Thread: Is CoC dead ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Is CoC dead ?

Is Call of Champions dead ? There are no weekly updates and no new champs. The forum is dead, thats why i post this here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Europhex View Post
    Is Call of Champions dead ? There are no weekly updates and no new champs. The forum is dead, thats why i post this here.
    Try not to post this here. It's not the correct game. If you must know, many of us tried to warn STS to stay clear of MOBA games. The genre still hasn't really caught on and the matches are either too long or one side stacked.

Come play AL with us! We have cookies!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

CoC is their first MOBA so they have room for error. I know it has progressed really far from back when the game was in it's alpha stage. Although i think the late release might've hurt it, considering Vainglory's android release came a month or so before it and consumed the android MOBA market.

CoC is an esport, but more of a casual and laidback MOBA for beginners of the genre and those who dont have the time to play 15-30min matches like other mobile MOBA's. The 5 minute time limit does sacrifice mid-game customization like an in-battle item shop or a system where players can strategically manage and grow their builds while in-game. Thus, i perceive CoC as a "first step in the door" for a beginner to MOBA's. I see the experienced and hardcore mobile esport players clinging to games like Vainglory or Ace of Arenas, where the games are much more complex.

If STS has another MOBA in creation, i would like to see them get rid of the 5min time limit, and implement a battle-based strategy like item management.

Call of Champions is a really fun game, and creating a good MOBA with a 5min time limit is a really hard thing to do, but they seem to have done pretty well with making that more fun than it seems. But it isnt a game that you can spend hours a day on. I sometimes play when i dont really want to think too much. Otherwise, i play more strategic and blood-pumping games like VG and AoA where you always have to adapt to your opponent's strategy.
    Last edited by Zylx; 02-10-2016 at 06:25 PM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord