Thread: paladin vs bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default paladin vs bear

I'm new to the game and i am in the process of trying to figure out which class I want to play. Right now im torn between either a pure str bear or a paladin. I have a few questions about each of these I would like to ask. First off I see a lot of people say going pure str isn't a good idea, but I'm looking for the maximum survival I can get ( my main goal is to try and go for zero deaths throughout my entire time playing). Would going pure str effect my ability to hold aggro in groups considering I'd sacrifice some damage by going pure str? Also would I be able to still solo content my lvl once I got into the higher levels being pure str? I'd want to go mainly str on the paladin build as well, would that be a bad idea? Also, what are the paladins roles in a group? I feel like they'd be the ones to tank, but I feel as if they'd have a hard time holding aggro without any threat building abilities. Between a pure str bear and the paladin, which has a better solo ability/better damage and which do people prefer when making a group?
    Thanks for the help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Well, pure str is still not good for any build. A bear should still get some dex to get hit% up and some manner of damage. A pally want as little str as possible, so you can put the rest into into to make your spells (especially heal) stronger.

Personally, in the end game a pally is just not as useful as it once was. Also, they are really hard to use until you get decent gear around lv25-30 and really shine at lv45. A bear however, uses very little mana overall and as long as you learn the right way to use beckon and stomp in combination with rage, will lead to a easy game.

PS: no deaths not going to happen xD
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

an answer to your last question: Paladin's are 15x stronger then pure strs... PL fact... and being a pally gives u alot of clan/guild benifits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeh i figure'd deaths would happen eventually at some point haha, but I'd like to try my absolute best to not die. So sounds like paladin it is. Thanks for the help. So another quick question I wear warrior gear as a paladin correct? Also, if that is the case, what lvl of str do I need to wear gear at max level?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

You put just enough str to equip current level items, and then rest into int. Or, if you have items that can boost your str state like some good low level str pinks, use them to fill up the str requirememnt and put more to int.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

0 deaths? Thats a tough goal, you will be suprised how fast a fire trap can get you . In my opinion a duel spec str and dex bear is much better than a paladin. Like Arterra said bears use little mana compared to elves. Also bears have a very high dodge chance in end game gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had a lvl 47 pure str bear and itvhad a lot of health plus the +15 health bonus from battleforged armor wich put its total hp to around 750. So it would be good to tank with pure str but just to soak up damage not give the damage. The hit % was somewhere around 80

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dethwarior:334666
    I had a lvl 47 pure str bear and itvhad a lot of health plus the +15 health bonus from battleforged armor wich put its total hp to around 750. So it would be good to tank with pure str but just to soak up damage not give the damage. The hit % was somewhere around 80
    It was infact the barrleforged helm and plate of tenacity I believe with the limbchopper of tenacity which gave my hp +45 to my 706 hp without armor. Also if u hav 4 mana regen with bear u will basicly never run out of mana in a battle

Pallys on the other hand are supposed to heal others and help the tank a bit but u need massive mana regen because of the spells the use so much mana