Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who is bothered by this?...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default Am I the only one who is bothered by this?...

Recently I've noticed that the prices of rare vanities have been skyrocketing (I'm talking about arlor vanities, halloween 2014 vanities, etc.). For instance: I bought medusa vest for 2m a mounth ago and now I see people saying :"Selling medusa vest 3.5m FIXED." I was thinking:"How is that a fixed price?" Then I figured this is the legit price nowdays just because people who are not familiar with the normal prices buy it overpriced. This just makes me really mad because it just ruins the vanity market... And even if the vanities will return to the original prices it might take some time, just because people are too impatient to wait for a legit offer. Any opinions?
    ~ Melificentt/Adthse ~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Graovans For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    <_<

Notthing to say besides inflation is because of way too many locks being popped and money going from one side of the game to another, this leads to people who have enough money to hoard and then manipulate the prices of some limited items :P

Go buy your Medusa set unless a gold sink is added to game I'm pretty sure its only going to go up in price.
    At the moment people would only offer it overpriced, that's why I don't buy it.
    ~ Melificentt/Adthse ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earlingstad View Post
    I think those vintage vanities and event-special vanities are extremely rare collector items which should be priced even higher. Just a personal opinion, being a collector I am willing to pay that much for those exclusive items just because unique creations which are rare are priceless and coveted.
    I get your point, but I mean, it's not that I want green arlor to be 500k. It's exclusive and it needs to be more expensive than most of the vanities as it is now. The thing is- people who accept it overpriced without checking what is the legit price not only ruin for themselves but for everyone.
    ~ Melificentt/Adthse ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

What is the normal price? Maybe it's 2m like u think, maybe 1m, why not 3.5m . If u think it's overprice, just dont buy it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emkochiu View Post
    What is the normal price? Maybe it's 2m like u think, maybe 1m, why not 3.5m . If u think it's overprice, just dont buy it.
    2-2.5m has been the normal price for a long time. Same goes with other vanity items: green arlor cap was around 3m now it's 4m, green arlor vest was around 2.5m now it's 3.5m. I've been watching the prices closely for a few months now so I know what I'm saying. And no, I'm not going to buy it overpriced, the fact that other people do it ruin it all.
    ~ Melificentt/Adthse ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Really weird. For us tanks our Arlor price went down, before the cap was around 2-3m now its around 1.5m the vest was 1-1.5m now it's around 700k-1m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post

Go buy your Medusa set unless a gold sink is added to game I'm pretty sure its only going to go up in price.
    Sell gold sink!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Nothing weird here if u look at class balance. People are leaving their warrs and make rogue toons. Look how much rogues with 20-40k PVE kills have full mythic-arcane gear+pets. Thus amount of playing PVE is enough to get u to lvl 46 but NO WAY u can make so much gold in this time limit. It's obvious that reason behind cheap war vanities is swapped classes.

... meanwhile rogue ice spirit set tanked from 10m to 25m in 2months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    Nothing weird here if u look at class balance. People are leaving their warrs and make rogue toons. Look how much rogues with 20-40k PVE kills have full mythic-arcane gear+pets. Thus amount of playing PVE is enough to get u to lvl 46 but NO WAY u can make so much gold in this time limit. It's obvious that reason behind cheap war vanities is swapped classes.

... meanwhile rogue ice spirit set tanked from 10m to 25m in 2months
    I know some hoardes who manipulated with the price of ice spirit sets. Well it's legit and we can not complain about that just take it like it is

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

The price is always what the market will bear. Dont buy it price is too high. The market will always be what it is.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Putting "Fixed" at the end of your merch spam just means you're unwilling to negotiate and don't care if people buy it or not. If I see "Fixed", I generally assume the person is pricing way above the actual value of the item.

It's the people who add "Rush" at the end that are really annoying. Like anyone will actually hurry to buy because someone's in a rush to sell. These people are also usually over-pricing their goods.

However, both techniques make people think twice about buying, or send them to the CS to see what's up.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Putting "Fixed" at the end of your merch spam just means you're unwilling to negotiate and don't care if people buy it or not. If I see "Fixed", I generally assume the person is pricing way above the actual value of the item.

It's the people who add "Rush" at the end that are really annoying. Like anyone will actually hurry to buy because someone's in a rush to sell. These people are also usually over-pricing their goods.

However, both techniques make people think twice about buying, or send them to the CS to see what's up.
    Actually I've found that fixed ppl are more honest then rush ppl. Rushers are usually the ones over-pricing & looking for scapegoats.
    When I was trying to sell a drag bar/bow/gun, the amount of pathetically pathetic offers I would get was really shocking & thats why ppl quote a price & say fixed so as not to be disturbed by such fools.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graovans View Post
    Recently I've noticed that the prices of rare vanities have been skyrocketing (I'm talking about arlor vanities, halloween 2014 vanities, etc.). For instance: I bought medusa vest for 2m a mounth ago and now I see people saying :"Selling medusa vest 3.5m FIXED." I was thinking:"How is that a fixed price?" Then I figured this is the legit price nowdays just because people who are not familiar with the normal prices buy it overpriced. This just makes me really mad because it just ruins the vanity market... And even if the vanities will return to the original prices it might take some time, just because people are too impatient to wait for a legit offer. Any opinions?
    Erm, in the past i spent 10m on green arlor set and now its 6-7m (look at this thread http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Fest-Cap-Roque the cap was 7m, now u can buy the whole set for that price) so stuff like prices changing are inevitable, i suggest if you really like the vanity, just ignore the price unless you are really in need of cash, there will always be a good time to sell your vanity and a good time to buy them back but i find that really tiring so i rather keep them to myself
    Last edited by Potato is me; 01-24-2016 at 02:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melberly View Post
    Erm, in the past i spent 10m on green arlor set and now its 6-7m (look at this thread http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Fest-Cap-Roque the cap was 7m, now u can buy the whole set for that price) so stuff like prices changing are inevitable, i suggest if you really like the vanity, just ignore the price unless you are really in need of cash, there will always be a good time to sell your vanity and a good time to buy them back but i find that really tiring so i rather keep them to myself
    Yes, I know that those vanities used to be a lot more expensive before. But you must not forget that al's economy is not going to come back to what it used to be (reminder: everything was overpriced) . Therefore, I find 2-3.5m a legit price for most rare vanity pieces.
    ~ Melificentt/Adthse ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post

Really? I might be wrong, but when I see the word "fixed" I assume that the price is "normal", which means the seller is not a merchant nor trying to get rid of the item quickly. Just an average price.
    ~ Melificentt/Adthse ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

When i see fixed i assume its overpriced, unless i already know the price history. There are lots if things i dont buy because its over what i want to spend.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i guess prices change so fast sometimes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

There is no normal price in a economy like this. Thats just the price it once was.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah sometimes it happens man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graovans View Post

Always bare in mind Meli people control price, unfortunately all the time that there are people are willing to pay that much for an item, sellers will continue to market it at that, if people do not buy and the sellers want to get rid then they have no choice but to lower their price. These vanities are always going to cost more due to the limited availability and price of anything is generally determined by supply and demand (Look how much locked price fluctuates when an event is on for example). Yes it is annoying when you really want something and you feel it is way overpriced, all you can do is hold out and hope it drops again or risk the price going even higher :/ As for the term "fixed" I always thought this meant that a seller has no interest in bargaining on a price etc, that's what they are selling it at take it or leave it lol.