I'm using the iPhone 4 on firmware 4.3.1 (maybe using this is the issue?). I find that playing Pocket Legends throughout the day, checking the free Platinum. Hitting the home button to take a rest, opening back up from the multitasking bar. After a certain amount of time, I'll notice the free memory really low if I had downloaded a free app to get the free plat. I've noticed that the low memory does actually make the app quit itself. I could quit all the apps. I have an app that shows the free RAM available and it has a free RAM feature. When pocket legends starts to quit itself, I can see that the amount of free ram is around 50MB. I know if I try to free the RAM now, it normally restarts/resprings my phone and then I get the RAM back to be able to play again. Normally, the free ram button on the app does free more RAM for me without restarting/respringing my phone.

Pocket legends runs fine if I reboot the phone first before playing but I have noticed after getting hooked on this game, I have to reboot almost once every day in order to free the memory to stop the app quitting after a while.

Never had to do this before. I'm guessing it's pocket Legends. Could this be looked into. I normally check the free platinum quiet often so I know that opens the app store and I think the page that shows the apps to download uses part of the safari browser as it has one time opened in safari.

Another thing is that sometimes, when playing, I get a phone call, the screen comes up with answer or decline and you get the photo cover the whole screen (PL has now been put into background which I know if it stays too long there, I will be disconnected from the server). I'd normally click the answer call, double click the home button to see the multitasking bar, hit the PL app to make that the active app whilst still being in the call and not being disconnected from the server but the whole process may take around 10 seconds to do all the steps. The bug I'd like to report is that the sound sometimes glitches where not everything is coming through. It's happened maybe 10 - 20 % of the time after a phone call. Only closing the app fully fixes the sound. This could be a PL issue or iOS issue.