Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Expansion coming up soon, Eyes and Paras should not scale!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Obviously each class has its uses and comparing classes vs jewels/gems is like comparing apples to oranges. Say you actually want a mage to run with you, and then the same scenario i previously described happens.

Class balance is an issue in the class structure. Thus it can be fixed by tweaking something in the class (perhaps the new skill mastery system coming up would help?). This kind of fix shouldn't be substituted by gem augmentation, because gems dont overpower the whole class to be competitive with other classes, it only overpowers a select few of the class and it ruins the balance within the class.
    Wouldn't that same person pick a full noble jewel mage over a full weak/standard jewel mage? The cost and stat gap between the two is still substantial. I don't really see how this is apples to oranges. A gap is a gap.

I think you're better off making your case for PvP, where stacking eyes makes a huge difference and you can't use effigies to make up for lost crit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Wouldn't that same person pick a full noble jewel mage over a full weak/standard jewel mage? The cost and stat gap between the two is still substantial. I don't really see how this is apples to oranges. A gap is a gap.

I think you're better off making your case for PvP, where stacking eyes makes a huge difference and you can't use effigies to make up for lost crit.
    Perhaps noble and superb jewels should also be removed as King said.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Perhaps noble and superb jewels should also be removed as King said.
    I assume you're joking. If jewels are capped at +6, we might as well get rid of slots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Jewels are accessible- even nobles- albeit after a substantial amount of time and effort. But Para and eyes are better than current jewels (the bonus from the first) AND are not coming back. Hence, apples to oranges.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earlingstad View Post
    Jewels are accessible- even nobles- albeit after a substantial amount of time and effort. But Para and eyes are better than current jewels (the bonus from the first) AND are not coming back. Hence, apples to oranges.
    Eyes 6.5 to 7m
    Paras 11 to 12m
    Noble finesse jewels 11 to 12m

Do you know any players who have successfully farmed a single noble main stat jewel? I don't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I agree.

Enviado de meu XT1058 usando Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Obviously each class has its uses and comparing classes vs jewels/gems is like comparing apples to oranges. Say you actually want a mage to run with you, and then the same scenario i previously described happens.

Class balance is an issue in the class structure. Thus it can be fixed by tweaking something in the class (perhaps the new skill mastery system coming up would help?). This kind of fix shouldn't be substituted by gem augmentation, because gems dont overpower the whole class to be competitive with other classes, it only overpowers a select few of the class and it ruins the balance within the class.
    I'll be honest here. I don't see as much domination of full eye players in PvP as people make it sound like there is. Yes, when one of the few full eye players actually does play a random game (which doesn't happen too much), they give their team a better chance at winning. But that isn't only because of gear. Coincidentally, most of the current full eye players are among the top of their respective classes and usually only clash with players of similar gear. Howany truly full eye (more than 10 eyes and 1 para) players can you name?

Also, the gap between noble and standard jewels will always remain. 4*18= 72 primary stat, which adds up to roughly 80 damage and whatever other benefits that gives. The only solution to make things entirely equal is to remove crafting slots in gear like it was in the nordr expansion.

To all those commenting on my suggestion to remove superb and noble jewels, please don't take it out of context. It was merely meant to make a point, that whether it is gems or jewels, some will always have better stats than others.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Eyes 6.5 to 7m
    Paras 11 to 12m
    Noble finesse jewels 11 to 12m

Do you know any players who have successfully farmed a single noble main stat jewel? I don't.
    Eyes are actually 7.5-8m.
    Para are 14-16m.
    Judging by current trend of price increase, by expansion maybe 10 players in AL will be able to afford full para/eyes. If they are willing to drop 200-300m on it, let them enjoy the stats that come with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I'llIt was merely meant to make a point, that whether it is gems or jewels, some will always have better stats than others.
    That's true, but it's not the point. The point is the people with better stats are and will remain those with discontinued gems vs those with the new and supposedly better jewels. This is a complete flop to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Last but not least this^^. Lack of eye will nerf mages greatly.
    No class should be relying on an event reward to remain competitive. If this is indeed the case, people should be discussing why it is that mages feel they need eyes to compete and what sts might be able to do to fix the issues with the class. Using this as a reason not to move on past items 18 months old isn't really a good argument.

Personally I am tired of nothing ever becoming obsolete because people think if they work for a week for something, it should be good forever. Nothing should work that way. If there is not new and better stuff to earn, and you can still use the old stuff and be "top" (or must use the old stuff to be "top") then we remain in a stagnant state, people get bored and the game loses population. People leave which leads to more boredom and the spiral continues.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    No class should be relying on an event reward to remain competitive. If this is indeed the case, people should be discussing why it is that mages feel they need eyes to compete and what sts might be able to do to fix the issues with the class. Using this as a reason not to move on past items 18 months old isn't really a good argument.

Personally I am tired of nothing ever becoming obsolete because people think if they work for a week for something, it should be good forever. Nothing should work that way. If there is not new and better stuff to earn, and you can still use the old stuff and be "top" (or must use the old stuff to be "top") then we remain in a stagnant state, people get bored and the game loses population. People leave which leads to more boredom and the spiral continues.
    The reason mages are dependent on crit (and hence eyes) is because Nekro took away our main offensive ability: stuns. Now, mages play the role of mana machines and rogues with much better survival. 3 skill mages can kill just as effectively as rogues and the support ones play the intended role of the mage class.

I understand that lightning jewels also give crit, but rogues would 1 combo us through shield. I have 244 str and 722 Int, and about 1540 armor if I maxed out passive. I still can't even tank 2 combos from a rogue without dying. I only get to survive past the first combo because of all the eyes in my gear. If I replaced them all with lightning jewels, I would lose significant damage and over 600 hp (not taking into account the weakened shield because of loss of Int and str).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

The reason mages are dependent on crit (and hence eyes) is because Nekro took away our main offensive ability: stuns. Now, mages play the role of mana machines and rogues with much better survival. 3 skill mages can kill just as effectively as rogues and the support ones play the intended role of the mage class.

I understand that lightning jewels also give crit, but rogues would 1 combo us through shield. I have 244 str and 722 Int, and about 1540 armor if I maxed out passive. I still can't even tank 2 combos from a rogue without dying. I only get to survive past the first combo because of all the eyes in my gear. If I replaced them all with lightning jewels, I would lose significant damage and over 600 hp (not taking into account the weakened shield because of loss of Int and str).
    For the fiftieth time, gems/jewels are not an appropriate substitution for class balance issues. Rather than fixing it for everyone, it just masks the issue with a buff for a limited number of people. Why is it okay for someone who worked a week to have advantage over people who worked a year to try and catch up to them, and still are coming short?

Eyes and paras should go because they are simply too overpowered.

Arcane Legends Discord

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

For the fiftieth time, gems/jewels are not an appropriate substitution for class balance issues. Rather than fixing it for everyone, it just masks the issue with a buff for a limited number of people. Why is it okay for someone who worked a week to have advantage over people who worked a year to try and catch up to them, and still are coming short?

Eyes and paras should go because they are simply too overpowered.
    How many people do u know who farmed all the eyes/ para they are using now? Anyone can buy the gems if they have enough gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

How many people do u know who farmed all the eyes/ para they are using now? Anyone can buy the gems if they have enough gold.
    Even still, the eyes are discontinued, so the only way to get them would be to buy them off of another player, which is still kind of messed up. The best thing should always be obtainable from the game, not solely from the market.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

When did you become a mage?

I believe you missed my point about an event reward not being an appropriate way of addressing what are game-wide balance issues.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I fail to understand why gems had to be discontinued and replaced with jewels, if the proposed solution to remain competitive is "buy gems from the hoarders".

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

When did you become a mage?

I believe you missed my point about an event reward not being an appropriate way of addressing what are game-wide balance issues.
    I am not missing anything. I am saying that if that is the only way to get class balance, we shouldn't be asking for it to be taken away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I am not missing anything. I am saying that if that is the only way to get class balance, we shouldn't be asking for it to be taken away.
    *facepalm*

For the 52nd time, gems/jewels are not an appropriate substitution for class balance issues.. gems dont give class balance, they only make a select few OP and actually makes the class further unbalanced. Instead, STS needs to work on the core skill/stat system to "balance" the entire class
    Last edited by Zylx; 02-11-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Arcane Legends Discord

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

*facepalm*

For the 52nd time, gems/jewels are not an appropriate substitution for class balance issues.. gems dont give class balance, they only make a select few OP and actually makes the class further unbalanced. Instead, STS needs to work on the core skill/stat system to "balance" the entire class
    When that happens I will agree with you. But class balance has been coming through weapons. Sure, tanks got a jugg buff, but it's all the OP weapons they got that set them at the top of the food chain. I see eyes and para gems as other such items to raise a class, just like the arcane sword and mythic set has done for tanks.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Gear balance is pretty good now, gems and jewels aside. Nekro, AR and PP are in reach of everyone with some effort and jewel progression makes it hard to get a real heads up. the jump from superb to noble jewel set cost how much for 18 prime stats? In that light i shake my head that paras and eyes are still allowed to give so much boost. It s the opposite of all other decisions regarding balance this game has taken.