Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: ATTN VERIZON users

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have resolved my issue.

1. Do not use a browser other than the default browser. I use Dolphin HD Browser, and the link on the page on the first post would just say the page is not available. When using the regular browser, it actually has a file to download.
    2. The app is not in the Android Market, but in the app called "Apps" when you go to all your phone applications. The old application was called VCAST Apps, but is now just Apps.

This should let you get into the "Apps" application that goes into the VCAST Apps, and then find Star Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sabermage View Post
    I have resolved my issue.

1. Do not use a browser other than the default browser. I use Dolphin HD Browser, and the link on the page on the first post would just say the page is not available. When using the regular browser, it actually has a file to download.
    2. The app is not in the Android Market, but in the app called "Apps" when you go to all your phone applications. The old application was called VCAST Apps, but is now just Apps.

Tried that to no avail.

This should let you get into the "Apps" application that goes into the VCAST Apps, and then find Star Legends.

Tried that, didn't work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been messing with the V Cast Apps all day...have had the same problems as other Verizon-based Droid users...I have a Droid X from Verizon and have eagerly been anticipating this release and the opportunity to beta-test. I thought I was one of the lucky ones but it seems not....no matter what I've tried, I get an error from V Cast Apps that says "Error: Unable to complete request." I've downloaded from the link in the OP a few different times and installed and restarted and tried again but V Cast won't work and I'm dreading the inevitable call to Verizon support...I'm beginning to think...if V CAST doesn't support Droid 2, does it support Droid X??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Its all kind of a mess right now. Beta is just being tested so we need to patiently wait. The beta is only 2 weeks which is long but i can cope with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK Big Update for ME! I kept trying the link on the first page with no luck. So I said what the hell, I'll try again, and it worked, it provided a link to download Apps. So I did that and I'm installing Star Legends now.

Just keep trying the link in the nomal browser. You may get "404 not found" but just keep trying every minute or so, mine finally worked!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

on iPhone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Ryan can you download dropbox pleaseeeeee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaggedlilpill View Post
    Tried that, didn't work.
    Ok so I had the same issues as most of u but I fixed it. I followed the link on the first page, I updated my vcast apps to "apps" it still didn't work. I looked thru verizon's forums and found that a month or so ago several users had the same issues, they uninstalled their update effectively rolling the "apps" back to "vcast apps" then they reinstalled the update. I did this exact same thing and it worked like a charm. So in short

1. update your app thru the link on the first post
    2. uninstall the update by going Menu > Settings > manage applications > find the vcast app or "apps" then uninstall updates.
    3. go back to the link on the first page using your phone's browser and reinstall the app.

Should fix the issue, it did for me and a bunch of other vzw users on their forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I tried that as well. Not working. Spent an hour and a half on the phone with vzw. Tech guy said that vcast doesn't work on any of his phones either and he's never seen it work on any of the android based smartphones that he's trouble shooted there. He also said vcast wasn't fully functional yet and still had loads of bugs...not too sure why STS chose to release through vcast due to that in itself. Is there not a way they can make it downloadable for vzw users any other way? I was so psyched for this and under the impression since I was on an android phone with vzw I was included, as were many of the others with issues I'm sure. Its not in the vcast app market either for me. Idk what else to try, 2 phone calls to vzw, one taking an hour and half and doing everything that's been listed here to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have you tried logging onto their website from a PC and sending the app to your phone from the app store on their main site?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am New To the Forums here. But I am

Defynluminati (mage) lvl 52
    DefynReality (archer) lvl 31

I have just Successfully downloaded Star Legends!!! I have a HTC THUNDERBOLT. I followed the 1st page link and downloaded the link. Then it still didnt work so I did the 2nd step: Settings, manage apps, Go to Vcast Apps now named -Apps- and uninstall updates..... Re download link from here and AT 1ST it showed no improvement. I still got the error msg. But I waited about an hour and just checked to see if it works now And it did!!!

I confirm HTC thunderbolt can get Star legends

New Member Anthony L Zappavigna's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grayfox99 View Post
    Have you tried logging onto their website from a PC and sending the app to your phone from the app store on their main site?
    This would work, if they didn't think Droid X wasn't compatible with the program when it is on the compatible phone list....

Ohh oohh... Just tried to open the Vcast download using the stock Browser instead of Dolphin. I had to click "Browser" several times in order for it to start downloading, it kept asking me which browser I wanted to us. (Quite possibly the reason for the errors on Dolphin HD)

However, still getting errors from the Apps program when attempting to do anything with it. Even searching or trying to use the Catalog. All it says is "Error: unable to complete request"
    Last edited by Anthony L Zappavigna; 07-22-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This thread seems odd. I have xperia play. Downloaded from vcast. Opened app amd said you need to up date and it linked to android market. So im not even sure why they have this game in there in the first place if it doesnt work. I had to uninstal it completely and use one in market.

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #94
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Torrentula81 View Post
    This thread seems odd. I have xperia play. Downloaded from vcast. Opened app amd said you need to up date and it linked to android market. So im not even sure why they have this game in there in the first place if it doesnt work. I had to uninstal it completely and use one in market.
    Yeah, sorry for that. V CAST still has the older version of the client there. They should get it updated shortly. The one on the Market is the one to use until they do.