Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mage, Warrior, or stay with Rogue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Default Mage, Warrior, or stay with Rogue?

Im currently a rogue but i wanna spice up the gameplay and change to a warrior or mage. Ive got experience with all three classes as ive mained on each at one point. Im stuck between the three, so which should i main now?

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Zylx I don't think u like other classes u will go back to being rogue after a while xd.. Mage class is something u can try ( I am noob mage so I can't comment much) ..u can choose Warrior class well ,if u can afford arcane sword ,grind planar/glintstone mythics/ I consider planar pendent still the best , arcane ring nekro, singe u should be good to go (I myself am warrior xd) and bunch of weak to excellent fury gems ) again depends if u pvp or pve .. Different builds for both that u should consider
    Last edited by radiking; 02-05-2016 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I'd still go keeping all options open. I also have level capped toons in every class but as radiking said, you'll always go back to rogue. If you can afford having all para items. go for warr. 1 para 2 eye items, go for rogue and mage and you'll enjoy the game so much lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by typemyname View Post
    I'd still go keeping all options open. I also have level capped toons in every class but as radiking said, you'll always go back to rogue. If you can afford having all para items. go for warr. 1 para 2 eye items, go for rogue and mage and you'll enjoy the game so much lol.
    Aren't you that same person who disses ppl for playing warrior class???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

If it helps ya... I'd suggest mage. Being that, crowd control as a mage never gets old... But mostly, the feeling of being OP in some maps yet being able to heal a bunch of mana-less rogues and warriors is a satisfying feeling at times.

Kind of feels like yr helping everyone to help yrself.. It's a level of satisfaction that I don't feel other classes provide.

Primarily speaking of PvE, of course....

h i G h $ o c i E t y . .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Iuxor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

This game is design for Rogues. So yeah, go Rogue!

mesalin

You know what? Choose whats give to you most fun!

<Forgiveness>

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mesalin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I'm a Rogue but Mage class gives me a lot of joy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

My main is a rogue as well, but honestly sometimes mage is so much fun, that I often think about switching to mage completely. All the arcane pets I have on my rogue is the main thing holding me back .

Anyway I suggest mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

I love Mage and has always been my fav whether it's been pvp or pve.

Rogue is fun but i always end up going back to mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Pls don't put PvE, mage and heal all in one post.

No half decent mage should be healing. If I ever have the badluck to come across a Nott using heal in Elites I leave immediately, if a Nott uses heal in km3 I ask them to switch if they don't respond I kick, people much rather have a 4 dps/3 DPS one shield skill Nott than a 2 DPS/heal/shield using Nott.

Reasons why one should never use heal on a Nott:

1) pulls aggro.
    2) deaths, for you and party when you pull aggro and die.
    3) one less DPS skill.
    4) longer runs.
    5) longer runs=more red zones=more deaths.
    6) no decent rogue or warrior wants a Nott using heal at endgame PvE.

Heal is a skill meant for PvP, even using heal to "replenish" teammates in towns is a sacrilegious crime in the Nottalogy Guidebook.

To the OP stick to your rogue unless your going bankrupt with those mana potion supplies.
    see... you are so clever when u stick to mage stuff :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Mageeeeee , too much brain crushing decisions for warriors . I was a Warrior at first then changed into mage because of the Too much damage it has got and Great AoE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Mage and war is fun to play
    Mage have to control the mobs and a lot fun
    Wat have to protect ally's but you need time to be pro war
    I think mage is fun
    Rogue only fun in pvp for 1 shot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Im currently a rogue but i wanna spice up the gameplay and change to a warrior or mage. Ive got experience with all three classes as ive mained on each at one point. Im stuck between the three, so which should i main now?
    I have tried all 3 classes and i will tell u my experience. First class i used was rogue, played a few months, pvped and got bored so i switched to warr. When i was using warr, i didnt know about attracting aggro and timing the heal and stuff until i joined this wonderful guild called chivalrous union and those skilled warrs taught me about it. Took me around a week to get everything right, right stats and right skills, that process of testing out different sets of skills and equipment was unexpectedly fun and attracting aggro is so fun too, i like it when i see none of my dps dies from the run. I played warr all the way since forgetting about rogue even though i had samael in it which i spent months and months of lock farm to get(sam was like 30m back then) So u could see how much i enjoyed warr even though i spent so much effort building an OP rogue. Then i took a 1 year break from AL, came back and found out that cu disbanded (previously it was a good guild that even the gm and co gm doesnt mind 2 warr in a pt which i really appreciate now coming to see how warrs are condemned in other guilds) so yea i found out that warr are not very welcomed in events so i reluctantly went back to my rogue, farmed again for 2 months to buy up all the most dated equipments and arcane pets to find myself getting bored of it yet again ( yes i opened mari, toor and nek on rogue, wasted my gold again since i dont enjoy playing rogue XD) So i picked up on mage now with minimal knowledge of what to expect and the first thing i did was find a teacher who could guide me on how to run km3 fast (Big thanks to Diggdugg ) and through that i also learnt some mechanics on how mage works myself and am fascinated by the array of skills that can be used as combos like stun/freeze the mobs first , whim aa then clock them down or clock stun then freeze after they wake or stuff like that ( still in the process of figuring out more stuff) and with the new skill from arcane staff, mage is so much more interesting than the mundane tap aimed, nox and sp as fast as u can combo and sometimes changing between viel, trap and razor. the only thing i enjoy about rogue is that i can easily solo most elite maps ( which was a time killer when events are over) and complete quests like arcane parchment independently when other guildies are busy. So to sum it up

Pros of rogues
    1. Easy to find event pt
    2. OP enough to solo most if not all maps
    3. harder to screw up (mistapping any skills would not affect a pve run more than say warr not being able to fully charge his heal or mage timing his clock wrong)

Cons of rogues
    1. Too dry
    2. Expensive gears
    3. event lb is a lot harder to get on

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Mages are fun to play with, but rouges are better imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I still play all three, so i say one of each.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    My main is a rogue as well, but honestly sometimes mage is so much fun, that I often think about switching to mage completely. All the arcane pets I have on my rogue is the main thing holding me back .

Anyway I suggest mage
    Omg same here! Changing classes would be so much easier if i didnt invest so much into pets for my rogue haha.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melberly View Post
    I have tried all 3 classes and i will tell u my experience. First class i used was rogue, played a few months, pvped and got bored so i switched to warr. When i was using warr, i didnt know about attracting aggro and timing the heal and stuff until i joined this wonderful guild called chivalrous union and those skilled warrs taught me about it. Took me around a week to get everything right, right stats and right skills, that process of testing out different sets of skills and equipment was unexpectedly fun and attracting aggro is so fun too, i like it when i see none of my dps dies from the run. I played warr all the way since forgetting about rogue even though i had samael in it which i spent months and months of lock farm to get(sam was like 30m back then) So u could see how much i enjoyed warr even though i spent so much effort building an OP rogue. Then i took a 1 year break from AL, came back and found out that cu disbanded (previously it was a good guild that even the gm and co gm doesnt mind 2 warr in a pt which i really appreciate now coming to see how warrs are condemned in other guilds) so yea i found out that warr are not very welcomed in events so i reluctantly went back to my rogue, farmed again for 2 months to buy up all the most dated equipments and arcane pets to find myself getting bored of it yet again ( yes i opened mari, toor and nek on rogue, wasted my gold again since i dont enjoy playing rogue XD) So i picked up on mage now with minimal knowledge of what to expect and the first thing i did was find a teacher who could guide me on how to run km3 fast (Big thanks to Diggdugg ) and through that i also learnt some mechanics on how mage works myself and am fascinated by the array of skills that can be used as combos like stun/freeze the mobs first , whim aa then clock them down or clock stun then freeze after they wake or stuff like that ( still in the process of figuring out more stuff) and with the new skill from arcane staff, mage is so much more interesting than the mundane tap aimed, nox and sp as fast as u can combo and sometimes changing between viel, trap and razor. the only thing i enjoy about rogue is that i can easily solo most elite maps ( which was a time killer when events are over) and complete quests like arcane parchment independently when other guildies are busy. So to sum it up

Pros of rogues
    1. Easy to find event pt
    2. OP enough to solo most if not all maps
    3. harder to screw up (mistapping any skills would not affect a pve run more than say warr not being able to fully charge his heal or mage timing his clock wrong)

Cons of rogues
    1. Too dry
    2. Expensive gears
    3. event lb is a lot harder to get on
    Thanks for the feedback!

I started off as a warrior during the 26, 31, and most of the 36 cap and somehow i enjoyed it quite well. Only thing i didnt like about the class was that it felt slow and soloing seemed like a slow grind. I enjoyed the looks and weapons of warriors though haha.

About 3/4 of the way through the 36 cap, i switched to a mage. I loved the gameplay of using AoE skills to clear large groups of mobs simultaneously! It was a huge blast! Especially seeing the fire explode and the clock drop gave me the feel of a powerful mage. The skills look beautiful and the class seems awesome.

About 1/4 of the way through the 41 cap, i decided to main as a rogue. At the time, the class seemed ridiculously OP both in PvE and PvP. I enjoyed 1-hitting mobs and stuff, but the gameplay seemed bland. I didnt have too much fun with the class.

So for me:

Warrior: Best looking class
    Mage: Best gameplay
    Rogue: Most OP.

Right now, im torn between rogue and mage :P

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Pls don't put PvE, mage and heal all in one post.

No half decent mage should be healing. If I ever have the badluck to come across a Nott using heal in Elites I leave immediately, if a Nott uses heal in km3 I ask them to switch if they don't respond I kick, people much rather have a 4 dps/3 DPS one shield skill Nott than a 2 DPS/heal/shield using Nott.

Reasons why one should never use heal on a Nott:

1) pulls aggro.
    2) deaths, for you and party when you pull aggro and die.
    3) one less DPS skill.
    4) longer runs.
    5) longer runs=more red zones=more deaths.
    6) no decent rogue or warrior wants a Nott using heal at endgame PvE.

Heal is a skill meant for PvP, even using heal to "replenish" teammates in towns is a sacrilegious crime in the Nottalogy Guidebook.
    Amusing opinion... Although, Nott everyone may agree.

That's what makes this game fun tho, is the versatility and uniqueness. I guess I enjoy being the stand out mage healing as much as possible... I guess I'm a bit more genuine than I thought, according to your statements..

btw: Why must every thread go off topic?
    Last edited by Iuxor; 02-07-2016 at 02:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

.... You really know how to hijack a thread with off-topic babble.

I gave Zylx my input on class perspective. If you don't like it, av, that's your opinion, and you are surely entitled to it.

I'm not sure why yr bringing up who runs with healers and who doesn't... Highly irrelevant. "The guild that you know of" and "ppl that you know who won't run with healers" won't be healed.. That's a fact. Not an opinion. I don't understand your criticism. Maybe STS should make a client without healing for YOU.. But, they made a client and a class with healing for ME... And that's my prerogative.. " people much rather have a 4 dps/3 DPS one shield skill Nott than a 2 DPS/heal/shield using Nott." I don't use shield. So I'm 3 dps skills and healer. Why would someone want to run with a mage with only 3 dps skills and a shield? Because it's all personal preference.

Apologies to Zylx for hogging up his thread... Nott continuing with this pissing match though.
    Last edited by Iuxor; 02-07-2016 at 01:39 PM.