Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Expansion coming up soon, Eyes and Paras should not scale!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    You do not need to educate me on the roles of each class, I am well aware of them. Eyes are essential for mages.

They're unable to kill rogues due to their stuns not being affective because of nekro. They rely on crits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with Energizeric and Zylx but I also agree with you. What you have mentioned does have a solution.

Sts can release a new pendant or ring - styled in a way that gives a bonus for each class - for example, for mages it gives bonus crit. (Same thing that a eye does)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    So you are looking at the classes from a PvE perspective, yet your concerns about the gems is from a pvp perspective. I am getting confused now. Those gems are not an issue in PvE and making them not usable for it makes absolutely no sense at all. The only thing one would achieve by doing so is an even higher jewel price.
    I was referring to a more team-based PvP perspective not an individual PvP one. My explanation of the classes was more to explain why the gems were making the mage more of a combination of all three classes rather than as a support class which is the way it should be.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I won't repeat what I've already said a dozen times. I'll just say this:

Either remove old gems - there are many ways to do that in a neat fashion, it's been discussed a lot already.

Or reform the jewel system and make jewels better than gems.

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    I won't repeat what I've already said a dozen times. I'll just say this:

Either remove old gems - there are many ways to do that in a neat fashion, it's been discussed a lot already.

Or reform the jewel system and make jewels better than gems.

Thank you.
    In PL a while ago, they set high liquidation prices on "Forgotten" Weapons, and the economy's quantity of them dropped to where there are only collectors that have them now.

Maybe same can happen with the gems.

And as for jewels, I would like that the gems replaced only the mind/fury/finesse jewels, but kept all the other jewels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Maybe someone should put out an authentic-looking fake STS announcement saying that paras and eyes aren't going to be socketable in the next expansion. That would probably get rid of a bunch.

Seriously though, was the player who impersonated Remiem and put out the fake announcement punished? I know more than a few players who got conned into selling their paras and eyes sooner than they wanted. Clearly, it violated the TOS. Disappointing that a player so bright would use their talents that way and surprising that they would risk losing their account over something so petty.
    There's no evidence to ban anyone, especially if it was done through a third party app. There are a lot of impersonators on Line (a third party app that many who play AL use).
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    In PL a while ago, they set high liquidation prices on "Forgotten" Weapons, and the economy's quantity of them dropped to where there are only collectors that have them now.

Maybe same can happen with the gems.

And as for jewels, I would like that the gems replaced only the mind/fury/finesse jewels, but kept all the other jewels.
    That will be horrible for the economy if that happens. The forgotten weapons generated huge amounts of inflation that PL never recovered from. Now, people need to bring 20 characters (gold cap is 10M/char there) just to buy a 200M weapon...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    That will be horrible for the economy if that happens. The forgotten weapons generated huge amounts of inflation that PL never recovered from. Now, people need to bring 20 characters (gold cap is 10M/char there) just to buy a 200M weapon...
    Lol I forgot about the inflation part

I guess the only option would be to tweak the jewels so that they are better than gems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    There's no evidence to ban anyone, especially if it was done through a third party app. There are a lot of impersonators on Line (a third party app that many who play AL use).
    Evidence irrefutably tying the player to the fake AL announcement that tricked players into selling paras and eyes would probably be difficult if not impossible to get. Of course, the STS's system of enforcement does not involve attorneys and a courtroom. Their burden of proof, it seems, is quite lower.

That said, I doubt anything happens. It's just very disappointing that a player of that kind of talent, with a clear passion for the game, would feel it was ok to dupe the community for what he or she believed was the greater good. It would be one thing if it were poorly done. But it wasn't, and players really did fall for it.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 02-04-2016 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Evidence irrefutably tying the player to the fake AL announcement that tricked players into selling paras and eyes would probably be difficult if not impossible to get. Of course, the STS's system of enforcement does not involve attorneys and a courtroom. Their burden of proof, it seems, is quite lower.

That said, I doubt anything happens. It's just very disappointing that a player of that kind of talent, with a clear passion for the game, would feel it was ok to dupe the community for what he or she believed was the greater good. It would be one thing if it were poorly done. But it wasn't, and players really did fall for it.
    The lesson I would take from that is to never take information from a secondary source to be guaranteed. Until I read something on forums for myself, I personally don't see it as real information. I don't agree with what happened, but I'm listing ways to prevent it for next time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I am so sure this para gems/eyes will destroy this game if sts not bring them back. Just wait.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I vote for "no para and eye on levels above 46" and "'new jewelry please."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

anyway no matter what gems u are using if ur team messed up then it GG (in equal gear condition). at pve no matter what gem u are using, slow pt is a slow pt (FACT). so these "no gems allowed @ next cap suggestion" are senseless.
    team is no 1, second is gear ( pet), rest are jewels/gems. why bothering the last thing u need if dont have no.1 and no.2 . im out ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Im just observing many opinions above.
    So the main problem is on pvp ? So why dont make the extra bonus of the para and eye gem not working on pvp (main stat still counted)
    On the other side - on pve, not bring any commution, even makes other players on the team happy, so no need to eleminate the bonus - just working like current condition.

Thats just my oppinion...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

What if sts makes it where u can't socket eye or para on anything above 46 to keep it out of endgame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Just a thought. The eyes and paras do actually have a negative affect for PvE.

I've heard the argument "i'd love to run with people who stack the eyes and paras".

Ok, say you're in a town or guild looking to organize a party with strangers to run planar tombs. Two mages come up to you and would like to join, but you only have one slot available. Mage1 has a full eye/para set of gear, and mage2 has the same gear filled with weak mind jewels. They both have the same pet. Mage1 has substantially more hp/crit/damage than mage2 despite the similar gear. In a difficult map like Planar Tombs, who would you honestly invite?

Most people would go for the one that stacks the eyes even if they werent the one who asked to join first. That leaves mage2 in the dust because they weren't around to take advantage of the eyes and paras events. How is that fair?

People tend to have preference over eye gemmed mages rather than non-eye mages.

Arcane Legends Discord

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post

I've heard the argument "i'd love to run with people who stack the eyes and paras".

Ok, say you're in a town or guild looking to organize a party with strangers to run planar tombs. Two mages come up to you and would like to join, but you only have one slot available. Mage1 has a full eye/para set of gear, and mage2 has the same gear filled with weak mind jewels. They both have the same pet. Mage1 has substantially more hp/crit/damage than mage2 despite the similar gear. In a difficult map like Planar Tombs, who would you honestly invite?

Most people would go for the one that stacks the eyes even if they werent the one who asked to join first. That leaves mage2 in the dust because they weren't around to take advantage of the eyes and paras events. How is that fair?

I've played with far too many really good "Mage2s" and really bad "Mage1s" to judge players by their gear.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post

This same argument applies for every class. Obviously you would want to run with someone with better stats. This will be an issue even if eyes and para gems are no longer socketable, but next time between superb/ noble and weak/ standard. Do you want to get rid of noble and superb jewels too?

The most likely scenario is the party leader would leave both hanging and invite a rogue.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Do you want to get rid of noble and superb jewels too?
    Yes. If STS grossly overhype their next big thing, like you know "woowee jewels coming, yay yay woohoo", and then it flops like LeBron vs the Dubs, you know.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    This same argument applies for every class. Obviously you would want to run with someone with better stats. This will be an issue even if eyes and para gems are no longer socketable, but next time between superb/ noble and weak/ standard. Do you want to get rid of noble and superb jewels too?

The most likely scenario is the party leader would leave both hanging and invite a rogue.
    Obviously each class has its uses and comparing classes vs jewels/gems is like comparing apples to oranges. Say you actually want a mage to run with you, and then the same scenario i previously described happens.

Class balance is an issue in the class structure. Thus it can be fixed by tweaking something in the class (perhaps the new skill mastery system coming up would help?). This kind of fix shouldn't be substituted by gem augmentation, because gems dont overpower the whole class to be competitive with other classes, it only overpowers a select few of the class and it ruins the balance within the class.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csyui View Post
    No.

There are not many eye gems left in the game now as you thought, and para gems are even rarer. As time goes by, these limited gems will be extinguished sooner or later.

I myself have few para/eye gems left in my stash, but that took me lots of time and efforts to get these exclusive gems during old time event. Your suggestion will make me lose a lot and let me feel my hard work is worthless.
    playing 2 hour during 2014 halloween and buying eye gems for 400k after winter event isn't hard work (or at least that's what i did).

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post: