Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends Poised For Limited Android Beta on Verizon V CAST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Bronislav,

If reserving your name is something that has value to you, you can purchase a name reservation. More details located here. Otherwise it is a Free-to-Play game and first come will be first served. If you have a friend with an Android Device that is capable of accessing the Limited Beta, then you could borrow it for a few minutes, download the game, log in with your same account credentials you use to log into Pocket Legends (your Spacetime Account) and create a character with the name you want.
    But I did reserve my character name already on my Android My Touch 4g from T-mobile. Not only is it not Verizon, but I don't own the name in PL that I want (My reserve will likely not be used for a main in SL) and was going to grab it on release. Now I must get into the beta to be able to do this. What if I don't?

My post was an attempt to point out that people who simply don't have access to the beta in any way and refuse to spend 50p (But may have spent hundreds on other items) are left out of this. Basically "screwed over" completely by STS.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #42
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexjp View Post
    Ye thats another drawback to just giving beta to jsut android
    It's not really a matter of what platform we choose to give the beta to, but what platform we are allowed to host the beta on. Apple will not allow us to host a limited access beta on their App Store.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    But I did reserve my character name already on my Android My Touch 4g from T-mobile. Not only is it not Verizon, but I don't own the name in PL that I want (My reserve will likely not be used for a main in SL) and was going to grab it on release. Now I must get into the beta to be able to do this. What if I don't?
    So, you're trying to snatch the name that someone else has before they can get it? I'm sorry, but I find that more than a bit hypocritical.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Ok I'm done standing up for the common person.

Right, question. Are you guys going to announce the beta key give aways on Facebook as well as the main site?

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i know i know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

It's not really a matter of what platform we choose to give the beta to, but what platform we are allowed to host the beta on. Apple will not allow us to host a limited access beta on their App Store.
    Can you explain the need for the beta? Pl went through the apple process without a droid beta. Has something changed in the application approval process in the last year? Because this looks and feels like an exclusivity offer like when a game is only available on the xbox for x amount of time and then gets rolled to other platforms.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexjp View Post
    Ok I'm not tryin to be mean or anything ,but when pl came out I can prob tell you that like almost every single android user had no idea of pl was comming out. Also, I believe I saw a while ago it took like 6 months for them to make for android. You are goin to tell me you waited 6 months for this video game?Now every single player who is playing pl knows about sl that's why iOS ppl are complaining it's not spacetimes fault for not being able to give it to iOS too I'm sure they would be happy too.
    I like every other android user waited for a real "mmo" and so happened I followed pl with the hopes of a DROID release.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #48
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Right, question. Are you guys going to announce the beta key give aways on Facebook as well as the main site?
    Always is a strong word. We try to, but can't guarantee. We might do something exclusive to Facebook to reward our users who follow (and Like us) there. Still plotting.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Becoming a flame fest. People need to stop complaining and understand how STS have their hands tied. I am sure if they could release the beta on both, they would. As far as others being behind or what not, Sam stated it would only be in beta for a week or two. With the updates coming to PL as well as this beta, does anyone really think there will be a large number of players who have that much exp by the time SL goes public?

Please be respectful and think before posting on these threads. The devs do the best they can and it seems with every update and new information release, there is more and more complaining. Be happy the games are thriving and that THEY ARE FREE!!

That is all.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #50
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Can you explain the need for the beta? Pl went through the apple process without a droid beta. Has something changed in the application approval process in the last year? Because this looks and feels like an exclusivity offer like when a game is only available on the xbox for x amount of time and then gets rolled to other platforms.
    Hi Kraze,

If you read back over the original announcement, we outline why we want a limited beta:

What is a Beta?
    A Beta means that we think the game is almost ready to launch. We have been playing internally now for months and are extremely excited to get this into a few of your hands! We will be soliciting usability feedback and tracking down bugs in preparation for the full release.

Why Limited Beta?
    There are a lot of moving parts to a MMO game like Star Legends. We want to have an opportunity to polish and refine the game before bringing it to a wider audience. This Limited Beta allows us to do just that.
    If you want to call it an exclusive on Verizon V CAST I would not say you were wrong. It's our method of limiting the number of users who can get into the game for this Beta period, allowing us to polish the game up before it goes prime time across all channels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

So, you're trying to snatch the name that someone else has before they can get it? I'm sorry, but I find that more than a bit hypocritical.
    How is it hypocritical to want to grab a name that is inactive when the STS reserve system does not allow it? I'm just doing the only possible thing: First come first serve. But those in the beta don't get to come first. I have not seen the character walking around, nor in anybody's Sig. Just attempting to do the only thing left to me, you know?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 06-24-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hi Sam how is v cast media manager gonna work its a storage place? Or will we be able to download it from v cast apps?

ZERO COMMANDO

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #53
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

How is it hypocritical to want to grab a name that is inactive when the STS reserve system does not allow it? I'm just doing the only possible thing: First come first serve. But those in the beta don't get to come first. I have not seen the character walking around, nor in anybody's Sig.
    You don't know for certain that the name you want is inactive. The reason the name you want isn't available, is either (1) it's been removed from availability as a bad name (in which case it won't be available in Star Legends either) or (2) someone else has that name.

While you haven't seen someone with that name running around in game, doesn't mean that they aren't planning to play Star Legends and hoping to use the name that you are planning to log in and grab before they do - exactly the issue that people raised when names first came up.

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #54
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acyer View Post
    Hi Sam how is v cast media manager gonna work its a storage place? Or will we be able to download it from v cast apps?
    Acyer, V CAST is Verizon's version of the Android Market. It is just their way of saying "App Store" if you will. There's more to it, but that's a simple way to look at it. When Star Legends is approved by Verizon it will become available in the V CAST Media Manager for Verizon Wireless Android Devices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

umm can i become a beta tester in my droid and IOS?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Acyer, V CAST is Verizon's version of the Android Market. It is just their way of saying "App Store" if you will. There's more to it, but that's a simple way to look at it. When Star Legends is approved by Verizon it will become available in the V CAST Media Manager for Verizon Wireless Android Devices.
    Hmm ok maybe im overlooking things I guess thanks for the response.

ZERO COMMANDO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Always is a strong word. We try to, but can't guarantee. We might do something exclusive to Facebook to reward our users who follow (and Like us) there. Still plotting.
    I'm sorry you misread that. I said giveaways, but there was an uneeded space there.

But anyway good to know. I've been following and liked you guys on Facebook. In like February. Hope there's a notice about beta key availability put up on social websites like FB. I do not do Twitter, just have an account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne
    You don't know for certain that the name you want is inactive. The reason the name you want isn't available, is either (1) it's been removed from availability as a bad name (in which case it won't be available in Star Legends either) or (2) someone else has that name. While you haven't seen someone with that name running around in game, doesn't mean that they aren't planning to play Star Legends and hoping to use the name that you are planning to log in and grab before they do -exactly the issue that people raised when names first came up.
    I assure you it isn't a bad word. I just don't want somebody to purposefully grab it and be mean to me. If you'd like I can PM you the name. I'm sure it is just an inactive character. I am just doing the only thing left open, you know?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 06-24-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You have to be a Verizon wireless customer to take part. Being in the Philippines leaves me out. But we all be able to try it soon enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So is it going to be on other devices for android,or just v cast?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Bgandyful View Post
    So is it going to be on other devices for android,or just v cast?
    Hi Bgandyful

At first it will be only on verizon and v cast and while the beta is up and running the devs will be giving beta key accounts to partner websites to give us a chance of winning one.
    Details on this will be released shortly after the beta period starts.
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T