Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends Poised For Limited Android Beta on Verizon V CAST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Can you explain the need for the beta? Pl went through the apple process without a droid beta. Has something changed in the application approval process in the last year? Because this looks and feels like an exclusivity offer like when a game is only available on the xbox for x amount of time and then gets rolled to other platforms.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Glad I'm not the only one who was thinking that.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #62
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Can you explain the need for the beta? Pl went through the apple process without a droid beta. Has something changed in the application approval process in the last year? Because this looks and feels like an exclusivity offer like when a game is only available on the xbox for x amount of time and then gets rolled to other platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Glad I'm not the only one who was thinking that.
    Can I explain the need for the Beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post

Why Limited Beta?
    There are a lot of moving parts to a MMO game like Star Legends. We want to have an opportunity to polish and refine the game before bringing it to a wider audience. This Limited Beta allows us to do just that.
    You guys are looking at this the wrong way. The V CAST Android players are bug testing the game. Those who play when it goes full release on Apple App Store and Android Market will benefit from the pain and suffering of all the bugs they had to endure and get to play a more polished game.

Ok, ok, all spin aside, the team is working hard to make Star Legends the best it can be, but we still want, as originally stated, the opportunity to fix bugs with a limited soft launch. We can't do that on Apple's App Store, so we're partnering with Verizon to do it via the V CAST Media Manager. I feel like you guys are looking for some sinister reason we're tormenting iOS players. That is not our intention at all. As JustG stated earlier in the thread, if we could do a limited beta through Apple we would. But we can't. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quick question Sam aren't you guys just giving the full app to verizion for the beta testers to try out right? So, couldn't you guys just sent the full app to Apple and then when you guys like fix the game from the bugs and stuff just update it or no you can't? Im probally totally wrong ,but not sure.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Sam,

The VCast Media Manager and the Marketplace are two separate things. The media manager is a place Verizon provides it's customers (for a fee of $2.99/mo) to store music, videos, and pictures. The Android Marketplace is the same as any other android device. With that said, there is a section in the Marketplace for Verizon approved applications to be downloaded. These applications have been screened by Verizon and usually are included when a partnership arises (like with the 25th anniversary of Star Wars last year and, in our case, SL right now.) This may be what you are referring to. Just seems to be enough confusion around here and hope this helps to ease your pain.
    Last edited by CrimsonTider; 06-24-2011 at 06:02 PM.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by alexjp View Post
    Quick question Sam aren't you guys just giving the full app to verizion for the beta testers to try out right? So, couldn't you guys just sent the full app to Apple and then when you guys like fix the game from the bugs and stuff just update it or no you can't? Im probally totally wrong ,but not sure.
    No that would not work as some bugs/errors cant be fixed by a patch.
    for example do you remember the join button going wrong that could only be fixed by resubmitting the fixed app to apple to approve again.
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Im confused as usual! Beta is released on Android Market all the time,but this seems to be only for Verizon? I can be patient.

Edit: Im personally worried about the Verison spoilers ruining the Mojo.
    Last edited by Bgandyful; 06-24-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bgandyful View Post
    Im confused as usual! Beta is released on Android Market all the time,but this seems to be only for Verizon? I can be patient.
    As sam said earlier
    If you want to call it an exclusive on Verizon V CAST I would not say you were wrong. It's our method of limiting the number of users who can get into the game for this Beta period, allowing us to polish the game up before it goes prime time across all channels. channels

H hope this helps with the confusion
    Last edited by thugimmortal; 06-24-2011 at 06:16 PM.
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Verizon has a vcast app market place like the DROID market place. Only way I can think they would use media manager was to download The game on are computer than transfer from the media manager to are phone maybe?

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

But If the deal is to get the game polished so all could enjoy, could this be accomplished more efficently on the android marketplace?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

But If the deal is to get the game polished so all could enjoy, could this be accomplished more efficently on the android marketplace?
    I would guess but vcast is who they choose.

ZERO COMMANDO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thugimmortal View Post
    No that would not work as some bugs/errors cant be fixed by a patch.
    for example do you remember the join button going wrong that could only be fixed by resubmitting the fixed app to apple to approve again.
    if I'm not mistaken the glitch you're speaking of was an Android only problem? But the y disabled to ease the situation. that being said they will not find all of the bugs, where talking about 2 completely different sdk's here.!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Edit: Im personally worried about the Verison spoilers ruining the Mojo.
    Eh all we can hope is that the beta players won't go out of thier way to let spoilers fly. All we can do is wait and see at this point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi Sabermage, Just curious, but is your phone on Verizon Wireless?

As for your question about how you'll get the Beta App, once Verizon approves it it will show up like other Apps do on V CAST.
    After reading all the posts, i think it will show up in Verizon's section of the Market. There is a link for Verizon from the main page in the market, and once in it, it says "VCAST Apps" at the top.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

if I'm not mistaken the glitch you're speaking of was an Android only problem? But the y disabled to ease the situation. that being said they will not find all of the bugs, where talking about 2 completely different sdk's here.!?
    It was both platforms that had the join button fail.
    If it was just android the app wouldnt have had to be submitted to apple.
    I agree that not all bugs will be found but im sure the beta testers and the devs will do what they can to iron out most of them and dont forget they have been internally testing for a while now too
    Last edited by thugimmortal; 06-24-2011 at 07:09 PM.
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Can I explain the need for the Beta?

You guys are looking at this the wrong way. The V CAST Android players are bug testing the game. Those who play when it goes full release on Apple App Store and Android Market will benefit from the pain and suffering of all the bugs they had to endure and get to play a more polished game.

Ok, ok, all spin aside, the team is working hard to make Star Legends the best it can be, but we still want, as originally stated, the opportunity to fix bugs with a limited soft launch. We can't do that on Apple's App Store, so we're partnering with Verizon to do it via the V CAST Media Manager. I feel like you guys are looking for some sinister reason we're tormenting iOS players. That is not our intention at all. As JustG stated earlier in the thread, if we could do a limited beta through Apple we would. But we can't. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
    I'll say it again. My main issue with all this is how you said we'd all have an equal chance on day one to grab our names. That's not the case. No matter how you spin this, the beta testers will have first dibs on any and all names not reserved. Everyone else will get to choose from whatever's leftover.
    It just puzzles me bc STS has always been concerned with keeping both platforms on equal footing. Android has always waited on updates until Apple approves. So now this full 180 -- how else do you expect us to look at this other than Verizon paid a nice chunk of money to have a first exclusive?

DD had their updates split between iOS and Android and it always split the community, caused rifts. I'm not playing that game anymore for a number of reasons. I'm just pointing out that STS is heading in the opposite direction of what we're all used to with decisions like this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Guys, STS could always do a server reset after beta.. You never know. If you are all so paranoid about a name just reserve it.
    Lets al be mature about this and just look forward to another quality game made by STS.
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

There is alot of cognitive dissonance in what im about to say- keep in mind im On tmobile Droid.....ALL IN OR NONE!

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Wow that sucks I use android now but don't have Verizon cause Sprint is better =P except my EVO 3D is buggy got it before release date and have inssurance imma see if i can exchange it for a diffrent one lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoarPewPew View Post
    Guys, STS could always do a server reset after beta.. You never know. If you are all so paranoid about a name just reserve it.
    Lets al be mature about this and just look forward to another quality game made by STS.
    Yeah pew they could do a server reset but they said there wouldn't be. but you will still have players mad cause either their connection wasn't good or sts didn't tell em soon enough.

ZERO COMMANDO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Well I guess it's time to ask some android forum how to get access to v cast via my nook color. I skipped a little when reading the thread, but am I the first to consider this? A rooted android device might be able to.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...