Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I the only one who is bothered by this?...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex_addict View Post
    Always bare in mind Meli people control price, unfortunately all the time that there are people are willing to pay that much for an item, sellers will continue to market it at that, if people do not buy and the sellers want to get rid then they have no choice but to lower their price. These vanities are always going to cost more due to the limited availability and price of anything is generally determined by supply and demand (Look how much locked price fluctuates when an event is on for example). Yes it is annoying when you really want something and you feel it is way overpriced, all you can do is hold out and hope it drops again or risk the price going even higher :/ As for the term "fixed" I always thought this meant that a seller has no interest in bargaining on a price etc, that's what they are selling it at take it or leave it lol.
    The thing is that I usually buy it, wear it for a while and then sell it. But when there are such big differences I might end up finding myself either losing 2-1m gold or the opposite- making 1-2m profit. This situation just makes it uncomfortable because it changes so much in a small period of time and you can never predict it.
    ~ Melificentt/Adthse ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

basic principles of demand and supply. High demand and low supply, prices will sky rocket. Only thing to make the prices drop is the release of the said vanities again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is the way it goes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Once the mercs got involved, the prices skyrocketed as the OP suggested. Rogue Arlor caps, Red and Green, were 2 mil maybe before the Cake "event". I agree with the OP. Now if you want anything it's so overpriced, reminds me of the day I paid 27.5 mil for Samael.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graovans View Post
    Recently I've noticed that the prices of rare vanities have been skyrocketing (I'm talking about arlor vanities, halloween 2014 vanities, etc.). For instance: I bought medusa vest for 2m a mounth ago and now I see people saying :"Selling medusa vest 3.5m FIXED." I was thinking:"How is that a fixed price?" Then I figured this is the legit price nowdays just because people who are not familiar with the normal prices buy it overpriced. This just makes me really mad because it just ruins the vanity market... And even if the vanities will return to the original prices it might take some time, just because people are too impatient to wait for a legit offer. Any opinions?
    Lol graovans u dont get it that the medusa set and some other vanitys wont return !? Ofc it goes higher -.-

Gesendet von meinem P024 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i just dont pay more than 100 k for items tht dont improve my stats :P thts my opinion!