Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Sigh* can someone understand how i feel?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry *Sigh* can someone understand how i feel?

hey guys so today i was in balefort and i was in a good mood so i decided to talk abit to some high levels... but something that always happens when i do that either they ignore me or the say have fun playing pocket legends

i have been playing the game for a long time but i hate it when people think in just an average noob cause i dont have a character 50+
    Ima be honest...
    everytime i try lvling a character to 50 or more i start getting back into pvp... PVP is one of the most addicting thing to me but im trying to get out of that.

But back to my point....

i dont like it when high levels just blow me off like that... like i ask a question or i was for alittle help for them to level me and they say "IM BUSY" even thought it looks completely obvious your not because ur just sitting there in balefort not doing anything better

i had to get this off my chest
    Last edited by Twinkman; 06-26-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This is probably not in topic with this thread but WAAAYYY back when my mage was level 14, I bought a keeper staff. Then I went into Balefort Castle to do a small quest, then I saw a mage wearing that staff. I told her that I had the same staff! Then she said, so? And I'm like...well I just thought it'd be cool, then she said boot the 14!

GRR, I so wanna bash her in face now...LMAO!!!

I suggest revenge...

Last edited by Roasty; 06-26-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roasty View Post
    You know...I agree with you...

This is probably not in topic with this thread but WAAAYYY back when my mage was level 14, I bought a keeper staff. Then I went into Balefort Castle to do a small quest, then I saw a mage wearing that staff. I told her that I had the same staff! Then she said, so? And I'm like...well I just thought it'd be cool, then she said boot the 14!

GRR, I so wanna pound her in face now!!! LMAO!!!

I suggest revenge...
    it happens with most high levels i see and try to chat with and it makes me feel like i shouldnt be playing pocket legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Sorry, but did you think of that maybe they were in the middle of talking to their friends and you were interrupting? It happens all of the time, no matter what the level. I try to answer people if they ask questions, but sometimes I am chatting with three of my friends while sitting in Balefort and it is hard to keep track of conversations, and I don't answer random questions from people I don't know if I am too busy.

It doesn't mean they are being mean or ignoring you, but maybe they are busy chatting with their friends and don't want/like/be able to keep up with interruptions. Not saying you are wrong, some people probably are rude, but a lot of people are just busy looking in the CS or talking to someone else.

Just another way to look at it
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Sorry, but did you think of that maybe they were in the middle of talking to their friends and you were interrupting? It happens all of the time, no matter what the level. I try to answer people if they ask questions, but sometimes I am chatting with three of my friends while sitting in Balefort and it is hard to keep track of conversations, and I don't answer random questions from people I don't know if I am too busy.

It doesn't mean they are being mean or ignoring you, but maybe they are busy chatting with their friends and don't want/like/be able to keep up with interruptions. Not saying you are wrong, some people probably are rude, but a lot of people are just busy looking in the CS or talking to someone else.

Just another way to look at it
    naa i dont think so cause they will start moving around the auction room alot just for no reason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkman View Post
    it happens with most high levels i see and try to chat with and it makes me feel like i shouldnt be playing pocket legends
    Let the picture (that I made myself TEEHEE) speak for itself...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Omg I have the feeling that ive done that to you, if so im so sorry.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I get questions all the time while I'm in Balefort. And to be honest its not easy to answer peoples questions while you are chatting with someone or making a trade. Also many high levels are scanning the CS for good deals, though that doesn't mean that they shouldn't blow you off like that. If you have a urgent question bring it to the forums and you will get many kind answers.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

You also have to look at the high levels point of view. Many people look up to high levels for advice. Just because a player is high level, doesn't mean they aren't on busy schedule's too. Some players only have 15 minutes to a hour to play a day. So they go strait to Balefort, check/relist offers and go do 3-5 runs and get off. Answering questions doesn't really fit into that schedule.

I personally try to help as many people as I can in game, but the questions are relentless. My guides total have gotten over 50,000 views, plus the views on any other helpful/informational post that I have ever made. So when I walk into balefort, I usually get assaulted with private messages. Examples would be "ZOMGG!! Pharcyde!! *Friend request*.", "Hey!" "SUP!" "Your guides are really helpful, but I got some questions I need to ask you! *Goes on and asks very complicated and in in depth questions*.", "Could you give me something?" "Are you the real Pharcyde!?!$@", "I heard your really smart with Enchantresses, could you please give me a good level 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, and so on.. build please!?". Then my all time favorite. "The real Pharcyde is level 56."

So yes, I understand your point of view. High level players often get an "Elitist" mindset, and look down on everyone else who is lower level then them. But please also understand the non-elitist high level players who try to help, like me. Not every high level is bad. If you ask me a question in game, and I don't answer, it's most likely that I am afk, or your comment got lost in the flood of PM's I usually get when I walk into Balefort.

P.S. - Players like me often have secret alternate accounts on low levels *Evil Smirk*. So we know what it's like to be looked down upon, when we are on unknown characters, and people assume were noobs .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Sorry, but did you think of that maybe they were in the middle of talking to their friends and you were interrupting? It happens all of the time, no matter what the level. I try to answer people if they ask questions, but sometimes I am chatting with three of my friends while sitting in Balefort and it is hard to keep track of conversations, and I don't answer random questions from people I don't know if I am too busy.It doesn't mean they are being mean or ignoring you, but maybe they are busy chatting with their friends and don't want/like/be able to keep up with interruptions. Not saying you are wrong, some people probably are rude, but a lot of people are just busy looking in the CS or talking to someone else.Just another way to look at it
    This always happens to me! I love talking with the locals but I get 3-5 conversations plus random local chat goin on, and its not always easy to speak with every player that wants your attention. If I had a plat for everytime I typed /r and got the wrong person, I would never have to buy plat again. End point, you can't assume a person isn't busy just because they're standing around, URL, CS, Private chat, trading, researching, forums, bathroom breaks, etc, are just some of the few examples, of what could be going on with that particular person.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

My pet peeve in Balefort:
    I'm afk or looking at CS stuff. Someone asks a question. Either I don't see it (afk), am talking to someone else and therefore busy, or in CS and don't want to have to do my search, etc all over again. I finish what I'm doing or come back. I finally get to the main Balefort screen, I check my chat log. Sometimes, the question is still there; sometimes not. If it's there, I then look for the person who asked the question.

Pet peeve:
    That questioner is GONE!

Ok, sometimes, that happens quite a bit after the question is asked. That I understand.
    However, sometimes it's just a few seconds. I back out of my menu/CS screens and look for the player and poof! No Player!

SO: If you're gonna ask a question, don't move for at least 10 minutes! At least give me a chance to respond. Jeez!

Oops, fire sprinklers came on

Oh yeah, advice for people with questions:
    Yes, you can ask high levels. The likelihood is high that they'll know the answer. However, ask the question of several high levels. And remember: that high level could be AFK (not there -- they fell asleep; they had to go eat and forgot they're stil logged on; their gf came and the player has rushed off) or busy. So it's better if you ask more than one person. I find 3 is a good number. Usually if I ask 3 people, at least one will answer. Moreover, some people know more than others, so it's a good idea to ask multiple people anyways.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 06-27-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Icecoffie

I know what ur talking about and i agree with u. I dont understand why they cant have a conversation like a normal human, And i dont under stand why they would call u a noob when your lvl50+. Ive been called a noob and im lvl54.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

but u dont have to be rude and tell me your busy just tell me that your in too many conversations instead of ignoring or raging about how busy u are

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I hope there will be option in cs that you can answer or chat same time when looking stuff becouse its allways you get in and find good stuff to buy someone ask or talk so you have to shut cs and answer.

I honestly try to answer every time someone ask or need something. Its some times when ur in castle you get 3-4 different player asking or begging something and if someone spam same time i dont see who ask and who begg so its hard some times.. not wanna be rude but sometimes it happens accidentily.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

but u dont have to be rude and tell me your busy just tell me that your in too many conversations instead of ignoring or raging about how busy u are
    I try to answer people when I can, and I'm sure most people do, but don't forget....no one is obligated to stop what they are doing to talk to anyone. Some people I know don't like to talk at all, or very rarely. Or like other people said, maybe they are AFK or don't want to have to re-search for something in the CS because there is no chat option without ruining a CS search and having to start over.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Uhh they told you they're busy. Quite frankly, I don't think that's rude. They don't know you, why do they owe you an explanation? They could have ignored you completely but at least said "I'm busy."

Guild chat may help with this, as people can just shout out a question to their whole guild instead of asking random strangers. If that's how guild chat will work...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Yesh, basically I go around in noob armor when entering townes, so I dont get mobbed^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Yesh, basically I go around in noob armor when entering townes, so I dont get mobbed^_^
    Thats Exactly What i do too, when i enter town i put my thoth talon set on and go to town.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I try to respond to everyone that talks to me in town unless it's, "Hey, baby! Wanna bf?" or "Give me gold" , but I get a lot of "level me" requests. Some are polite, as I'm sure your's are, but some not so much. My rule is that unless I know you, unless I know you know how to play the game and just want to speed level an alt, it ain't happening. My usual response is, "I'm sorry. I don't power-level people" and I leave it at that. It's not always an Elitist mindset; often it's an "I really don't want to help create a bunch more level whatevers that don't know how to play this game" mindset.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Oh ,I do know how you feel.

Back when I was a 48 and couldn't level anymore in AO2, I took a break to twink. Then I came back, and was booted from almost EVERY single game.

On a side note:

You know what's even worse than this?
    People are sexist in PL. Heh, I made a toon called pinkflower a while back, just for fun.

I got about 10 people asking if I was a girl.

I replied "Why not?"

They said, "I betcha you're fat!"

I'm not a girl, but that above, is just horrible.