Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New Arcane Weapons! | Available Now in Massive Ren'gol Locked Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

To add to my previous comment, here is an idea I would support:

Add a "bonus" damage stat to the arcane weapons that only applies if paired with a complete glintstone set equipped. Make this bonus stat significant enough so that it will finally make it worthwhile to use the glintstone set over the arcane ring/mythic pendant from last season.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

Add a "bonus" damage stat to the arcane weapons that only applies if paired with a complete glintstone set equipped. Make this bonus stat significant enough so that it will finally make it worthwhile to use the glintstone set over the arcane ring/mythic pendant from last season.
    Nice idea. But we have glinstone weapons. It would just be confusing to have a non-glintsone weapon complete the set.

EDIT:

I guess in theory it can work if it's written in such a way that it applies to the weapon, but it would still be strange.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

That may have been a good idea if it was announced at the beginning of the season. Now, with 2-4 months left, and many players having made the choice not to waste time and gold on the set, it wouldn't be right to force us (I didn't do the set because of the horrendous stats) to make a set to compete.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Fuuuuuuuuu. Selling lockedsssss selling lockedsssss

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Manggasejuk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    At least for the daggers, you lose 36 damage from switching from a bow...STG, can you please rethink the stats? These aren't even worthy to be called arcane right now. The warrior weapon isn't much better either, the damage stats are the exact same as glintstone maul with more DPS. I haven't gotten a chance to check out the staff yet but I will update as soon as I find out.

What is the point of releasing items that are horrible in stats and just guarantee that para/eye gems will get even more of a use?
    Itemization (A.L. definition): releasing new gear with the same or lower stats than that which is already in game, regardless of rarity or level.

By releasing arcane items of these relative stats, items which are in theory supposed to still be viable at level 56, STS is telling us that we have nothing to look forward to or work towards in the coming expansion. If the arcane items (which are supposed to be the strongest items in game) are no better than the current mythic items, then what will the expansion gear look like? We already feared that this "itemization" that is driving players away will continue - and this is just a nail in the coffin for any hope of better gear to come.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey everyone! Really appreciate the feedback. We'll be keeping an eye on what the community thinks as more people obtain the weapons and get to see them in action. While the procs aren't added to the stats, they can make a big difference in power. Definitely keep the feedback coming!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey everyone! Really appreciate the feedback. We'll be keeping an eye on what the community thinks as more people obtain the weapons and get to see them in action. While the procs aren't added to the stats, they can make a big difference in power. Definitely keep the feedback coming!
    So I tested the daggers extensively. Firstly about the skill damage: about 200 less than mythic bows and only 42 more than glinstone daggers (a weapon which is 300 k gold atm). So one might think: "Oh, ok fair enough the skill damage is crap, but hey we got this incredibly nice proc which reduces the armour by 35%". Alas the proc is very very rare and I got 1 per arena run on average (not per boss, per whole run), although I was spamming auto attack all the time.

So as a conclusion sts made fake arcane daggers and to be completely honest I am insulted here: We have an alleged arcane, which is inferior to the lower rarity weapons and a proc which never procs (albeit it sound great on "paper"). Does sts think that we are all that stupid? I am confused

In my honest opinion those daggers were not thought through at all, let alone tested

Dont wait until more people have them and sell them super cheap after getting disappointed in order to fix them. Fix then now pls

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
    To me, arcane weapons look ok, on first reading. If I remember correctly, in some other thread Zeus said, (sry if i'm mistaken) that the arcane weapons should be better than myths ( - not with big margin, but better) - with this i agree an i think that sts did pretty much that.
    True, dagger's dmg is less than the bow's, which is not the case with the arc staff vs myth gun. I suppose sts had their reasons for that decision.

BTW, the dmg difference - dagger vs bow is not that much; on the char i'm testing, its like -23dmg, not -36. This may also depend on the character (on the character's dex and so on).
    Also, my glintstone maul (it's not toughness) definitely has less damage than the arcane sword. About 19 dmg less. Not 0 dmg less.

This is my personal oppinion, i'm not debating with anyone, feel free to agree or disagree. Or ignore Just thought I can say it.
    Check your skill damage. Also I compared clean with clean, so 36 damage is accurate.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Kracken Mines Three Locks looted: 092 Ren'gol crates Luck lix used: 10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

u guys put one of the most powerful proc in a more inferior weap (daggs vs bow) that is what we call balance idk if the daggs proc works like maul though, but ultimately i still find these weaps ok, people rage because they sold their good and premium gemmed lvl 46 equipments at a low price for these arcane weapons ignoring your comment that these myth weaps will still serve as one of the most powerful weapons. I guess these ppl have to just suck it up XD

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Platfarmer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    So I tested the daggers extensively. Firstly about the skill damage: about 200 less than mythic bows and only 42 more than glinstone daggers (a weapon which is 300 k gold atm). So one might think: "Oh, ok fair enough the skill damage is crap, but hey we got this incredibly nice proc which reduces the armour by 35%". Alas the proc is very very rare and I got 1 per arena run on average (not per boss, per whole run), although I was spamming auto attack all the time.

So as a conclusion sts made fake arcane daggers and to be completely honest I am insulted here: We have an alleged arcane, which is inferior to the lower rarity weapons and a proc which never procs (albeit it sound great on "paper"). Does sts think that we are all that stupid? I am confused

In my honest opinion those daggers were not thought through at all, let alone tested

Dont wait until more people have them and sell them super cheap after getting disappointed in order to fix them. Fix then now pls
    this is what we call quality feedback at least some statistics and evidence to back the judgement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

As always new top weapons will be buff after their release....
    I hope sts will not change their mind after releasing each new things. It won't be serious for a game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Platfarmer View Post
    u guys put one of the most powerful proc in a more inferior weap (daggs vs bow) that is what we call balance idk if the daggs proc works like maul though, but ultimately i still find these weaps ok, people rage because they sold their good and premium gemmed lvl 46 equipments at a low price for these arcane weapons ignoring your comment that these myth weaps will still serve as one of the most powerful weapons. I guess these ppl have to just suck it up XD
    The Arcane 2H Sword and the Arcane Staff are the best weapons status of the game. The daggers are lower compared to the mythic bow. Review by Jazzi, the proc is not higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Harness the power of the DRAGON! The new set of Arcane Weapons is now available! The Arcane Dragon Hunter daggers, staff and 2H sword can be found exclusively in Massive Locked Ren'gol crates. Here's a look at the stats:

Proc Details

Daggers:
    Chance on hit to electrocute the target for up to 4 seconds. Every second the Stun has a chance to jump to nearby enemies. Stun reduces armor by 35%, and allows Rogues with the daggers to combo with a 25% chance Dragon's Bite for additional damage.

Staff:
    Chance on hit to apply a DoT that reduces target health by 7% per tick over 5 seconds (2.5% per tick on Bosses and Players). Charged Attack casts new spell: Consecrate - Blesses the ground beneath for 8 seconds, increasing raw damage dealt, crit chance, and reducing damage taken. The initial cast also does damage to nearby enemies. Only one Consecrate can be up at a time, recasting replaces the current one.

2H Sword:
    Chance on attack, Lava Spouts that spawn around the player for 10 seconds, dealing damage and applying a dot. Enrages the warrior with a boost in raw damage and every attack stuns in PvE for the duration of the buff. Players and PvE Bosses have a 20% chance to be stunned on hit instead of 100%.

For more information on these weapons and how they fit into upcoming content, check out the Weekly Community update, here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ebruary-3-2016

Alot of guild mates and friends I know spent to 1-2m got nothing and from the feeling they have most rage quited and some just angry that they get nothing spending so much money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

arcane weps comes once in a blue moon, hope they reconsider a unique effects for them and an aura of POWAAAAH!
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Daggers stats sucks what kind of arcane weapon is that? Should of been legendary..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The (amount of) skill damage depends on the character, if I'm not mistaken - dex/int/str points, items, pet...; even wearing the same weapon, different players can make different damage . I think.
    There are (probably still ) a lot of players in the game; some of them may not have the best gear/pets available. I also compared clean of course. And I personally was talking about the clean damage. Not the DPS, not the damage of some particular skill, like 'aimed', for example. May be we were talking for two different things.
    P.S. After thinking again, may be I shouldn't say: there are 'a lot of' players left in the game . not sure ; aa, I'm going offtopic too much; but when did i care
    You are very mistaken.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soon View Post
    The Arcane 2H Sword and the Arcane Staff are the best weapons status of the game. The daggers are lower compared to the mythic bow. Review by Jazzi, the proc is not higher.
    what jazzi say is that the proc doesnt happen often it doesnt mean the proc is not of the best status, many would agree that arc maul proc is the best in game and daggers proc is similar but nerfed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Is it weird 225 dps on clean dragon hunter dagger has simililar dps attack with 193,5 dps planar dagger full grand? With dragon hunter i get 1307 dps, and with planar dagger i get 1310 dps. I think with 5 lvl gap the new dagger should more overpass its stat

Sent From XT-1022

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This arcane weapon just for sweeping para/eye gems in arlor IMO

Sent from my HS-L695 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

The (amount of) skill damage depends on the character, if I'm not mistaken - dex/int/str points, items, pet...; even wearing the same weapon, different players can make different damage . I think.
    There are (probably still ) a lot of players in the game; some of them may not have the best gear/pets available. I also compared clean of course. And I personally was talking about the clean damage. Not the DPS, not the damage of some particular skill, like 'aimed', for example. May be we were talking for two different things.
    P.S. After thinking again, may be I shouldn't say: there are 'a lot of' players left in the game . not sure ; aa, I'm going offtopic too much; but when did i care
    Well kalizzaa used to be able to solo all elite maps with legendary gears at the time when full pt with only 1 or 2 arc ring have problems with so i would agree that she has skills but she is exceptional, normal ppl like us need OP gears to stay competitive against these beasts, so ur either super rich and can stock up many eyes and paras then use op gears or u have the brains to beat the map (look at some of kalizza's thread to understand what i mean) thats for pve, for pvp u do need skills but ofc some ppl will find it better if they dominate with their op gears. Further more, beast with op gears are recognised, beasts who have skils, well.... they are meh.... unless u make videos or guides or no one except ppl u farm with will ever notice
    Last edited by Platfarmer; 02-04-2016 at 10:10 PM.