Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: eCONOMY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Stop comparing prices from months ago to now, move on you know the moment you buy an item there is a chance for it to devalue by 200%, youre just blinded by its usability/ during that time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by konafez View Post
    I remember when the old locks were selling forv3k, blood gems for 2k and dragonite bars for 750k .. and me drooling over a bone saw in cs that was priced at 12mill knowing I would never be able to buy it..

Prices go up..they go down..its just how it is, you arlorian kids these days don't know how good you have it..
    Makes you feel a bit like Bjorn, huh?

Name:  bjorn.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  46.8 KB
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Makes you feel a bit like Bjorn, huh?

Name:  bjorn.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  46.8 KB
    Catches himself yelling at twinks to get off his lawn...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    I agree with most of what you have said but I also get Titanium's point of view. While it is normal and acceptable for the market to be fluctuating and for newer items to devalue older ones, the time span between new items needs to be more or less stable and this factor can be controlled by sts. For example the Brood Locked Crates. I fail to understand what exactly that gimmick was. Shall we call it a fiasco or a joke? Did those event crates and the loot inside even have a shelf-life? Its just an example of utter disregard for customer investments.

So my point is, yes we accept "in with the new out with the old" notion. BUT let us follow this, while keeping in mind that players should atleast have some time to enjoy the benefits of what they have acquired. Even in the real world, the expiry date of an item is predictable. In AL atleast lets make new releases at regular intervals instead of doing it all haphazard.
    Well said bro.
    The shelf life of items should be much longer then what was done with the sudden release of items.
    I personally think that the main problem in prices has been caused by the forthcoming expansion & the fact that the lvl gap had a difference of 10 levels. A shorter lvl gap would keep items viable but a 10 lvl difference annhilates their effectivity stats wise.
    Brood lock weapons would have been viable if not for the sudden expansion as not everyone can afford arcane weapons.
    I myself have been contemplating on buying an imbued helm since last few days but i am just worried how effective a lv41 helm will be at lv56 & whether the 2m+ investment will be worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Stop comparing prices from months ago to now, move on you know the moment you buy an item there is a chance for it to devalue by 200%, youre just blinded by its usability/ during that time.
    Well said.
    Waiting 120 seconds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I remember when the old locks were selling forv3k, blood gems for 2k and dragonite bars for 750k .. and me drooling over a bone saw in cs that was priced at 12mill knowing I would never be able to buy it..

Prices go up..they go down..its just how it is, you arlorian kids these days don't know how good you have it..
    It was on this same forum many of us fought like crazy to lower the prices of mythic and arcane items so they could be accessible to everyone...
    Heart and Soul.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cead For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    I have better things to do than explaining twinks how to lose millions over an item which you bought in few days. Come at endgame and let me see you lose all the juice you got cause of market instability. You have to be a hypocrite to tell endgamers that to live with it when twinks are having same gear for 2 seasons. I didn't lose no gold atm. But i will lose if i won't keep up with the forums. PERIOD

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    You know nothing, Jon Snow.

I have better things to do than explaining twinks how to lose millions over an item which you bought in few days. Come at endgame and let me see you lose all the juice you got cause of market instability. You have to be a hypocrite to tell endgamers that to live with it when twinks are having same gear for 2 seasons. I didn't lose no gold atm. But i will lose if i won't keep up with the forums. PERIOD
    You have been playing for a long time and yet you still haven't learnt how AL market works? Nearly a year has passed and here you still are complaining about the same things. Is this the first time sts nerfs or buffs an item or prices crash or rise? Such threads should be expected from newcomers not people who claim they know how to merch and play like you do/did.
    Heart and Soul.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cead For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cead View Post
    You have been playing for a long time and yet you still haven't learnt how AL market works? Nearly a year has passed and here you still are complaining about the same things. Is this the first time sts nerfs or buffs an item or prices crash or rise? Such threads should be expected from newcomers not people who claim they know how to merch and play like you do/did.
    I don't know what to reply you such comments anymore . I'm bored to death to repeat myself. This thread is not about me losing anything. I know how to protect my assets, but like I said. I'm too bored to explain myself again and again and again. Usually people who are not hurt by the market value are the ones which they have no worries. No money no problem. Feel me? And btw the quote which you made has nothing to do with what you commented.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I don't know what to reply you such comments anymore . I'm bored to death to repeat myself. This thread is not about me losing anything. I know how to protect my assets, but like I said. I'm too bored to explain myself again and again and again. Usually people who are not hurt by the market value are the ones which they have no worries. No money no problem. Feel me? And btw the quote which you made has nothing to do with what you commented.
    No money, no problem. TRUE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

That was supposed to be a tag rather than a quote but since you can't tag on this forum.....

My point is if you weren't hurt by the market and know how to protect your assets then why are you always complaining when prices crash. From what you say/said one might think you are smart enough to never lose gold but you just like complaining, i hope that isnt the case.
    Heart and Soul.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cead For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

for somebody who is just returning to the game . . you sure do have a lot to say. .
    do you actually know how many mythics have been released in last 5months. . and recently arcane weapons.
    so you don't really know how much money we have lost to market crash.
    I hate this trend by sts. . if nobody complains . .we might get another set of arcane in three months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aneshsinghblu View Post
    for somebody who is just returning to the game . . you sure do have a lot to say. .
    do you actually know how many mythics have been released in last 5months. . and recently arcane weapons.
    I hate this trend by sts. . if nobody complains . .we might get another set of arcane in three months
    What's the matter with his saying ?? If u have lost 0 gold when market crashed , then why complain about it ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Not that you complain so much of the economy but because we have all the players do not plat and plat and sts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

All our fault if you poneis to think a little you will see that we all have as we both sts happens there is much anxious

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Flash news, AL market has been like this since 2013. It all started when the first mythic set was introduced. Since then its been a rat race, rat more rat less. If you think you can get a max gear or a pet and be op forever then you will end up losing lots of gold. Fact.
    Some people can afford always having the best sets but it takes lots of sacrificies and money. Dont look up to these people, go at your pace.

What is really shocking me is that STS still cant produce a piece of equipment without nerfing and buffing it afterwards. Sometimes you are lucky and they buff your stuff but sometimes...

Its simple dont buy stuff you are not ready to accept risks on. The only people that buy stuff they arent sure they want but accept to take risks on are merchants, if you are a merchant and you complain you lost gold people will just lol in your face. Me first.
    Heart and Soul.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Flash news, AL market has been like this since 2013. It all started when the first mythic set was introduced. Since then its been a rat race, rat more rat less. If you think you can get a max gear or a pet and be op forever then you will end up losing lots of gold. Fact.
    Some people can afford always having the best sets but it takes lots of sacrificies and money. Dont look up to these people, go at your pace.

What is really shocking me is that STS still cant produce a piece of equipment without nerfing and buffing it afterwards. Sometimes you are lucky and they buff your stuff but sometimes...

Its simple dont buy stuff you are not ready to accept risks on. The only people that buy stuff they arent sure they want but accept to take risks on are merchants, if you are a merchant and you complain you lost gold people will just lol in your face. Me first.
    you really don't know what you talkin about . .
    level 41 mythic weapons held their value for a year.
    new mythic not even 5 months.
    brood lock mythic weapons not even two months of service.

go ahead and make your new mage or rogue. .when expansion comes you will know what it feels likes to lose millions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I think that AL is an free market, run by the people themselves. But all these badly though items do mess things up quite a lot
    Inactive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

you really don't know what you talkin about . .
    level 41 mythic weapons held their value for a year.
    new mythic not even 5 months.
    brood lock mythic weapons not even two months of service.

go ahead and make your new mage or rogue. .when expansion comes you will know what it feels likes to lose millions
    I would like to know your time frame for "holding value." 6 months? A year?

In order to hold value, the item must be useful, whether in PvP or PvE. That would mean that STG has to hold off on releasing gear that is superior to said item to prevent people from losing their "investments." If the item holds value for too long like Arc Ring or Planar Pendant, then we have gear stagnation.

Not saying that STG should release gear every few weeks, but they need to find a balance. I would say that 4-6 months would be fine for new stuff.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

All I can do anymore is sit back with my popcorn and lol at all this banter. Sts is in the business of making money. They used to have a good handle on the fun factor and a decent balanced economy. Now it's like a free for all and we all buy right into every time. The game is different now. No thrill of the elite drop, no excitement from seeing your gem go grand in craft. Nobody even kills bosses anymore unless for achievement and that itself speaks volumes about the way the game is currently set up. Crafting started off well and added an interesting aspect, but sts took it too far and crafting has taken over the majority of content here. It feels like homework. Don't even get me started on jewels...What a horrible idea. To fathom even just being plus 15 on an all new set of gear at new cap blows my mind. I saw someone did the math and it's 354k cracked to max ur gear at 56...Really? That's not reasonable and definitely not "fun".
    What did you ppl expect from allowing crafting of brood crates after event? You got what you wanted, worthless crates. And no they aren't down strictly because of what's inside, those crates are 2x chance at the better of the new mythic weapons. These weapons (glint gun, bow and aegis) are completely relevant still. Higher skill dmg and better suited for pvp. Brood crates are down because of a saturated market. Period.
    There used to be 2 types of players, 2 ways to play and be successful (make gold), the "elite farmer" (relatively plat free farming of elite pink drops) and the "crate popper" (plat user opening crates for loot). I myself preferred farming as it was more fun, more consistent and felt more like playing a game than gambling. It was also comparatively lucrative with a bit of work. Now the elite farmer is all but gone, this method of play rendered useless by the developer themselves. This economy is the way it is because is driven solely by plat. Ppl buy bundles and covert to gold by selling ankhs and luck lix cuz there's no alternative. Coincidence? I think not. Need jewels? Here, buy this limited time jewel elixer or jewel chest for a chance at a drop. These jewel drop rates are abysmal but there's new gear every 2 months now. Coincidence?
    In a plat driven economy, there will never be stability. Combine this reality with the monotony that has become of crafting and questing and it's leaving us wanting more. Here's my suggestion...expect less.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post: