Thread: Elixers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Elixers

Okay so I have a question an a concern, how long do Elixers stay on your character's after you log off, I ask this because I bought a 2x everything one for 30 min logged off with 21 min left come back enter a dungeon an no elixer. My concern is why wouldn't these(Elixers) that I spend money on not let me use off my full time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Elix time is always real-world time. So, for example, if you buy a 30min elix at 4pm, its effects will stop at 4.30pm. It doesn't matter if you log off, get disconnected...

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

its bugged, if u log off 2 times its gone, i tested

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

No no... if u are in a map with mobs it activates, if u go to a village map like forest haven, it pauses the effect, so let's say you need a break from grinding but still have time left on your pot, just head over to FH and then it shuts off, if you finish a map and leave it, the effects will continue to count down until you go to a village/town, hope that helps. BTW 4x pots suck, don't waste your plat, dumpster punch or any of the other combos are way better. 4x is good if everyone else is using combo pots.

Mob maps trigger the "on" pot effect, and a town puts em on pause. What probably happend with the both of you was, you fought some mobs, left the map, went to the character select screen and logged off. In that case, your pots were still running. Before you log off make sure to enter a town and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by Orcish; 06-24-2011 at 03:59 AM.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    Are you sure it "pauses"?I know it doesn't "display" while you're in towne but, from what I understand, it still continues to countdown.(/me not much of an elixir user)
    Positive, I still have mine after a few hours of sleep. If it comes down to it, I should be able to make a video.
    Last edited by Orcish; 06-24-2011 at 03:57 AM.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

According to patch notes, elixers are real world time only. It doesn't matter if you go to town, log out, get booted from the server or w/e. What you get is 5, 30, or 60 minutes-real world time.