Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends Poised For Limited Android Beta on Verizon V CAST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Sam, speaking as an Android platform, I'm forced to agree with some of the comments that the partnering with Verizon is a mistake.

It makes users outside of the Verizon network and your non-American international users feel like second class.

To the people using iOS - it was entirely your decision to support a company that locks down their handsets the way that they do - Apple. It's one of the reasons why I don't buy from Apple; that and their lack of ethics. However, there is no technical reason why an apk file couldn't be uploaded for all Android users who wanted to test it.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #82
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I'll say it again. My main issue with all this is how you said we'd all have an equal chance on day one to grab our names. That's not the case. No matter how you spin this, the beta testers will have first dibs on any and all names not reserved. Everyone else will get to choose from whatever's leftover.
    It just puzzles me bc STS has always been concerned with keeping both platforms on equal footing. Android has always waited on updates until Apple approves. So now this full 180 -- how else do you expect us to look at this other than Verizon paid a nice chunk of money to have a first exclusive?

DD had their updates split between iOS and Android and it always split the community, caused rifts. I'm not playing that game anymore for a number of reasons. I'm just pointing out that STS is heading in the opposite direction of what we're all used to with decisions like this.
    Lesrider, thank you very much for your feedback. I can see where you are coming from and you are right.

Unfortunately, we are not able to proceed with a limited beta on Apple, so we're doing it with Verizon. We're really looking forward to polishing the game up and kicking it into high gear when we hit full launch to all of iOS and Android. Thanks for your support and concern while we get through beta.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #83
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Sam, speaking as an Android platform, I'm forced to agree with some of the comments that the partnering with Verizon is a mistake.

It makes users outside of the Verizon network and your non-American international users feel like second class.

To the people using iOS - it was entirely your decision to support a company that locks down their handsets the way that they do - Apple. It's one of the reasons why I don't buy from Apple; that and their lack of ethics. However, there is no technical reason why an apk file couldn't be uploaded for all Android users who wanted to test it.
    Hey WhoIsThis,

I also want to say thanks to you for taking the time to voice your opinion. We understand how you feel. Please know that it is not our intention to make anyone feel second class. We really appreciate all of our fans and can't wait to get the game into your hands. We know that limiting the beta is painful, as people really want to play. However, we feel it is the best thing to do for the game. Hopefully you will agree and enjoy a more polished and fun game when we hit full launch.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

So sam im still not sure how we are gonna use vcast media manager are we gonna download the file from are pc and send it to are phone using media manager? Just don't see how its gonna be used. Or is it gonna be in vcast apps market (kinda like android market).

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Are you using drainers set sam? High dodge rate! If getting the game polished n out so everyone can play means beta, then why only Verizon? Again seems logical to Use Android Market place to push the bugs out,instead VCast. Im not looking for an advantage , looking to be a Productive Member of Community.Just seemslike another thing dividing the Community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No 1 steal my names!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mains: Dahood lvl55 Archer/Lvl11 Operative/Prest lvl36 Tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prest87 View Post
    No 1 steal my names!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this is not gonna stop anyfrom stealing your name

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

You could remove your actual IG name from your sig, so there's less of a chance, and put it back after the fact.

If I have any left over slots, I'll reserve a few people's names if they wish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    You could remove your actual IG name from your sig, so there's less of a chance, and put it back after the fact.

If I have any left over slots, I'll reserve a few people's names if they wish.
    This Might stop name thefts....

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #90
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bgandyful View Post
    If getting the game polished n out so everyone can play means beta, then why only Verizon? Again seems logical to Use Android Market place to push the bugs out,instead VCast. Im not looking for an advantage , looking to be a Productive Member of Community.Just seemslike another thing dividing the Community.
    Hey Bgandyful,

We want a limited beta to reach a smaller overall slice of people than the entire Android Market. Verizon is a good partner in that respect. Again, we want to have the opportunity to polish the game more before we put it in front of everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

.......sigh....insert emote....sob.... : ...(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hi Corpser,

I'll offer up the same reply to you that I did to Bronislav. If reserving your name is something that has value to you, you can purchase a name reservation. More details located here. Otherwise it is a Free-to-Play game and first come will be first served. If you have a friend with an Android Device that is capable of accessing the Limited Beta, then you could borrow it for a few minutes, download the game, log in with your same account credentials you use to log into Pocket Legends (your Spacetime Account) and create a character with the name you want.
    Yeah i dont have very many freinds so there goes that idea also 50 plat for a name reservation to reserve 4 charecters is a bit steap.
    its not fair at all apple and android were supposed to have equal opertunities. how ever with the launch of star legends and the android devices getting star legends first you are giving them a amjor advantage. a possible souloution could be to add some black star items (Blasters, full vanities that make your char look like a blackstar char, and maybe parts of a map from blackstar) that way apple and excluded people still get a to play a game simmilar to blackstar. make sure these only go on during the beta testing only tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey WhoIsThis,

I also want to say thanks to you for taking the time to voice your opinion. We understand how you feel. Please know that it is not our intention to make anyone feel second class. We really appreciate all of our fans and can't wait to get the game into your hands. We know that limiting the beta is painful, as people really want to play. However, we feel it is the best thing to do for the game. Hopefully you will agree and enjoy a more polished and fun game when we hit full launch.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne

To begin with, thanks for replying. Looking at the responses on the forum, this seems to be a very controversial decision again, very much like the implementation of global cool down, the reforms that were made to the levelling pots, etc.

There is one other consideration that needs to be made. There are many Android devices. Can you claim with reasonable certainty that Verizon (which only offers a small percentage of the phones) offers a fully representative sample? I think that for technical reasons, you may want to test the application on as many devices as possible. Anything with the hardware to run it (mid-range and above; the Xperia Play has specs comparable to higher end handsets released in 2010) should be tested simple for stability.

For this reason, I'd also advocate seeing if there's a way to get jailbroken iPhones to beta test the application. At the very least, it may mollify tensions among iPhone (and iPad) users.

Edit: The reason why I want so many people to test is also to minimize real bugs. An example of bug that fairly extensive testing would have spotted quickly is the PL 1.7.1 patch. Shortly after the patch was introduced, it became impossible to "join" the games of people on your friends list. Naturally, the bug was fixed as quickly as possible (I'm guessing that it was just a few bad lines of code), and updated as quickly as Apple would allow. In the gaming industry, one of the troubling trends has been to release games with "known issues" and patch later. Leaving such bugs around could lead to a poor impression and for a fledgling platform, it's not a good thing. People on this forum are likely going to be your most ardent advocates and are likely the people to introduce this game to their friends, so I suppose among us it's probably critical. As gamers, we'd like you to succeed. Success for you means more content for us, and the continued long term support of the game (which I'm sure you'll provide).
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 06-25-2011 at 07:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well im running a DROIDX2 and know more than certain this will run SL without a hitch. I too want a polished game at release too. So me being one of The lucky few to get to beta test I promise to deliver you guys my sts community a awesome game.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

See you Verizon Droiders there. Will there be a forum to submit bugs and glitches?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    See you Verizon Droiders there. Will there be a forum to submit bugs and glitches?
    He lives!!
    Welcome back -- they're lucky someone so thorough will be joining the beta!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    ...not sure how to feel about this as iOS player.....
    Yeah I'm kinda upset but it's not STS's fault...
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #98
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Already is...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/foru...ssues-and-Bugs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Imo choosing for just à few providers rules out an importand testissue since u wint know how it plays in other parts of the world connecting. Often this causes lag issues and such.
    Pl Akaee 76, Bearbg 76, Whosdaddy 76
    Sl Akaee 46, Bearbg 46, Whosdaddy 46
    Dl Akaee 36, Gruppy 36
    Al Akaee 36, Gruppy 34, Whosdaddy 36

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

ugh, I hate apple atm... but i might get a new phone soon, so O.o