Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: eCONOMY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Default eCONOMY

Hello STS,

How would a STS developer would feel if he/she works hard for couple of months to get bonuses from work so he/she can finally afford his dream car ? And after buying it , ( for example VOLKSWAGEN ) next day to find out that it costs -50% less ?

It's time to really find game consultants which they know how to test new items and how to make the economy keep up with these new items.. Because what happend this week... is just beyond my limits of understanding. STS decides to release arcane daggers , which were supposed to make mythic bow look like something much less used by people who want to be op. Let's remember before the arcane daggers were released.. the fervor bow clean costed 4-5m less . So after releasing the daggers, what happens? The old mythic product is better than the new arcane product . Supply and demand and bows's price are increasing in next 24hours ! And then " guys wait wait ! we just find out that daggers are not good for their rarity ! Monday expect a fix ". Price is decreasing drastically ... like second time in 2 weeks of same product.

On another hand. Brood crates were supposed to cost more than 3x rengol crates. STS should think before releasing some shocking news to the world. Like how to protect their costumers investements more than 2 months. Not all MMOs are like this. Please don't tell me I'm wrong. You are supposed to farm to make gold and then buy your dream item... and after some shocking news... boom! your item costs nothing. You worked for nothing. You did a good job farming rengol crates... now people can open more.

Besides having nothing to farm in game after releasing awesome news about lvl 56 . Everybody gave up farming fangs. Why to farm them ? What to do in game? I rather stay on forum and do the same thing like everybody else. Waiting for more shocking news . Do you feel me?

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

This thread is not about me. I'm expressing my cocerns about the economy flow. I hope I'm going to be accused less of game changing devaluations and other ghosts and monsters . Narrow minds won't understand my thread. I don't blame them doe !

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

mesalin

Finally somebody speak the truth!

<Forgiveness>

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mesalin For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i fill you bro i bought maridos for 1.7m and now it drops to 1m im planning on quiting this game i also lost real money

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chummier248 View Post
    i fill you bro i bought maridos for 1.7m and now it drops to 1m im planning on quiting this game i also lost real money
    I bought arcane ring for 35m now its 2m O.o"

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i agree man , another thing that isnt fair that if u spend a lot of money in sts then u decide to open some type of lock , and if u get something crappy you basically just waisted your money on sts , you gaved away your money to sts , thats bull man , sts is just hungry for money , and are you serious 40 plat to open a jewel chest -.- like how pathetic can they get

11. The Following User Says Thank You to steversj For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

But its really depends on the merching intuition, sometimes I lose golds but most of the time I win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Nothing is ever certain in Live games. We take our best guess, but until something gets out into the wild we really don't know how it will be used with the near-infinite combinations that exist.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

The problem lies within the rarity of the item and its supply/demand. As of the rengol expansion they made arcane and mythic more available. Of course when an item of arcane comes out there are so many people that want that item immediately so they pay big coin for it. My advice to people is let the item settle its price for a bit before u buy even if it takes a month or 2. Mythic and arcane rarity seems to be like the old legendary. I believe also that they are bringing out a new type of rarity I read in the q16 letter. Correct me if I'm wrong hopefully this is like the old arcane but items won't be too op.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Woolley For This Useful Post:

Arlor in a little village called tindrin elites
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I feel you titanium I farmed up like 300+ recipes and till now I've got 213 brood crates and the left of recipes and till now just noticed there like 25k or something that's a disappointment I mean now large rengol cost more than brood crates but on the good side in a few months it will increase so don't be to upset all this happened cause more and more items are available to any player who buys and opens crates so opening more crates the cs/auc floods up with all these new items and arcane which become cheap and makes everything cheap I really like when things are cheap cause I get to buy my dream items and if things like this happens we will never earn money since everything is cheap I mean I will love it if the arcane weapons where farmable so we can make money out of it , I understand sts needs to earn profit so they can pay the employees but I'm guessing a better way they can earn money is if they made chest for jewels like the jewel chest which drops standard and above it will be good for the ones who buy plat and maybe add some new vanities and plat purchasable pets in my opinion
    Last edited by oekeone; 02-07-2016 at 07:17 PM.
    Stay cool🌊🌊🌊💨💨 Caveman spongebob meme

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Titanium... tbh all these price raise and drop are very normal. Nobody can really predict them. I invite everyone to do like me and wait until things are stable before buying or selling any item.

You will either loose money or not. Regarding new weapons, new ones are usually better and expect bug fixes and buff/nerfs. If you don't sell your weapon, the value will go down anyways and that's very predictable. Now the first days for the new item are never sure. it might go very high, or very low in few days.

Want a real example? How about buying a new PC or a new phone? You might want to wait for the reviews to go out so you know if you buy the new phone or not. Regarding stock market, nobody REALLY knows how things will go. Regarding Volkswagen, it took the company one year for them to get stabbed with a 20-30% value loss. Yep, they knew about the scandal for a long while before taking action.

StS should be worrying about the items value. it's all about the players. They don't have direct control over the auction. They can't start thinking about releasing or not because the market value and all those problems. However, browsing forums is a good way to know what is going to happen and how things will go. Remiem did inform players about the arrival of new arcane weapons and expansion in November or December I think. I will have to check that out...

TBH Titanium if everyone was aware of everything that was going to happen... how better is the economy going to be? How better the merch is going to be? Less sudden highs/lows? New items will still have an insane value at the beginning and their value will drop and make the older items value less... unless it's an egg, a vanity or a discontinued item. Want to know the truth? You'll always be the loser if you don't pay plats.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Arlor in a little village called tindrin elites
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    Titanium... tbh all these price raise and drop are very normal. Nobody can really predict them. I invite everyone to do like me and wait until things are stable before buying or selling any item.

You will either loose money or not. Regarding new weapons, new ones are usually better and expect bug fixes and buff/nerfs. If you don't sell your weapon, the value will go down anyways and that's very predictable. Now the first days for the new item are never sure. it might go very high, or very low in few days.

Want a real example? How about buying a new PC or a new phone? You might want to wait for the reviews to go out so you know if you buy the new phone or not. Regarding stock market, nobody REALLY knows how things will go. Regarding Volkswagen, it took the company one year for them to get stabbed with a 20-30% value loss. Yep, they knew about the scandal for a long while before taking action.

StS should be worrying about the items value. it's all about the players. They don't have direct control over the auction. They can't start thinking about releasing or not because the market value and all those problems. However, browsing forums is a good way to know what is going to happen and how things will go. Remiem did inform players about the arrival of new arcane weapons and expansion in November or December I think. I will have to check that out...

TBH Titanium if everyone was aware of everything that was going to happen... how better is the economy going to be? How better the merch is going to be? Less sudden highs/lows? New items will still have an insane value at the beginning and their value will drop and make the older items value less... unless it's an egg, a vanity or a discontinued item. Want to know the truth? You'll always be the loser if you don't pay plats.
    Yes so true last year in the birthday event arcane pets reached 800k!! And fossil like 700k-900k
    Stay cool🌊🌊🌊💨💨 Caveman spongebob meme

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

"And after buying it , ( for example VOLKSWAGEN ) next day to find out that it costs -50% less ?"

You must have never purchased a car because that's actual exactly what happens...value instantly decreases the second that car comes off the lot. This is a video game and it's yours and everyone else's choice to spend real money. The devs have nothing to do with how much we as players are willing to pay and not pay for items . New content comes and old become obsolete it's just the way the world works. Believe me when I say prices and value of things dont just drammitcally change over night in AL, this happens quite often in the real world as well. Sh** or get off the pot man

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagleye For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

And to play on more real life scenarios... Automobile manufacturers often release new cars(weapons) only to find out shortly after that they must recall that said item(arcane car) due to a flaw or consumer dislike... Therefor "theoretically" lowering the desirability of that car to a number of people, which in turn may affect the resell value....

h i G h $ o c i E t y . .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

yes, I hoarded a lot of brood locks, and now it costs half of the price I bought them for >.< (and decreasing)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iuxor View Post
    And to play on more real life scenarios... Automobile manufacturers often release new cars(weapons) only to find out shortly after that they must recall that said item(arcane car) due to a flaw or consumer dislike... Therefor "theoretically" lowering the desirability of that car to a number of people, which in turn may affect the resell value....
    Unless you buy a toyota

Toyota never dies, Top Gear approves.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Name:  54535775.jpg
Views: 2758
Size:  105.5 KB

Lol..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Last year, at lovecraft event, people spent over 500k buying lovecraft chests to loot the golden winged vanities. Sooo many complained to make the golden wings tradeable... Nothing happened. Same for St Patrick and people merching green and blue eggs and red eggs were sooo rare and people buying sooo many arlorian eggs to have a chance at obtaining the all mighty arlorian egg shell ring. The worst is that the ring wasnt that good. It was called mythic because of the 10% luck proc. People spent a looooot of money on a ring that never was really good... Just had stats for farming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I also hoarded a lot of arc egss. now they're like 1mil

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

i hope u remember my post " reasons why people quitting" i got about 50 comment in 1 day where 70-75% agreed...same topic like u, but i did it in an angry manner and boom sts deleted it.. well its not that really angry tho. i just presented what is real....

TITANIUM fyi sts always do something so that we will start craving and craving for plats.. STS dont care if market price will go low, they dont care about players investment.

example:
    player:i farmed lock for 1month just to buy grit maul(3m) and now the price is 1m?
    sts be like...sorry its your fault,you bought the wrong item...u made a bad decision
    player:i made a lot of investment, i put a lot of hard work into it and the price is so low now!
    sts be like: its your choice u made a bad investment...i dont really care about that because its your fault you invest that thing
    player: i opened a lot of lock, i i used a lot of money to get a what u call "WORT IT ITEM" and now!! that worth it item i got now cost 70% lesser...STS!! I did not use a lot of my money just to get an item cost 1m!!!!
    sts be like: sorry but we did not force u to open lock, its your own decision, its your choice

sts you have the power to control the market!! i know u can balance it by doing something or by not doing something(4 consecutive plat event)
    maybe because u just dont care or maybe its not just your priority, and whats your priority ??plat demands?? (thrs no such thing as free lunch) thats the quote i know that explains sts point of view...thats why i understand sts because this is also business...

i hope this issue will not be the forum topic again in the next future updates....

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anague For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

sts...
    Name:  60536162.jpg
Views: 1939
Size:  45.7 KB