Thread: [Guide] Getting the best out of KM3

Kracken Mines Three Locks looted: 092 Ren'gol crates Luck lix used: 10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default [Guide] Getting the best out of KM3

Hi guys, this will not be a detailed guide on how to run km3 but just an upgrade to your already experienced knowledge of km3 farming.
    If you are new and need detailed info, look at Avickk's guide here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-3-for-dummies he has done a very good job in giving all the major details, my guide is more of a correction to many people's bad habits.

Also this guide is only useful if u have a mage in pt AND I'm not saying my timing is OP or anything but it is definitely faster than most runs I did when I used rogue or warr even with a decent 2 mage party

The main purpose of this guide is to change some perception of how ppl usually runs km3 in the past because now your items are upgraded and u can forsake doing certain things that u usually do in the past which a lot of people are still doing. And also additional tips that i realised some seasoned player doesnt even know

So what do i mean by getting the best out of km3?
    1. Using maximum luck gear / speed pet
    2. Spending the minimun time in a map
    3. dealing with laggy players

By speeding up your farm, u can run more rounds per lix, if you are able to hit 1 min per run, u get 30 runs per lix, compared to the usually 1 min 30 sec or more most pugs get which is 20 runs per lix, its like running 3 runs with the timing of your previous 2 runs and in ideal condition, u will be running 10 runs more with a lix, more runs more locks (assuming luck is the constant)

My concept of lock farm revolves around just 1 rule, every second counts and this guide is how u can make it happen

1. Using maximum luck gear/ speed pet
    im now going to show you my stats for all my km3 runs
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-01-24 at 12.16.31 pm.png
Views: 2191
Size:  694.4 KB

this is not the best stats a mage can get most gears are not gemmed too, i was using legendary gun before this and trust me, IT DOESNT AFFECT THE TIMING MUCH. Because the mobs are easy to kill. of course glint gun does give certain advantage that i will explain later.

So, the pendant and ring are all luck type, Leprechaun/Jack + Arlor ring. do not worry that your stats will suffer because you dont need much stats in the first place, maybe just try to boost your damage a little and you will be fine.

Also if you are a mage, speed pet is highly recommended as u want to be the first to reach the end, any pets around 10% speed is good.

2. Spemding minimum time in a map

Let me show u how i always do it with this video [note: this part is for mages]

(Footage is purely PUG, yes, you can get this timing in PUGs and even better timings like 1 min to 1 min 7s with a good pt)
    DISCLAIMER: Timing is calculated at point when you kill the last boss, +1 sec to exit map through the main menu

So as you can see, i do not stop or turn back at all, maybe a little at the start after my first gale to adjust my fire ball's target.
    Because gale and and fireball (charged) can somewhat clear the mobs or stun them for the people at the back to clear. Many mages will turn back around the center where most mobs spawns, it is not necessary and you are wasting time

So what you really need is to get 2 mages if possible to the end asap, clear the mobs for the two bosses to spawn and gang those bosses up asap.

Recommended team set up : 2 gale mages 1 rogue and 1 any class ( even warriors are welcomed)

If u cant find 2 gale mages, 1 is fine, just make sure he gets to the left side of the end asap. So this is everything i have to say for the run

PART 2 of Spending minimum time in map ( Spending minimum time to GET OUT of map)

As u already know, my mindset is that every second counts, even after u rerolled and got all your locks, its not the end until your lix ends

So i am surprised to find out that many people doesnt know this, HOW TO EXIT THE MAP

NOTE: Of course the first time u step into the mine, u will need to exit through the door at the end, but subsequent times as long as u do not go to town, u can do this

and poof, you are back at the entrance instead of wasting 3 seconds or so to walk to that door. So that is all i have to say about this, do not waste unnecessary time!!!

3. Dealing with laggy players

You have a friend who has bad ping who is always late to join the map and doesnt listen when u ask him to join directly from the mine, what do u do?!! Well u cant solve his lag problem, but u can go with the flow of his lag. (This will save u some lix but inapplicable for klass/shazbox lix)

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-01-24 at 12.47.11 pm.png
Views: 2108
Size:  1.56 MB

see that red mark beside the tranquil's name ? it means he is either browsing something or he is still loading into the map. So, if u have a friend who always lags, after exiting the map, wait for 3 sec, if he exits into the same entrance as you, wait for his red circle to disappear before entering the mine. if he did not enter the same map as you after 3 sec, check your pt log, if hes still in the previous mine, enter the mine and invite him into pt, if it says character not found, im sorry, you will have to skip him for this round.

So this is what i have to share about my km3 experience, please feel free to share if there are any better ways to decrease the timing of the run other than changing arlor ring into arc ring. GL and Happy Mining!

Updated, video of 5 km3 runs in a row

1st run: 1m 15
    2nd : 1m 10
    3rd : 1m 22
    4th : 1m 23
    5th : 1m 13

This is when I ran with some problems with my controls(unable to pot and move well) and graphic jumps, its a 4 year old macbook XD So u guys with good devices can definitely do better!
    Last edited by Platfarmer; 01-24-2016 at 05:43 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Platfarmer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Platfarmer View Post
    Hi guys, this will not be a detailed guide on how to run km3 but just an upgrade to your already experienced knowledge of km3 farming.
    If you are new and need detailed info, look at Avickk's guide here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-3-for-dummies he has done a very good job in giving all the major details, my guide is more of a correction to many people's bad habits.

Also this guide is only useful if u have a mage in pt AND I'm not saying my timing is OP or anything but it is definitely faster than most runs I did when I used rogue or warr even with a decent 2 mage party

The main purpose of this guide is to change some perception of how ppl usually runs km3 in the past because now your items are upgraded and u can forsake doing certain things that u usually do in the past which a lot of people are still doing. And also additional tips that i realised some seasoned player doesnt even know

So what do i mean by getting the best out of km3?
    1. Using maximum luck gear / speed pet
    2. Spending the minimun time in a map
    3. dealing with laggy players

My concept of lock farm revolves around just 1 rule, every second counts and this guide is how u can make it happen

1. Using maximum luck gear/ speed pet
    im now going to show you my stats for all my km3 runs
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-01-24 at 12.16.31 pm.png
Views: 2191
Size:  694.4 KB

this is not the best stats a mage can get most gears are not gemmed too, i was using legendary gun before this and trust me, IT DOESNT AFFECT THE TIMING MUCH. Because the mobs are easy to kill. of course glint gun does give certain advantage that i will explain later.

So, the pendant and ring are all luck type, Leprechaun/Jack + Arlor ring. do not worry that your stats will suffer because you dont need much stats in the first place, maybe just try to boost your damage a little and you will be fine.

Also if you are a mage, speed pet is highly recommended as u want to be the first to reach the end, any pets around 10% speed is good.

2. Spemding minimum time in a map

Let me show u how i always do it with this video [note: this part is for mages]

(Footage is purely PUG, yes, you can get this timing in PUGs and even better timings like 1 min to 1 min 7s with a good pt)

So as you can see, i do not stop or turn back at all, maybe a little at the start after my first gale to adjust my fire ball's target.
    Because gale and and fireball (charged) can somewhat clear the mobs or stun them for the people at the back to clear.

So what you really need is to get 2 mages if possible to the end asap, clear the mobs for the two bosses to spawn and gang those bosses up asap.

Recommended team set up : 2 gale mages 1 rogue and 1 any class ( even warriors are welcomed)

If u cant find 2 gale mages, 1 is fine, just make sure he gets to the left side of the end asap. So this is everything i have to say for the run

PART 2 of Spending minimum time in map ( Spending minimum time to GET OUT of map)

As u already know, my mindset is that every second counts, even after u rerolled and got all your locks, its not the end until your lix ends

So i am surprised to find out that many people doesnt know this, HOW TO EXIT THE MAP

NOTE: Of course the first time u step into the mine, u will need to exit through the door at the end, but subsequent times as long as u do not go to town, u can do this

and poof, you are back at the entrance instead of wasting 3 seconds or so to walk to that door. So that is all i have to say about this, do not waste unnecessary time!!!

3. Dealing with laggy players

You have a friend who has bad ping who is always late to join the map and doesnt listen when u ask him to join directly from the mine, what do u do?!! Well u cant solve his lag problem, but u can go with the flow of his lag. (This will save u some lix but inapplicable for klass/shazbox lix)

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-01-24 at 12.47.11 pm.png
Views: 2108
Size:  1.56 MB

see that red mark beside the tranquil's name ? it means he is either browsing something or he is still loading into the map. So, if u have a friend who always lags, after exiting the map, wait for 3 sec, if he exits into the same entrance as you, wait for his red circle to disappear before entering the mine. if he did not enter the same map as you after 3 sec, check your pt log, if hes still in the previous mine, enter the mine and invite him into pt, if it says character not found, im sorry, you will have to skip him for this round.

So this is what i have to share about my km3 experience, please feel free to share if there are any better ways to decrease the timing of the run other than changing arlor ring into arc ring. GL and Happy Mining!
    Platfarmer shouldn't this be in the guide section not the general discussion?
    <Epitome of Silentkill >

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wangkj For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wangkj View Post
    Platfarmer shouldn't this be in the guide section not the general discussion?
    Guide threads can only be moved to guide section through a mod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

PM Seo, ask him (politely) to move it to the guides section

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    PM Seo, ask him (politely) to move it to the guides section
    I have already reported this thread and state the reason to move it to guide forum, it is the standard procedure, thanks for all your concerns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Average pug runs are 2mins or more.
    1:30 pug runs means you were lucky with good pugs which in most cases dosen't happen.
    Efficient pug runs is highly dependent on who/what kind of ppl are running at that particular time. There are actually timezones for super leeches. ...believe me on this, It is a tested & proven fact.
    Every time I wanna pop an elix, I just do about 5 non-elix test runs to get a feel of the crowd first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    1:30 pug runs means you were lucky with good pugs which in most cases dosen't happen.
    Efficient pug runs is highly dependent on who/what kind of ppl are running at that particular time. There are actually timezones for super leeches. ...believe me on this, It is a tested & proven fact.
    Every time I wanna pop an elix, I just do about 5 non-elix test runs to get a feel of the crowd first.
    please try my method and see how it works out for you, i have been running km3 a lot in pt and pug, unless it is a full warrior or a really bad screw up, 1:30- 1:40 isnt a problem, also, the video was done on first try (i've got to say, thats a pretty lucky pt tho) keep in mind that although u should get to the end point asap, u must also try to stun/clear some mobs for the back to have an easier time
    Last edited by Platfarmer; 01-24-2016 at 04:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Platfarmer View Post
    please try my method and see how it works out for you, i have been running km3 a lot in pt and pug, unless it is a full warrior or a really bad screw up, 1:30- 1:40 isnt a problem, also, the video was done on first try (i've got to say, thats a pretty lucky pt tho) keep in mind that although u should get to the end point asap, u must also try to stun/clear some mobs for the back to have an easier time
    Your methods are perfect bro. It Is actually what I apply also when running with my toons, though I usually prefer km3 with my mage only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Your methods are perfect bro. It Is actually what I apply also when running with my toons, though I usually prefer km3 with my mage only.
    i have just made a video on 5 runs to show the average, hope this can give people a clearer view on how to run. I understand how u feel, but it is inevitable to get a pt so i will do pugs

Last edited by Platfarmer; 01-24-2016 at 05:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Great guide, keep up the good work especially the exit technique :P.
    running with pugs is bad, I prefer running with a pt especially mages :P
    In the internet, you can be Whoever you want, I wonder why some people choose to become idiots...
    Intous - High Society

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Intous View Post
    Great guide, keep up the good work especially the exit technique :P.
    running with pugs is bad, I prefer running with a pt especially mages :P
    Yes, i have started playing km3 in different timings then my usual after this post :
    And true enough i have experienced this, however i cannot give the actual statistics and timing yet because i did not do enough tests to confirm it. That being said, i have devised another method to curb this problem, i will note down those names of players that does not do well in the maps and so when i join the map with them, if lets say the other party members doesnt look decent enough i will start the map and leave it, although this is not a responsible thing to do but sometimes ew have to be selfish. Ty for the input

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great post love it bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Appreciate the thread man!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Biasayte View Post
    Great post love it bro
    Thanks for the support bro

Quote Originally Posted by Redjellydonut View Post
    Appreciate the thread man!
    Yw, i will continue to update if I find any better way to increase the timing, currently testing on another strategy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

good job bro keep it up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice guide keep it up!

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Bravo!! Great guide!

Drinking coffee...for your protection!

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I suggest you wear lepre and arlor ring when u pull all three bosses. More kill= better luck =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Wow I'm surprised to find a lot of things here I didn't know! TY!!! 😎