Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Shortcomings of Arcane Staff

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Let's not talk about 2-3 years old weapons please . Game is completely changed in that time and most people playing the game now weren't around back then. Anyway most people don't PvP.

Since you don't play pve I will help you understand: if the changes you are asking for were to be implemented the staff would be extremely unbalanced in PvE, there will be no reason to even consider the gun as an option and 4 mage pts will be a viable option in all maps but arena
    Good for mages. It's been that way for rogues for a while now. Let's have mages reign in PvE for a while. Also, the only reason the staff is OP in PvE is because of the dot proc. I don't see how a slight damage and crit boost will make runs significantly faster. A fraction of a minute, maybe. Dominating timed runs? No. From what I hear about the dot proc, the gun isn't an option in any map but ones where you basically 1 hit mobs, so I don't see the issue. Anyways, aren't arcanes supposed to be the best? In all aspects of the game? They always have been and I don't see why the mythic gun should be better than the staff in any way. If people are okay with having the next best weapon and saving gold, then let them go for the gun. If they want to pay a few extra million, but the staff. It needs a buff. Saying the gun will no longer be an option is how it should have been to begin with. Same with the bow. Look at the tank weapon. Glintstone mauls are no longer used. Aegis's aren't used much either.

And an example is an example. Saying that it's an old examples doesn't make it any less valid in this case. My point still remains. Buffs/nerfs usually come from necessity in PvP. There are entire lvls (1-43 in fact) dedicated to solely PvP, with the exception of 15, which is also dedicated to timed run banners. Saying people mainly PvE isn't entirely accurate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Mage suppose to be good at DOT not only a weapon, thus FB / Gale or Ice... the Arcane staff DOT is good but is rare process .... out of 15-20 x i use auto attack maybe once it process... how can this be arcane the best?

Charging the staff way too long and it almost too hard to do so in PVP if you are being gang or there are no equal number of team in your VS.

The life steal 7% (PVE) is a good AA but it is too rare and doesn't even work in PVP (2.5%) with such a short range weapon i.e staff ... how do we get kill? at least the dagger stun and you have chance to do your AS..

Of all the multiple threads on the issue of arcane staff i dont see it as a priority for STS, a slight comment of the dagger short coming i see couple of DEV responded and looking in to it much sounds like the old arcane staff when it was just introduce ... takes months before anything was done.
    Last edited by will0; 02-13-2016 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

The problems I see are:
    1. Proc waaaaay too rare for a arcane staff heck you don't even know that it's proc it's so rare.
    2. There is only on attack, while every other arcane weapon has a charged attack this staff has a really slow charged defensive spell that doesn't cause damage to enemies as an attack.
    3. The charged spell confines the party members to such a small area it becomes a death trap. Common knowledge is to continually move around to stay alive long (especially as a soft squishy Mage) but now to use the spell we are confined to a small area that prevents us from moving, and gives the mobs an easy target.
    4. Stats are lopsided from the other arcane weapons
    5. If more than one staff is charged they cancel out each others charged spell... Really sts
    Last edited by Diggdugg; 02-13-2016 at 11:15 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Diggdugg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Sts always ignores Magea and always develops tanks and rouges ............

I'am Too Old To Play Games

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adel Hesham For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I just have problems with proc time charge, seems it take more time than normal skills, this is useless on pvp and pve, also, skill damage..... STS take a look on this problem

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kappnobatai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adel Hesham View Post
    Sts always ignores Magea and always develops tanks and rouges ............

I'am Too Old To Play Games
    Yes, old ppl complain too much also.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bonjovi3223 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Yes i agree with king
    Less damage skill
    Charge very long for proc (cost 7%mana)and if u play with 2+ mage arcane staff the proc delete the other we dont fight in same position
    Last edited by Imhotepx; 02-15-2016 at 09:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

I know I'm bout to get flamed for this...but here I go..

Before the arcane came out someone posted a thread asking what everyone's thought on the up coming arcanes ...I said

The rogue weapon will be great ( check)

The warrior weapon will be broke (check) ( I also said it would take 6months to fix it and I was wrong there)

And the mage weapon will be OK but mages will complain till they are given a staff that launches atomic weapons at people..(annnnnnnd check)

You see where I'm going with this..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by konafez View Post
    I know I'm bout to get flamed for this...but here I go..
    Before the arcane came out someone posted a thread asking what everyone's thought on the up coming arcanes ...I said

The rogue weapon will be great ( check)

The warrior weapon will be broke (check) ( I also said it would take 6months to fix it and I was wrong there)

And the mage weapon will be OK but mages will complain till they are given a staff that launches atomic weapons at people..(annnnnnnd check)

You see where I'm going with this..
    I woud say the same about warrior crying being nerf of arcane sword cause there is a bug and they felt powerful cause of it... This is a thread about mage staff damage and AA issue not asking for nuke staff as I wish too... Mage always play a third rate to on class on this game.. Mainly defensive not offensive skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

You sir, have been eating the Bologna ...you missed my point entirely

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

You sir, have been eating the Bologna ...you missed my point entirely
    Yore point is trolling a constructive post.. its fact that mages whine less then rogues, but its just natural, its less mages, so complaints and fixing a mage thing take longer then rogue..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illwilly View Post
    Yore point is trolling a constructive post.. its fact that mages whine less then rogues, but its just natural, its less mages, so complaints and fixing a mage thing take longer then rogue..
    No sir, stop drinking the cool aide and pay attention..

The point I was making is this is the same thing that happens every time Sts tries to add some balance to the game

Everyone just losses there minds

Same posts over and over, year after year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Yes, buff mage! Lol

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

No sir, stop drinking the cool aide and pay attention..

The point I was making is this is the same thing that happens every time Sts tries to add some balance to the game

Everyone just losses there minds

Same posts over and over, year after year
    Agree same happen every time, but do you agree its balanced now? 1 less stat on the staff, and charging time for the "ekstra" spell take forever.. dont worry, staff will never be prefered weapon in pvp.
    This kindof posts from rogues in a mage fix thread make me want to change my opinion on this staff from needing shorter charge time, to need 150+ dmg 1more stat like other arcanes, and shorter charge time.. and better looks, miss my kershal effects o.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

lol it will take time before they make changes for mages.. unlike rouges they easily get what they want in two to three days.. just wait guys soon they will change it.. I hope they make the charged be around the mage for 10 secs and charging of 0.3 secs.. just hoping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Agreed, staff should get a slightly improvement and i'd like to suggest that the buff shouldn't stay in one place just like glint gun proc, instead make it as a buff around the mage so they can carry it supporting party members because it is smaller and they quicky walk out of it at a boss fight.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Scry For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scry View Post
    Agreed, staff should get a slightly improvement and i'd like to suggest that the buff shouldn't stay in one place just like glint gun proc, instead make it as a buff around the mage so they can carry it supporting party members because it is smaller and they quicky walk out of it at a boss fight.
    That's a great idea! I would have no issues spending 3 seconds to charge it if it followed me around. The main reason I want a shorter charge time is because in PvP at least, mages are usually out of its area of effect in 3-5 seconds and then have to cast another one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illwilly View Post
    Agree same happen every time, but do you agree its balanced now? 1 less stat on the staff, and charging time for the "ekstra" spell take forever.. dont worry, staff will never be prefered weapon in pvp.
    This kindof posts from rogues in a mage fix thread make me want to change my opinion on this staff from needing shorter charge time, to need 150+ dmg 1more stat like other arcanes, and shorter charge time.. and better looks, miss my kershal effects o.o
    ..OK...listen to me now and hear me later...

Do I think things are balanced ..oh no there not, do I think Sts s trying to balance the game, yes I do

But no one wants to give them a chance, that just wanna flip out

And not a rogue bro, not a rogue

Name:  Screenshot_2016-02-16-12-54-14-1.png
Views: 145
Size:  486.6 KB

And before you go there, yes I know the sword
    was bugged, and yes I know it needed to be fixed

New Member Francisco Escobar Reyes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

arreglen carga de tienpo y mana alos war y rogues solo lo mejor y los magos nada con arcane arma los magos no son buenos en pvp ni contra gefes arcane armas war y rogue produce dano y mago estabs deven dar avilidades similares de pelea para que sirva en pvp y en los jefes

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ciazera View Post
    When you use charge proc? Me have always nekro shield or mage shield. It no stack with proc.
    In a clash, my Nekro and shield often break, or since I am using sns, my teammates Nekro timing isn't ideal. Also, I charge it for my team rogues when they have no Nekro.