Thread: Unsticking the seriously stuck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default Unsticking the seriously stuck

I'm trying bear (again). It will be a pure STR tank, but, in the meantime, I'm playing with my old tank. I've noticed that some critters and some bosses will get stuck and I can't use the Beckon/Stomp combo on them or pull them away from another player. Is there some secret to getting them unstuck from the floor that I'm missing? Taunt and Beckon are both maxed on my old bear and I've tried Crushing Blow and Hell Roar to disorient them prior to Beckon, but.... Any helpful hints would be gratefully received.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

this is probably just that stomp or beckon missed. sometimes stomps kickback fails too
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

beckon only works if the enemy is targeted onto you. only if u have the aggro.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Nah register it works all the time.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

oh it does? I thought i read somewhere to use taunt before beckon cuz it has to be targeted...well....it prob just missed, thats all

lol that reminds me of when i was pvping and after i killed a guy, the same dude rushed me before i could blow myself up with a barrel...but i got to the barrel just in time to shoot it and kill him properly...well....i DODGED the barrel lmao....so he killed me...:/
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You said you are pure str tank, maybe because your hit% is too low which will affect the efficiency of beckon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register:336237
    oh it does? I thought i read somewhere to use taunt before beckon cuz it has to be targeted...well....it prob just missed, thats all

lol that reminds me of when i was pvping and after i killed a guy, the same dude rushed me before i could blow myself up with a barrel...but i got to the barrel just in time to shoot it and kill him properly...well....i DODGED the barrel lmao....so he killed me...:/
    Beckon actually works best with a taunt, but no target, i.e. run into mob, taunt, beckon (Without pressing auto or targeting), hellscream, stomp. I know this cuz ellyidol says so

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Yes, hit% has a lot to do with it. If your going to be str its best not to be pure str, to increase hit% try restating and adding atleast 1/3 of overall points to dex. I'm dual stat with 137str/147dex and my beckon works 10x better while equipped with dex gear vs str gear. Also Register is correct, tuant gives you agro and if you lose agro on multiple targets beckons effects are greatly reduced. This is why its important to use tuant right before beckon, this allows bigger pulls