Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends Poised For Limited Android Beta on Verizon V CAST

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    But I did reserve my character name already on my Android My Touch 4g from T-mobile. Not only is it not Verizon, but I don't own the name in PL that I want (My reserve will likely not be used for a main in SL) and was going to grab it on release. Now I must get into the beta to be able to do this. What if I don't?
    So, you're trying to snatch the name that someone else has before they can get it? I'm sorry, but I find that more than a bit hypocritical.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    So, you're trying to snatch the name that someone else has before they can get it? I'm sorry, but I find that more than a bit hypocritical.
    How is it hypocritical to want to grab a name that is inactive when the STS reserve system does not allow it? I'm just doing the only possible thing: First come first serve. But those in the beta don't get to come first. I have not seen the character walking around, nor in anybody's Sig. Just attempting to do the only thing left to me, you know?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 06-24-2011 at 04:56 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    How is it hypocritical to want to grab a name that is inactive when the STS reserve system does not allow it? I'm just doing the only possible thing: First come first serve. But those in the beta don't get to come first. I have not seen the character walking around, nor in anybody's Sig.
    You don't know for certain that the name you want is inactive. The reason the name you want isn't available, is either (1) it's been removed from availability as a bad name (in which case it won't be available in Star Legends either) or (2) someone else has that name.

While you haven't seen someone with that name running around in game, doesn't mean that they aren't planning to play Star Legends and hoping to use the name that you are planning to log in and grab before they do - exactly the issue that people raised when names first came up.