Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please read and comment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Please read and comment

Im getting kinda bored (again)
    Last time was when "gifting" was implemented, and so I started up a reputable trade post.

Once again, Im bored, I have 3 cap jobs, every swamp pink, and sold off 90% of my items in a 2mil gross.
    Now once again, Im left wondering how I can amuse myself, while also benefiting my community.

I have been thinking of 2 things for about a week now, that i'd like to share and get feedback on. so PLEASE I beg for constructive feedback.

IDEA 1)forming a charity, this I would need others to help donate, and not just CRAP. which would of course need a THREAD (sorry forum only, no street beggers allowed here) for WORKING individuals, the casual players that may not be able to afford the best gear. And yes, I would research your activity to make sure you are a good player that does do work and maybe doesnt have luck on thier side, not just spams in town.
    (really good info on this page 3)

Feedback) Im unsure about this becuase the dropping prices, however again still some are out of reach to alot of people, and new expansion soon will start the hording up again. It COULD be possible if I could get some players who are somewhat selfless. Along this, there would be credit for the "angels" and maybe new friendships. Again this is HUGE toss up and risk.

IDEA 2)WEEKLY LOTTO, again this would have to be FORUM ONLY, and I would either need to get a random number generator, or go by a real lotto number on TV. I'd also need to make a character strickly for this as it will be NON profit for myself, just entertainment.

Feedback)again, I know people are kinda penny pincers these days, and unless many played (say 1k per ticket, thats not alot if only 15 people play, or 10k per ticket maybe too much for some to gamble. Flipside if it was over 100 people the thread would be MASSIVE and well tons of work to maintain)
    Secondly, some people may not trust me or even know me would prolly have no interest.

EDIT: IDEA 3) SCAVENGER HUNT, possible 3-5 items per day until new dungon release (possible after) would be a variety of items ranging from clear to pink (example Amethyst gem sword, frog hunter bow, blue mage garb, ice staff of the owl, conquerors wing shield) that would only need by shown to pass on on to the next round and day. Obtianed through already existing items, farmed, or bought, as long as all reqs met.

Feedback)Hmmm would there be an entry fee? and exactly what would the end prize be? What if more than 1 finish? how would winning be split? and ovbiously I cant be on 24/7?

Overall) so Please share your ideas, or maybe different ones to add. I'd LOVE to do something outside the box that benefits the community and YOU.
    If I dont get responses Ill just let the ideas die.
    Last edited by Tobikuma; 06-06-2010 at 04:00 PM.
    Tobikuma/Duciel/Thorulf - Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Sounds good to me but it would take quite a bit of work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Someone with a lot of time on their hands should arrange a PVP tourny

Edit: I couldnt even give my purples away almost no one wanted em

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Weeky lotto would be SWEET.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I like the lotto idea. It would just add a little something extra to look forward to for the end of the week. Especially when we are all bored and waiting for something new and exciting to come out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Im more than willing to put time into lotto
    Again i need feed back on acceptable ticket amounts, and a guesstamite if people would actully PLAY it, again 15 people is gonna be kinda blah, even if you win at 1k ticket.
    to be honest if low volume gamblers, unless time went by with no winning ticket, the winnings would be slim.
    Also how would i set up? there are 3 possible ways I see at this time.
    a)Numbers are the same as on TV (3 number, OMG more than that is just insane)
    b) random number generator site of 1-3 numbers
    c)Sign up on a 1-99 sheet on thread and again a random number generator [difference being if B) only has 1 number 2 can play that same number and have 2 winners split winnings, where as C) sheet number only can be played by 1 person.]

Possible a one week only mega lotto? like 50k ticket? then again who would drop 50k?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

5k ticket, i would do 3 days timeframe but there should be a winner or maybe 1/10 chance no winner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tobikuma View Post
    IDEA 1)forming a charity, this I would need others to help donate, and not just CRAP. which would of course need a THREAD (sorry forum only, no street beggers allowed here) for WORKING individuals, the casual players that may not be able to afford the best gear. And yes, I would research your activity to make sure you are a good player that does do work and maybe doesnt have luck on thier side, not just spams in town.
    I think forming a charity is a great idea. However, I see a few issues with limiting the charity to people who post and request it here. 1. We already know and like each other. If I were to ask for something I needed, I would probably receive three or four of them just because you all know me and know I'm not out to grief anyone. 2. I think, because we can not read anyone's mind through the game interface, that it would be extremely challenging to determine whether anyone was honestly in need. Following up on someone would be a lot of work, and take a lot of time, and I think there may be very little reward for you in doing that.

My suggestion is that you turn a begger into a worker by getting them to work for what they are begging for. For example, one day I saw a newbie bird and he had no bow. He was asking for gold. So I asked him what happened to his bow. He said "like a noob, I sold it." He made a mistake. I could have just handed him a bow that he could sell and buy a new one (I didn't have a bow that he could use.) I told the guy that I didn't have a bow for him, but we could go out and get one. So he followed me to a low level game, and we hunted, not until he got enough stuff to buy a bow... but until someone in our party found a bow that he could use! Every time someone new entered my game, I informed them that we were on a quest to find this bird a bow he can use. And you know what? It worked, and I had fun doing it and I think the others in my party had fun doing it. We found this guy a bow, and he didn't just stand around waiting for us to find one, he used his spells and worked with us. I hope that he will in turn do this sort of thing to help some other newbie. Maybe I kept him from giving up, who knows.
    It will be easy to weed out the ones who don't want to work for it, if you just tell them you'll help them hunt, and they refuse to go with you.

There was a thread about a week ago where someone said they were board while waiting for the next campaign to come out. I was serious when I suggested to that person to create a quest for themselves. Boredom is a choice.

Friend me the next time you see me in game and if you come across a newbie that needs help, I'll join!

I don't have any opinions about the Lotto. Sounds like it would be fun for those who want to play.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8799&dateline=1275592  200
    ♪♫♬signature by Rebel♬♫♪

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I have an idea. How about the amount of money that people put in could be the same ratio to people who put in more money. This might be kind of confusing so let me make an example.

Lower level person who doesn't have much money may put in 300 gold into the lotto. He WINS! So, his amount of gold is multiplied by 10.
    Then, say a high level person puts in 5k for a lotto ticket. He wins, so he gets 50k gold. This may need a little fixing up, and I don't know exactly how it works, but I think I may be going on the right track.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I like the idea... I'd buy a ticket each week up to 3k....
    But no 50K ticket buying for me...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

So 100k is collected, the guy who put in 300 gets 3k and the other 97k goes to?
    Or 25k is collected, the guy who put in 5000 wins, who covers the missing 25k?

Edit: Ticket could be lower say 2k but you can buy up to 5 tickets each?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avadonna View Post
    I think forming a charity is a great idea. However, I see a few issues with limiting the charity to people who post and request it here. 1. We already know and like each other. If I were to ask for something I needed, I would probably receive three or four of them just because you all know me and know I'm not out to grief anyone. 2. I think, because we can not read anyone's mind through the game interface, that it would be extremely challenging to determine whether anyone was honestly in need. Following up on someone would be a lot of work, and take a lot of time, and I think there may be very little reward for you in doing that.

My suggestion is that you turn a begger into a worker by getting them to work for what they are begging for. For example, one day I saw a newbie bird and he had no bow. He was asking for gold. So I asked him what happened to his bow. He said "like a noob, I sold it." He made a mistake. I could have just handed him a bow that he could sell and buy a new one (I didn't have a bow that he could use.) I told the guy that I didn't have a bow for him, but we could go out and get one. So he followed me to a low level game, and we hunted, not until he got enough stuff to buy a bow... but until someone in our party found a bow that he could use! Every time someone new entered my game, I informed them that we were on a quest to find this bird a bow he can use. And you know what? It worked, and I had fun doing it and I think the others in my party had fun doing it. We found this guy a bow, and he didn't just stand around waiting for us to find one, he used his spells and worked with us. I hope that he will in turn do this sort of thing to help some other newbie. Maybe I kept him from giving up, who knows.
    It will be easy to weed out the ones who don't want to work for it, if you just tell them you'll help them hunt, and they refuse to go with you.

There was a thread about a week ago where someone said they were board while waiting for the next campaign to come out. I was serious when I suggested to that person to create a quest for themselves. Boredom is a choice.

Friend me the next time you see me in game and if you come across a newbie that needs help, I'll join!

I don't have any opinions about the Lotto. Sounds like it would be fun for those who want to play.

You don't know me....
    But just from this post (and others), I really like you...
    I love the bow story...

And I agree.... It's good to involve new players in working for stuff they want...
    Plus, I think being nice and helpful might rub off so they'll be nice and helpful to new players they meet
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Furrawn View Post
    You don't know me....
    But just from this post (and others), I really like you...
    I love the bow story...

And I agree.... It's good to involve new players in working for stuff they want...
    Plus, I think being nice and helpful might rub off so they'll be nice and helpful to new players they meet
    Haha! That sounded like something that a stalker would say! "You don't know me, but I really like you"

Anyway, another idea for pricing would be different price lottos.

1k ticket: winner gets 5k
    2k ticket: winner gets 10k
    3k ticket: winner gets 15k

Getting my drift?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

who would play to win 5k? if it's not 100k I wouldnt bother

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Concerning the Lotto, I do appreciate all the ideas.
    I do feel that it would start small, and it would HAVE to start small.

If i were to imply it say tomorrow it would most likely be a 1k to 10k ticket (1 or 10k sounds really good to start, its EASILY made by a weekly timeframe with room to spare), with the 1-?? sign up number sheet.
    The winning number would most be just taken from the FIRST digit of the real lotto in my area to foul an idea of me accused of playing favorites, whether number or person.
    and as always, if there is no winner it would add to the next week drawing.

Until it has a better amount of players, then the process could evolve to something more similer to a real lotto

Again Im still working out how everything would run, so keep with the ideas and I REALLY need support to make any of this happen
    Remember folk the more that play the more the winning pot is.

Mathmatically speaking if 10k ticket (weekly drawing) and 30 people play thats a 300k winning pool, again I will push 10k is not that much for a WEEKLY drawning, so again comment if YOU feel this may be too high.
    Last edited by Tobikuma; 06-05-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

i get #23 when we play =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Another thing concerning the comment on different lotto prices/percentages

First off no. Thats way too much math and work.

however like the REAL lotto

a 1k drawing, 10k drawning, and a 50k or 100k drawing would be much more managable.
    Think about it like scratch offs. The more the ticket, the higher amount can be won (and lost)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I'm still trying to figure out a money system. What if we just base the system off of an actual lottery game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out a money system. What if we just base the system off of an actual lottery game?
    The lotto system has a massive amount of gamblers.
    It isnt possible unless I had that kind of support.
    Again it would need to grow and evolve to that, which would be the ultimate goal if the idea gained momentium, support, and players.
    Until then, it have to go with a 1# hit or miss.
    There is just no way possible to do anything great with such a small amount of people/funds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1) I like this idea, and would be happy to donate pinks to the charity. Although weeding through people that might attempt to take advantage of this, could prove to be a lot of work and trouble. If you want to do it though, I have at least a dozen swamp pinks for those that really need them.

2) a. I like the lotto concept, but perhaps the time frame needs to be shortened? So much changes in a week, with this game. Maybe a lotto every three or two days?
    B. Depending on how many numbers you want people to choose, you could always go by the power ball lottery, and have the winning number match the power ball or something. Which would also ensure everyone could check it. I trust you, but if it was a number from something out of everyone's ability to control, more people might participate. Or maybe instead of a matching number, have the winning number be a sum of the 6 winning power ball numbers. That way, ticket purchasers could choose between 6 and like 300 (I think), and allow for lotto roll over and more tickets to be sold, and more players.
    C. However you decide to do it, the ticket cost should be minimal compared to the prize. Ie 1k tickets, 100k prize. Then if it gets rolled over and no one wins, the next lotto goes up to 150k, then 200k, etc, etc. And with roll over prizes, ticket limits might want to be considered. Maybe limit people to 25 tickets max (or less). But picking 25 out of 300 and getting it right is lottery style than allowing someone to buy 300 tickets and getting an auto win.
    D. Time limits, you can't always be on, and even shops stop selling tickets after a certain hour. Possibly designate a certain time frame each day for tickets to be purchased. Or some way to make your own forest haven lv1 game people can join and buy tickets during certain hours?
    E. Also, possibly some secondary prize(s) for people that come close, like 10% within 5, 5% within 20. Then the people who qualify, all split the prize evenly. So if two ppl come within 5, and the prize is 200k, they each get 10k.

3) This one I'm kind of iffy about since if a lot of people are playing, you would need to keep track of who traded you first, etc. And then what stops someone from going through and getting a wide variety of items the day before? :/. Maybe if it was a scavenger hunt where ppl had to collect 5-10 of said item, that might work - and would provide less margin for cheating. Also, an instance for trading or showing items might work best here as well. Then who is first, second, third, etc would be visible from the party list.

Also, if any entry fee, should be minimal as well, due to this requiring much time for ppl. And monetary prizes are always the best (IMO), but also have a number of prizes depending on number of entrants. If only 5 ppl, only first or second prize, if 10 ppl, first through third. Something like an additional prize per additional 5 entrants.

Hope this is the type of FB you wanted.
    Proud Forum Guild member.
    Mobdropper - 35 Mage
    Berigut - 35 Dex Bear
    Archang - 35 Dex Mage