Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst Experience

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Default Worst Experience

What was the worst thing that ever happened to you in PL? Bad trade, item lost, died at a bad time, whatever, what was it? For me, the worst thing was either A) The time I lost 10k to a scam I should have seen a mile away (and I only had 19k at the time) and still haven't fully recovered from, or B) When my tablet crashed, cutting me off from PL for a month while a replacement shipped in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Phone call same time you kill boss or just before boss so you not in "drop area" and that round pink drops.. maybe that is common to me becouse i get somekind immunity to get pinks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

When I didn't understand attributes. I added int to my bear bacause I thought it would make me smart. Spent 4 plat trying to fix it.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When your trying to get a lot of kills in a dungeon with less deaths, and you the rest of the players don’t help and you die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

when i was lost 200k in a scam then the next day was perma banned lol asked the devs y it was odd because my acc wasnt band but my ipod was

they sorted it out and fixed it so im still playing (if im not supposed to post this tell me and ill edit it to something else)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Worst day EVER!

Vyxnaar Helm of Hate DISASTER! Lost Almost 10mil that day

DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED.....LMAO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Accidentally buying a level 12 pink leather for 600k like 9 months ago. I had nothing because that was all the money I had from selling my gear. I took a break for 2 months after that, and when I came back the winter festival only had a couple days left. However, luck stuck me, because the next week, the shadow caves were released and my group was one of the first to enter the caves. I farmed till I couldn't farm no more, and struck when the rates were nerfed. I ended up with a death set and a void set and a couple hundred k left over, and thats how I got to where I am today
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hows selling a shadow doll for 15k by accident?
    ...no wonder it sold so fast...
    Jesma - LVL 53 Mage
    Tempestorz - LVL 51 Bird
    Gardestrike - LVL 35 Voodoo Mage
    Mezmizer - LVL 33 Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    Hows selling a shadow doll for 15k by accident?
    ...no wonder it sold so fast...
    Lol. I bought an expert recipe for 300 gold on cs, kinda felt sorry for the guy.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I usually play in train 2-3 hours/day during commute, and my railway runs along a hilly coast with a lot of tunnels. In good moments my ping is 250-350, then suddenly it becomes 1000-2500 and finally I am stuck for 30-60 seconds. I'm used to froze in worst moments and find myself dead when connection is back.

Some months ago I was running in Stronghold with a PUG and I froze immediately after the host and some others were blown by a firegrate. When I got control again I found myself booted by the reason "Mage don't revive - Why should I use plat?" I felt really bad, not for the boot (I am used to interrupt games for connection problems), but because of the misunderstanding: I symphatized with the host and his bad experience with such a mage.

I started a private conversation with the host and eventually we had the clarification and now we are friends. But these moments in the middle were the worst of my PL playing experience!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tamino View Post
    I usually play in train 2-3 hours/day during commute, and my railway runs along a hilly coast with a lot of tunnels. In good moments my ping is 250-350, then suddenly it becomes 1000-2500 and finally I am stuck for 30-60 seconds. I'm used to froze in worst moments and find myself dead when connection is back.

Some months ago I was running in Stronghold with a PUG and I froze immediately after the host and some others were blown by a firegrate. When I got control again I found myself booted by the reason "Mage don't revive - Why should I use plat?" I felt really bad, not for the boot (I am used to interrupt games for connection problems), but because of the misunderstanding: I symphatized with the host and his bad experience with such a mage.

I started a private conversation with the host and eventually we had the clarification and now we are friends. But these moments in the middle were the worst of my PL playing experience!
    I dont know why, but i hardly even get lower than red ping now... it wasnt like this a few weeks before.
    Jesma - LVL 53 Mage
    Tempestorz - LVL 51 Bird
    Gardestrike - LVL 35 Voodoo Mage
    Mezmizer - LVL 33 Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Joining a room with my mage a month back, I figured joining a large group in Captive audience already in progress would be a good thing. Joined, enterered room, died instantly. Appears the group were on the run and each were getting slaughtered one by one. My first 1st death too ughh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Back when I was new, I once joined a disorganized AO2 rush game and got called a noob by the host after we all wiped. I was really upset for the rest of the afternoon, probably because I secretly felt that indeed I had no idea what I was doing and the guy must have been right.

But within a week I had reached the cap, started running with truly good farmers, and realized that the guy just had no idea how to run a farm or what he was talking about.

Later when AO3 came out the same guy once randomly joined our hardcore farming team. I left the game as soon as he joined, but I was told he kept dying every 10 seconds even after potting, and then started whining and begging for gear. Then the host booted him since he wanted me back in the group.

Moral of the story is, people who call others noobs are almost always noobs themselves. Really, I've observed this time and time again. I see them trying to make other players feel bad and they just say the stupidest things. Truly good players seldom waste their time trying to convince others that they're superior. They don't need to - they know who they are and what they can do, and at worst they'll just lock the game and quietly farm while keeping to themselves.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    Back when I was new, I once joined a disorganized AO2 rush game and got called a noob by the host after we all wiped. I was really upset for the rest of the afternoon, probably because I secretly felt that indeed I had no idea what I was doing and the guy must have been right.

But within a week I had reached the cap, started running with truly good farmers, and realized that the guy just had no idea how to run a farm or what he was talking about.

Later when AO3 came out the same guy once randomly joined our hardcore farming team. I left the game as soon as he joined, but I was told he kept dying every 10 seconds even after potting, and then started whining and begging for gear. Then the host booted him since he wanted me back in the group.

Moral of the story is, people who call others noobs are almost always noobs themselves. Really, I've observed this time and time again. I see them trying to make other players feel bad and they just say the stupidest things. Truly good players seldom waste their time trying to convince others that they're superior. They don't need to - they know who they are and what they can do, and at worst they'll just lock the game and quietly farm while keeping to themselves.
    I used to get booted in LE at level 30 because I didn't know how to combo back then. That was maybe, last September. Worst experience. EVER.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I used to get booted in LE at level 30 because I didn't know how to combo back then. That was maybe, last September. Worst experience. EVER.
    Lmao - in Lost Expedition?? Those must be the most "serious" farmers I've ever heard of. I didn't even know what combos were when I was level 30. Also, lol @ the idea of hardcore LE farming. xD
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

when i tried to buy something but the dude was afk, battery died, and another guy bought it....and sells it for more...
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Lmao - in Lost Expedition?? Those must be the most "serious" farmers I've ever heard of. I didn't even know what combos were when I was level 30. Also, lol @ the idea of hardcore LE farming. xD
    Definitely. Looking back at it, it is sort of funny, but it was horrible back then.
    I guess it's just iceberg items. I donno.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Um probabaly not knowing about item scaling during halloween. I woulda had tons of 20 pibks . Also not buying greeb ice items for 100k when they were that much.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've noticed that those who lash out the most do it from an (obviously) false sense of infallibility. If they're taking damage it's because the mages just don't heal. If the run is funky then the bear is a noob. And any more than one second spent dead is inexcusable and cause for a fit, no matter how far out of the way his carcass is. This is the case no matter what the mages or bears are actually doing. It just can't possibly be them.

Thankfully that sort of attitude is very rare, and I never run into these people again - suggesting that the devs are like licketysplit with the temp-banhammer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wanted to sell an item that worth 600k, but when i put it at cs, i forgot a 0 when writting the price. So i sold my item 60k instead of 600k.