Thread: new to pocket legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default new to pocket legends

Hi All,

newbie here. feel free to flame me since ignorance is bliss. lol.
    a few questions, that may have already been answered before, if so please link me to the post/thread so i can read it, otherwise just answer here. thank you.

1. is there a way to delete your character and make a new one?
    2. what's the easiest character class? i've started with archer, let me know if this was a good move.
    3. best builds for each class, if there are. otherwise recommended builds?
    4. recommended ways to earn money/items?

thanks for all the help.

WingedCrow
    Last edited by WingedCrow; 06-25-2011 at 05:46 AM.
    WingedCrow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WingedCrow View Post
    Hi All,

newbie here. feel free to flame me since ignorance is bliss. lol.
    a few questions, that may have already been answered before, if so please link me to the post/thread so i can read it, otherwise just answer here. thank you.

2. what's the easiest character class? i've started with archer, let me know if this was a good move.

thanks for all the help.

WingedCrow
    Hi, and welcome to the forums

Yes, after logging in, you arrive at your character selection screen. You can select your char there, and touch the 'delete' button. Everyting (including inventory will be deleted). You will be asked to type your char name (as a safety precaution) before it gets deleted.

Opinions about this vary. Honestly I don't think it's a bad move to start with an archer, although personally I think an enchantress is easier to play with on higher levels. Archer deal most (single target) dmg, but are the most difficult to keep alive. Mages deal most AOE (area of effect) dmg (or dmg to multiple enemies at the same time) and are fairly easy to keep alive compared to birds IMO. Warrior (or tanks) can be fun too, but the pure builds (see next point) are mainly good at keeping the rest of your party safe, and don't deal that much dmg compared to the other classes.

This all depends on personal preference, and if you want to mainly PvP or PvE. In short, you can put points in str/dex/int. For a bird, personally, I prefer pure Dex. But you could also put points in str, to become a 'warbird' (bird with high survivability at the cost of dmg dealt). If you'd put enough points in str, you can wear str gear (with better armor and dodge). Same is possible with INT. 'Pure' builds are pure INT (mage), DEX (archer), STR (warrior- although pure str for bear is not recommended). You could also dual spec, meaning you could switch between dex/str gear (for bird), but that process is a bit more complicated. Again, there are numerous threads that explain the advantages/disadvantages of each build. When referring to a 'build', these usually also contain the skill points you need to distribute. I'd suggest you check the various threads about these also (for example in the warrior, enchantress or archer sections on this forum)

Start with farming (running in dungeons), try to sell the worthfull items in CS (consignment shop). After you've build up a decent amount of gold, you could consider merchanting (buying/selling of items) or just keep farming for your gold.

Feel free to add my toons in game (see sig), so I could show you the different classes in action. It might give you a better idea of what you're looking for
    Last edited by JaytB; 06-25-2011 at 05:08 AM.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol. as what your sig says... you do rock! thanks for your input. and i might take up your offer on friending you. i'll have to read up on some other guides to see what i prefer before getting in to the game too much. don't want to get up too high only to figure out that i prefer a different build/class to another.

thanks again for the post.

WingedCrow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WingedCrow View Post
    lol. as what your sig says... you do rock! thanks for your input. and i might take up your offer on friending you. i'll have to read up on some other guides to see what i prefer before getting in to the game too much. don't want to get up too high only to figure out that i prefer a different build/class to another.

thanks again for the post.

WingedCrow
    np

One more thing, if you want to ask me something in game, you can type '/t <myname> <your message>' also. So, for example: /t IKungFuPanda Hi... This would say 'hi' to me when I'm online. Easy way to check if somebody's online btw

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hey Newbie, I'm a newbie as well, i dont really care for that term as i have been playn games since Oregon Trail, oh well! I have read through most threads here and advise the same (superb info) anyway Welcome and have fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks khaosangel, i wish you have fun also...though the game is fun so erm yeah... i'm blabbering. lol.

well so far i've made one of every character, slowly playing around with each one to see how i go.
    WingedCrow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Welcome to the STS forums! Its a great big world in here! Report inapropriate character names to support[at]spacetimestudios.com, replacing the [at] with @.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177