Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is making a warrior worth it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Many warriors nowadays have either switched to rogue or maybe even mage. The ones that stick around are mostly due to the fact that they invested too much in their warrior and probably dont want to start again with another character but if they could go back in time would choose a rogue. Maybe even mage. Theres no major benefit to switching to warrior and nothing your rogue cant do that a warrior can. Rogue is best character in both pvp and pve.
    I dont think warrior is all that bad it could be actually worth switching to but i really dont think rogue is the best in anything ive played it before, its expensive, they die a lot and many other downsides but mages have the arcane shield healing any status ailment and granting three seconds of invincibility. Warriors cant make fast gold besides merching or km3 but thats the only downside for me its cheap, good in pvp. I mainly play warrior and mage but i play rogue sometimes i dislike it i only use it now because of bard dailies lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Ray Robbins View Post
    I am a warrior and they just nerfed the arc sword afer all bought, for one week the warriors were finally able to be of equal threat, and finally relivent again, now sword is no good and ask any warriors that having quit playing after today, they all agree,we are the class that is obviously not needed, I will quit also today, I've spent too much money to be nerfed or " bug fixed" ,when rogues complain about something, they get their way, they have been able to one shot hit crit us ,noone cared,so obviously the warriors class and feelings are errillivent,short answer,, NO,don't build warrior, we get no respect: (
    Yeah warriors do get no respect just nerfed and fixed Sts should make it fair like a damage and health increase because a warrior around 8k-9k health can still get 1 hit from a rogue with 30 crit and rogues complain when they get in the arena with warriors which is actually really stupid warriors deserves ways of getting gold and not get disrespected and discriminated while doing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I just started a warrior. Im lv14 now, and I havent seen a sword/shield drop ever. All I find are two handed axes, swords, and mauls. And when I check the auction, all weapons in my level range cost about 500 gold, yet sword and shield weapons are priced over 40k. Why are they so hard to get? Im a shield lover in rpgs. Will this be a problem even in endgame?

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan4210 View Post
    I just started a warrior. Im lv14 now, and I havent seen a sword/shield drop ever. All I find are two handed axes, swords, and mauls. And when I check the auction, all weapons in my level range cost about 500 gold, yet sword and shield weapons are priced over 40k. Why are they so hard to get? Im a shield lover in rpgs. Will this be a problem even in endgame?
    At endgame you just loot or buy the arcane sword and you are ready to go, no other weapon needed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    At endgame you just loot or buy the arcane sword and you are ready to go, no other weapon needed!
    Whats the arcane sword? Is that like the strongest weapon in the game that everyone uses? Does it come in different forms (sword and shield, 2H axe, 2H maul, etc.)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

good weapons comes from event chest/elite golden chest/locked crates...thats all ty

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Whats the arcane sword? Is that like the strongest weapon in the game that everyone uses? Does it come in different forms (sword and shield, 2H axe, 2H maul, etc.)?
    arc sword no.1 weap for tank because of its insane lava pool proc..no.2 goes to glintstone aegis for its stacking shield that taunts the enemy plus add armor and BOOM!! ! all mobs dead.

for the design arc sword is 2H sword and for aegis comes with a shield..for 2H maul there u hv glintstone maul and old Maul of Ollerus (my dream weap)..latest weapon u can see new mythic 51 flame forged hammer..idk any good of it atm...ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

whats your current lvl now..if u r not endgame yet better use legendary weapon like galen maul potency/storm sword potency..it hv awesome proc like toor's AA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dinzly View Post
    whats your current lvl now..if u r not endgame yet better use legendary weapon like galen maul potency/storm sword potency..it hv awesome proc like toor's AA

Now im lvl 29. For gear, I dont know if this is the normal way, but every 5 levels I just buy new legendaries from the CS. I always spend around 2k for a full set (including ring and necklace). I never found useful drops. I always relied on the CS for gearing up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Also whats the best companion for a tank? I use courage, but I mostly bought the kit for the xp bonus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

as others have said, make a rogue or Mage. I find myself left asking to pt for hours on my old tank and gave him up. my Mage with a nekro gets invites all the time without even asking. never really got into rogue due to lack of damage when it comes to aoe skills. not bolt is and aimed shot is all you need for bosses and it tends to get boring fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I should add. warrior twink kicks butt. be weary of 18 to 20 range thought. rogues kick my butt but mages are easy again with the korruption nerf

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starlordxx View Post
    Warrs are awesome now lol
    Yeah i think so

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I enjoy my warrior which was my first and main. I have a mage that's in the 60s and I really enjoy playing him but my warrior is so much better gear and pets wise. But all in all tank is fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

i am leveling a warrior and have him up to lvl 60. I have all character classes and although the warrior has great survivability. It's my least favorite char class. I almost want to compare the char game play to watching paint dry. Just IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allset View Post
    i am leveling a warrior and have him up to lvl 60. I have all character classes and although the warrior has great survivability. It's my least favorite char class. I almost want to compare the char game play to watching paint dry. Just IMO.
    Tank is only good on the hardest of maps mostly useless for leveling and doing easy maps/events and you do need to rely on proc to do dmg/help team do dmg imo it's hardest class to play and do well at but once you do get good at it it's fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Ya, in theory, tank should be useful in the hardest map. Btw, the hardest map? Are we talking about Hydra ... Laugh in Tears...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Obooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Unfortunately we have many tanks that are not capable of tanking on the tougher maps. This, in the long run, ruins our credibility with the other classes.

I do have to say that I am also critical of undergeared and ineffective rogues and mages as well.

For any warrior, work on building your reputation with your guild and friends. You will find that once you have a good reputation, you will be invited to parties all the time.

Goodluck!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Nope! Unless they change warrior as a debuff class. Debuff mobs and bosses with their skills. Warriors will then def be invited to parties, especially elite parties or bosses with extremely high armour. Warrior has been a neglected class in this game like forever, just read all the old posts by warriors of yesteryear who either became rogue or subsequently quit.
    Last edited by Tuhguhbuhbuh; 09-30-2018 at 08:27 AM.

MAGE OF DEVIANT MISFITSKGKGKFK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Idk, I had fun