, its not like the name of the arcane deary is deary, its "Arcane Deary" so i dont think that is really a problem, there are more names that look similar and of the same rarity than Arcane Deary and Deary, so no worries on that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Agreed...I think if anyone is getting these two pets confused they are cleary not checking the trade window properly, I think the fact that the arcane version is red and called "Arcane Deary" kind of distinguishes the two different eggs enough and as previously stated changing Arcane Dearys name defeats the entire purpose of its existence lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

No, if all 500k-6m items were bought and it was in cs 6m as lack of supply and someone said I'll sell 500k "obviously wrong".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

500k for a regular deary?

That person has to be feeling like this:
    Name:  mistake.JPEG
Views: 301
Size:  91.9 KB
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 01-25-2016 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Meant regular deary

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Rename it to "Easy Money"
    Inactive

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Endkey 2.0 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Yeah................................
    Name:  touche.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  28.9 KB

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ascents View Post
    You can be new and wealthy. Everything regarding wealth revolves around luck.
    You can be experienced and get scammed by buddies... right ascents?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk