Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *Sigh* can someone understand how i feel?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I agree...i dislike it too. I know how you feel...I restarted on my main and i get treated as if i dont know a thing about PL. A lot of the 50+ players i have played with dont know how to taunt. Or dont heal at all. Or beckon and stomp just for the heck of it. I meet so many clueless 50+ players who really need to learn the class/game better.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I've said it before in other threads, but for those experiencing the heartbreak of the boot due to level:
    Grievousangel - lvl 55 healing mage
    Rauen - lvl 56 pure bird
    Diffie - lvl 54 pure bird

Those are the chars I run the most often. Unless you're being a jerk in a game, I don't boot. I don't care what your level is or if the group isn't balanced or whatever--we'll run that puppy and run it well anyway. All I ask is that you try and that you not be jerky to others. If it's my game, you're more than welcome to join. If I'm waiting for a friend, I'll tell you that and give you a chance to do the right thing. If you don't, well, remaking's easy. Jump in--I don't bite. At least not hard enough to leave a scar.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I often have 4 or more conversations going on at a time. When you see someone kind of "running around" the CS it might be because they are trying to click on one of the many friends they are jumping between conversations with and if you miss the character you're trying to click, your character starts to run around.

Sometimes I honestly am in such deep conversation and my screen is moving so fast that taking the time to go back, see who messaged me, find your char, then make a response is just way to time consuming and in the meantime my friend who I do runs with, who has helped me out, who I have personal conversations with thinks I went afk or something.

If I'm not busy I'm happy to answer questions, but I don't think you should take it personally and I don't think you should want to quit the game over people not talking to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    ... I don't think you should want to quit the game over people not talking to you.
    thats not wat i ment
    i ment i feel like quiting the game because of people being mean about me having a question or just saying hey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are a lot of beggars and con artists in balefort, which makes me much more tentative to engage someone there.

And honestly I don't always see the msg. I'm not a big chat guy, and when I've got a cs search going I sort of zero-in and become oblivious to much else.

And then there's the "are u a girll?????" msgs. Insta-ignore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I love trying to keep 3 conversations floating and answering random questions in public chat... just keep in mind not everyone can do that.

I found a genius way to make sure my low level char is not booted or ignored: Goa shield
    For those who don't have one... yea it really is hard to prove you are not in fact a noob. Frankly I try asking if someone has a main, so as to asset things correctly or not seem overly simplistic in answers.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkman View Post
    hey guys so today i was in balefort and i was in a good mood so i decided to talk abit to some high levels... but something that always happens when i do that either they ignore me or the say have fun playing pocket legends

i have been playing the game for a long time but i hate it when people think in just an average noob cause i dont have a character 50+
    Ima be honest...
    everytime i try lvling a character to 50 or more i start getting back into pvp... PVP is one of the most addicting thing to me but im trying to get out of that.

But back to my point....

i dont like it when high levels just blow me off like that... like i ask a question or i was for alittle help for them to level me and they say "IM BUSY" even thought it looks completely obvious your not because ur just sitting there in balefort not doing anything better

i had to get this off my chest
    FYI you could talk with some lower levels to. Like with me i really dont care. I treat the high and low levels all the same. But there are gonna be high levels who act stuck up or "im to good for you" but so what. If it bothers you talking to high levels isnt the way to go for you.

In my case personally i really dont care if a person is a high level. Its like when i battle in a party the people (at least one is like) oh look a high level . Im just like ok...so. Its not like michael phelps or lionel messi just dropped in to say hi xD.

If anything just ignore them.

Lets put it this way, the idea is to just play and have fun and do what it is that you want to do. AND there are gonna always be people that act that way. They dont even have to be a high level. And like a said i really dont see how high levels are looked up to. The way i look at "high levels" is they are the same as everyone else except they know more and have been playing the game longer SO WHAT.

besides not all high levels are like that and not all are always looked up to. I mean ive been a level 30 and have gotten like 10 convos at once i may just answer the person in one word or say just a sexc if they are asking for help. It doesnt mean im blowing them off im just overwhelmed with all the convos and is a lil busy myself.

Anways let it go and move on, its good that you got it off your chest speak your mind ^_^

And im right with you man I started PL like months ago and i have only a level 11 dex bear LOL
    ive got a real bad habit of restarting but ima promise...this is mah last "resart" LOL
    Last edited by ChrisFI; 06-27-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

And sometimes I "ignore" people because, while my char may be standing around CS/FH/BS, my actual body is getting something to drink or answering the phone or heading for the bathroom. CS is the worst because of the all the sales spam messages. You may have said, "Hi!" 30 seconds ago while I was AFK and it's been shoved off the screen by "Selling>piece of absolute crap for huge whack of gold" messages.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    And sometimes I "ignore" people because, while my char may be standing around CS/FH/BS, my actual body is getting something to drink or answering the phone or heading for the bathroom. CS is the worst because of the all the sales spam messages. You may have said, "Hi!" 30 seconds ago while I was AFK and it's been shoved off the screen by "Selling>piece of absolute crap for huge whack of gold" messages.
    You could always click on another person, and use the chat scroller. I do that all the time.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    I love trying to keep 3 conversations floating and answering random questions in public chat... just keep in mind not everyone can do that.

I found a genius way to make sure my low level char is not booted or ignored: Goa shield
    For those who don't have one... yea it really is hard to prove you are not in fact a noob. Frankly I try asking if someone has a main, so as to asset things correctly or not seem overly simplistic in answers.
    Ahh... Nothin like walking into a game as a level 10 in a founder helmet, GoA shield, and a level 10 toy man wand or hack. *Mumbles on dreaming*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a Lvl 50 bird. Joeythewise add me. I'm always friendly and happy to talk and help out

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeythewise View Post
    I'm a Lvl 50 bird. Joeythewise add me. I'm always friendly and happy to talk and help out
    Wise words indeed Joeythewise..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I'm usually in the stash, CS, or multitasking while I stand in towne. Occasionally talking to friends and other things are going on too. Don't let other get you down. It's okay to say hi and ask questions to anyone, including higher levels. If they don't answer, then go to someone else and start a friendly conversation. Forest Haven is a better place to have a conversation than Balefort btw.
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Hmm... good point about the reverse discrimination. I usually only play my high levels when I have a mission for them. If I'm just sitting about, I'm sitting about on my lower levels.

I hate beggars and powerleveler-askers. So those of you will get ignored or get told to go kill your own stuff or drop your own stuff for FREE.

Everyone else, I answer questions when I see them or when I am able.

Not sure I've ever been booted from a low level game, even just wearing green/yellow/white/gray dropped items. I just must look pro :P My more usual experience is people give me stuff; I give them stuff. We get a nice stuff-giving bazaar going

OTOH I LOVE LOVE LOVE picking up unfinished games, particularly ones with just the boss left. I can go through lots of those in an hour and pick up a few new followers while I'm at it. Show 'em that killing bosses is pretty darn easy. They just need to be a little bit observant and maybe do a little sidestepping. And I KNOW I'm not the only one who likes to do that, because I've run into a few other game-picker-uppers. LOL.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    You could always click on another person, and use the chat scroller. I do that all the time.
    Nah. I usually go park myself in Fathom Crypt if I'm AFK....much, much quieter. And so....peaceful.