Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: eCONOMY

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

All I can do anymore is sit back with my popcorn and lol at all this banter. Sts is in the business of making money. They used to have a good handle on the fun factor and a decent balanced economy. Now it's like a free for all and we all buy right into every time. The game is different now. No thrill of the elite drop, no excitement from seeing your gem go grand in craft. Nobody even kills bosses anymore unless for achievement and that itself speaks volumes about the way the game is currently set up. Crafting started off well and added an interesting aspect, but sts took it too far and crafting has taken over the majority of content here. It feels like homework. Don't even get me started on jewels...What a horrible idea. To fathom even just being plus 15 on an all new set of gear at new cap blows my mind. I saw someone did the math and it's 354k cracked to max ur gear at 56...Really? That's not reasonable and definitely not "fun".
    What did you ppl expect from allowing crafting of brood crates after event? You got what you wanted, worthless crates. And no they aren't down strictly because of what's inside, those crates are 2x chance at the better of the new mythic weapons. These weapons (glint gun, bow and aegis) are completely relevant still. Higher skill dmg and better suited for pvp. Brood crates are down because of a saturated market. Period.
    There used to be 2 types of players, 2 ways to play and be successful (make gold), the "elite farmer" (relatively plat free farming of elite pink drops) and the "crate popper" (plat user opening crates for loot). I myself preferred farming as it was more fun, more consistent and felt more like playing a game than gambling. It was also comparatively lucrative with a bit of work. Now the elite farmer is all but gone, this method of play rendered useless by the developer themselves. This economy is the way it is because is driven solely by plat. Ppl buy bundles and covert to gold by selling ankhs and luck lix cuz there's no alternative. Coincidence? I think not. Need jewels? Here, buy this limited time jewel elixer or jewel chest for a chance at a drop. These jewel drop rates are abysmal but there's new gear every 2 months now. Coincidence?
    In a plat driven economy, there will never be stability. Combine this reality with the monotony that has become of crafting and questing and it's leaving us wanting more. Here's my suggestion...expect less.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post: