Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets discuss the Rogue Arcane Daggers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

There is nothing to discuss. Devs have no good move right now. Only course of action, that won't lead to more outcry, issues and negative long term consequences, is find a time machine and go back a few weeks in time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    There is nothing to discuss. Devs have no good move right now. Only course of action, that won't lead to more outcry, issues and negative long term consequences, is find a time machine and go back a few weeks in time.
    I would hold on and be a little bit more patient, they might have something up their sleeve. Who knows?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I would hold on and be a little bit more patient, they might have something up their sleeve. Who knows?
    Totally agree. Sts always listens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ladymage View Post
    Totally agree. Sts always listens.
    I just hope they don't sit too long on this one and "see how it plays out." There's already been some extensive tests and they do indeed slow down the run and don't make things more effective or faster during runs. This is not the weapon we've been waiting for since kraken hooks. Keeping them as they are will only lead to joke punch lines down the road. "Arcane Dags" will be the next meme to deary.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    What I mean is whether you leave dags like this or buff them - it will lead to issues. In certain circles this is called zugzwang.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    What I mean is whether you leave dags like this or buff them - it will lead to issues. In certain circles this is called zugzwang.
    Yep, check out this thread I posted to help avoid situations like this in the future:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Future-Updates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    I totally agree there is nothing to be done without causing any more mess. this is kinda stressful time that people dont know buff gonna come or not, many people are panicking. As you can see when they made update about warr proc bug fix people took dagger from auc. same stuff gonna happen over and over again. I personally hate this uncertainty.I trust sts that they stand behind their desigion and not play around with tweaking stats of weapons.
    Also stats were introduced before release in weekly community update and it was visible that dagger wont gonna overpower the bow from its stats. the buff or nerf issue could have been discussed during that time not after release. this isnt fun to change stats of weaps after release
    The changes are being put forth Monday.

mesalin

grats your crying worked!
    We didn't crying. We are just post our feedbacks , opinion based on experience and testing from daggers.
    STG listen to it and it's their decision. It's true they failed a little that daggers and now they try to 'repair' it.

<Forgiveness>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Sometimes I wonder who's running this game, players or developers?
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

Its their desicion? oh ok how about the desicion when they release the stats that way in first place. Wasnt it their desicion too?
    yes, the stats were posted, but no one can tell what they actually are on our toon until we actually equip it. After we looted/bought a pair, we saw the final low numbers on raw damage and skill damage. Fine. We'll go for test runs with them all over Arlor in elites and perhaps the Proc can make up for some short coming damage. The runs were slower and had no benefit to actually owning these daggers.

At this point as a player, we bring it to the attention to the developers who just released these weapons that are brand new. No one wants to buy a Playstation 4 only to find out that the Playstation 3 is faster and runs smoother! If it's item progression they're after, it doesn't make sense that the weapon is worse than the predecessor. The decision to buff or nerf such items is left up to the developers which is at the end of the day, based on player feedback. It's a dynamic and never a static process.

For all we know on Monday, they can just say no, they're actually okay as being inferior and new mythic bows will be out at 56 cap to replace them anyways. They could also give them a tiny 10 damage buff just for the purposes of saying they did something. What we're all hoping for is just a weapon that is in line with the other two's OPness and something that we actually want to use. I for one would like to see the later happening because it'll be something to look forward to actually using. Do top players still use 41 Mythic weapons or the 26 Hooks at endgame? It's in the best interest of the game that new stuff is better than the old stuff especially if it's at the top tier "Arcane". Until Monday's announcement, the future of these daggers is still up in the air.

I for one am really interested in seeing what they'll actually do with them. Adding damage alone or increasing the proc rate a little would not bring these things back from the grave. A 100% proc rate would make them too OP at the same time. I'm always psyched to see STS's update Wednesdays and Fridays, and this Dagger discussion over the weekend is actually quite exciting!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

guys, this is a game meant for enjoyment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    Sometimes I wonder who's running this game, players or developers?
    My thoughts on the daggers might be considered unpopular. But i do think a buff stat-wise is unnecessary. The proc however, does need to be fixed. Although granted that game progression on gear seems to be haywire as of late, I still think there needs to be more accountability in terms of planning these things prior to release, rather than put it out there and change it subject to the clamor of the masses. Inadvertently, this might be compounding the imbalance in the game.
    OFFICER - THE COLLECTIVE

15. The Following User Says Thank You to OdMickey For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OdMickey View Post
    My thoughts on the daggers might be considered unpopular. But i do think a buff stat-wise is unnecessary. The proc however, does need to be fixed. Although granted that game progression on gear seems to be haywire as of late, I still think there needs to be more accountability in terms of planning these things prior to release, rather than put it out there and change it subject to the clamor of the masses. Inadvertently, this might be compounding the imbalance in the game.
    If only the proc alone is buffed, you're looking at minus 200 damage over a bow. That would equate to slow runs. Nowadays it's not about finishing, but finishing it faster. Almost anyone who has these endgame best items has beat every single map, but just looking to run them better. It gets repetitive, but better weapons helps! Pvp wise, you're definately currently better off with a bow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

There is no doubt that the damage and proc should be at least comparable to the best mythic weapon in the game. I remember when arcane weapons were practically impossible to get and were amazingly better than the mythic equipment. That should be the case here too. The blades dont even need that big of a buff, just fix proc chance and add a little more dps and we should hear less outcry. Just my opinion.