Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Expansion coming up soon, Eyes and Paras should not scale!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Default Expansion coming up soon, Eyes and Paras should not scale!

The expansion is coming up really quickly and there is not one thing i cannot express my concern for more than i can for the paras and eyes! So, as a reminder of an available and very reasonable option that can make or break this next expansion's overall balance and gear progression, please limit the eyes and paras to gear under lv46!

In no way should a mage of the same level have substantially more more health, armor, damage, AND crit than a similarly geared rogue simply because they managed to stack all of their eyes into their gear.

For the sake of Arlor, for the humanity in the 51 cap, for the love of Gustav, and for the cuteness of Emma Stone, pleeeease keep these old gems out of the next expansion! End this abominable ailment that's lingered in the game for over a year.

Gear should only be accented by gems/jewels, not defined by them.
    Last edited by Zylx; 02-02-2016 at 02:19 PM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    The expansion is coming up really quickly and there is not one thing i cannot express my concern for more than i can for the paras and eyes! So, as a reminder of an available and very reasonable option that can make or break this next expansion's overall balance and gear progression, please limit the eyes and paras to gear under lv46!

In no way should a mage of the same level have substantially more more health, armor, damage, AND crit than a similarly geared rogue simply because they managed to stack all of their eyes into their gear.

For the sake of Arlor, for the humanity in the 51 cap, for the love of Gustav, and for the cuteness of Emma Stone, pleeeease keep these old gems out of the next expansion! End this abominable ailment that's lingered in the game for over a year.

Gear should only be accented by gems/jewels, not defined by them.
    agree...sts already said that para and eyes r op and we wont see them as reward next time - but its not 100% solving of problem...there will be para/eye users even few next lvl caps if sts wont make something about it
    Last edited by illidan; 02-02-2016 at 02:30 PM.

IGN: illidansk/illidanpvp/licence
    Guild: Havrani (ravens) <--- click for more guild info

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Agreed let the jewels fulfill their roles instead of being a joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I would suggest to make a deadline to all eye para stockers. And remove it from game after that deadline so there will an neutrality that no one have op gems xD focus on jewels now. Just a suggestion don't get angry if u stock em haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xZauiflele View Post
    I would suggest to make a deadline to all eye para stockers. And remove it from game after that deadline so there will an neutrality that no one have op gems xD focus on jewels now. Just a suggestion don't get angry if u stock em haha
    really bad idea...ppl should be able to use their rewards...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Imo ideal fix is just make para and eye unsocketable and tradeable...loses value but evens out the problems they cause by making them available to all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

No.

There are not many eye gems left in the game now as you thought, and para gems are even rarer. As time goes by, these limited gems will be extinguished sooner or later.

I myself have few para/eye gems left in my stash, but that took me lots of time and efforts to get these exclusive gems during old time event. Your suggestion will make me lose a lot and let me feel my hard work is worthless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I think main stat jewels are underrated. In the next cap, I would much rather have a +10 finesse jewel (assuming they go that high) than a second para.

If this idea gets instituted, I think arcane rings with a para are going to be the best ring in the next cap. I keep hearing about gear progression. I'll believe it when I see it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illidan View Post
    really bad idea...ppl should be able to use their rewards...
    The terms para and eye is the only thing which widened the difference btw rich and poor/ undergeared over geared, If this will be removed from the economy it will give loss to less than 10% players(riches/plat buyers) rest 90% will be blessed coz jwls can't make such difference among the players. concept of equity
    Just a Suggestion !! hope u aren't the one of who have em for later sale. Reward provided to a player to use not to stock it like money. If ppl starts stocking notes coins govt. may burie those old notes/coins and introduce new .... it happens under admin of economy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    I think main stat jewels are underrated. In the next cap, I would much rather have a +10 finesse jewel (assuming they go that high) than a second para.

If this idea gets instituted, I think arcane rings with a para are going to be the best ring in the next cap. I keep hearing about gear progression. I'll believe it when I see it.
    ya.... +10 finesses.... good luck farming ....

+8 is 2187 cracked, +9 will be 6561 cracked, and +10 will be 19683 cracked !!!
    and that's only ONE JEWEL, now do that 18 times lol (354,294 cracked)

Quote Originally Posted by csyui View Post
    No.

There are not many eye gems left in the game now as you thought, and para gems are even rarer. As time goes by, these limited gems will be extinguished sooner or later.

I myself have few para/eye gems left in my stash, but that took me lots of time and efforts to get these exclusive gems during old time event. Your suggestion will make me lose a lot and let me feel my hard work is worthless.
    Is 10M for a para, and 6m for eyes not enough ? or are you just waiting for lv 71 cap when eyes gives like +5 +5 +5 +1.57 crit and sell it for 50mil ? (yes, those stats are based on how it scales)
    Last edited by eugene9707; 02-02-2016 at 03:10 PM.

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Thanks for the feedback you guys. We'll definitely take it into consideration.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xZauiflele View Post
    The terms para and eye is the only thing which widened the difference btw rich and poor/ undergeared over geared, If this will be removed from the economy it will give loss to less than 10% players(riches/plat buyers) rest 90% will be blessed coz jwls can't make such difference among the players. concept of equity
    Just a Suggestion !! hope u aren't the one of who have em for later sale. Reward provided to a player to use not to stock it like money. If ppl starts stocking notes coins govt. may burie those old notes/coins and introduce new .... it happens under admin of economy
    I dont have para/eye ..nor Im one of the rich guyz who can aford full gear of these
    I just think its bad idea to delete them totaly...there have to be compromise ( ur idea is far away from compromise)

Yea, I understand its just suggestion mine was only suggestion too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I had already made this suggestion on an earlier thread. Just make it so that gems cannot be used on level 47+ gear, only jewels. Gems can still be used on lower level gear, and paras and eyes will still retain their value for use on twink gear. But for end game, they will be gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    ya.... +10 finesses.... good luck farming ....

+8 is 2187 cracked, +9 will be 6561 cracked, and +10 will be 19683 cracked !!!
    and that's only ONE JEWEL, now do that 18 times lol (354,294 cracked)
    I think that is a great idea. Seriously! Why not? This will give max geared players something they can work towards, and yet it won't give them OP stats like para & eye gems do. If they are willing to work hard enough to obtain such a jewel, then they deserve a slight stat advantage. I think this only becomes a problem when the stat advantage of a better gem/jewel is big. +1 or +2 does not give a big advantage.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illidan View Post
    I dont have para/eye ..nor Im one of the rich guyz who can aford full gear of these
    I just think its bad idea to delete them totaly...there have to be compromise ( ur idea is far away from compromise)

Yea, I understand its just suggestion mine was only suggestion too
    Compromise is after removing em give 2 jewels join recipe
    1stats jewel(fine/mind/fury) from cracklevel to fortified levels can be combined with light/diamond/water(water not for mind)/nature(nature not for fury) from weak to noble levels.
    FOR WARRIOR BEST COMBO:
    fortified fury+noble diamond (insane states)
    FOR ROGUES:
    Fortified Finesse+noble light
    For MAGES:
    Fortified mind+ any

I said nature not for fury coz it will be very over burst of hp and same with mind can't be combined with water. And after fortified stats jewels should be usable separately (not combinable) so there will not be an overflow of demand on higher jewels and overpoweredness will happen less.
    Suggestion thnx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think that is a great idea. Seriously! Why not? This will give max geared players something they can work towards, and yet it won't give them OP stats like para & eye gems do. If they are willing to work hard enough to obtain such a jewel, then they deserve a slight stat advantage. I think this only becomes a problem when the stat advantage of a better gem/jewel is big. +1 or +2 does not give a big advantage.
    true, i still think it'll be quite un-reachable with the way drops are though ...
    maybe make elite boss drop +2 or +3 or something

Also, another reason to stop eyes from going to higher levels: the "hard work" those people did for eyes is nothing compare to the work needed to put into the "comparable" higher tire jewel, especially later on (as mentioned, 19,683 cracked )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

No.

Originally i had the idea to give a deadline and remove the remaining unsocketed gems from the game, but that idea was countered with this exact argument.

Now, i support the idea of limiting the existing eyes and paras to lv46 and under. For the sake of the upcoming gear balances and general improvement of the game, the only way to effectively transition to the new jewels system is to manually end the scaling of the old and overpowering para and eye gems.

You would certainly still be able to use these gems for twink gears and they would still greatly retain value. But the only way the game can move on and take a step from the past is to start a whole new slate with new gear limited to what's currently available.

In no way should half a month of work give a player such a huge advantage over 1.5 years and 2 level caps. As the current pattern plans out, next season's primary gear should be on par with the eye/para-filled gear of this season, adding more balance to the gear differences between players. No matter what, i see the new, upcoming arcane weapons to be op well over a year from now, possibly a year and a half to two years if decked out with eye gems, which is too late to change anyway.

Twink levels have already been greatly affected by these gems and are now made much more exclusive because of that. Already it would take years of itemization for the damage to be controlled, so the best decision would be to allow the existing gems to be limited only to these levels (more of a past-time) so that the endgame (which is the main focus of the game) can actually improve for everybody rather than a select group of people.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

The thing is that in the next expansion para and eye gems will be extremely rare. Therefore meaning para/eye gears will be hard to come by. Mages will suffer a lot without eyes as they pretty much make mages able to kill rogues/warriors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Anyona For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

No.

actually, twinks will be still buying them , so where is problem? price will go up anyways, cuz there will be less of them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

The idea is generally not bad, but it is taken out of the context of the current game reality. The jewel system is quite broken and +5 main stat jewels and higher are unreachable for the average player. Further all your concerns are only relevant in pvp, which is a bonus side of a pve orientated game.
    There is a reason why noble jewels are so expensive, in fact more expensive than the "oh so op eyes". Noble finesse jewels are already better than the second para and pretty much better in pve than eyes (at least from a rogue's perspective)

Anyway as long as the jewel system is broken and higher tier jewels are a mirage, the cheaper " op" gems should stay in the game imho.
    Last edited by Jazzi; 02-02-2016 at 03:54 PM.