Thread: Could You Teach Me How to PvP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Could You Teach Me How to PvP?

I want to learn how to PvP, because I'm getting a bit bored just leveling.
    I haven't PvP'd since about level 10, and I was pretty bad.
    I'm a level 51 pure Int mage.
    Could you teach me how to PvP?
    Thanks.

Register: Thanks a lot, that's very helpful. I'll add you.

Pharcyde: Thanks anyway!

[b]Sigkill[/]b: Thanks, I'll try that out.
    Last edited by Raazesk; 07-03-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

errr you might wanna make another character and make a lower leveled pvp'er. Try level 4 first and stick there for a while until you learn how to beat most people. Best at level 4 would be dex mage i think cuz they can heal and shoot at distance with good dps. After you get the hang of it, try going up to 12 while pvping along the way. If you have money, you can win Its a lot about gear that level so what you would need is:
    a) Snipers pack from plat store with damage ring, pink snowball launcher, and level 5 expert leather.
    b) level 5 pink launcher, xpert leather, damage ring if you can, assassins archery cap, and a hooch hat (for +1 armor) or a founders helm.

A is for people who are willing to spend more plat than others and B is for more gold people I used to pvp a lot but then quit and forgot just about everything...:/ But i learned again and im pretty good at it! Riccits can say otherwise lmao... Dont just stick with fighting low levels who dont have the best gear cuz it isnt fun and it really isnt fun for the other person.

Oh i think i forgot that dex bear pwns at level 12 pvp I cant say anything about anything higher leveled cuz i never bothered to waste time leveling and i can restart and get a new dex bear twink in about a day. If you need any in game help or practice I will gladly help you

I wont be able to help within the next one or two days but add ShadowPvP when you are ready and ill accept when i can hellp you
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Edit: Listen to Sigkill's advice, my advice is pre-Global Cool Down, and is out of date. I'll leave the info anyways.

Gear: Shadow Keeper set with Keeper staff/Mega Mage with gemstone staff
    Combo: Nightmare --> Lightning --> Frost --> Heal --> Drain Life --> Firestorm --> Icestorm --> Weakness. Move weakness around as you see fit. I like it at the end.
    Attribute Points: Pure Int
    Skill Points:

Tips:
    Try to avoid fighting while your buffs are down.
    Always make sure you don't start firing skills before your even in attacking range
    Adjust combo to situation - Weakness --> Drain Life --> Heal --> Frost --> Nightmare --> Firestorm --> Lightning --> Ice Storm on Birds
    Never ever try 1v2 or 1v3.
    Watch for spawn killers
    Don't fall for Kiters
    When in group battles - Stick towards the middle to back. Aim for highest hitting opponent. Example: Dex bird, bear, and Paladin oncoming. Target dex bird first.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 07-02-2011 at 12:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Highly disagree with Debuffs, since GCD they are useless, most top mages who pvp including me, amyxrose, kellylita etc. all don't use debuffs . Also heal shouldn't be a part of a combo it should be used when need be. Also I disagree with Pure Int, add 67 points into dex for a few extra points to hit and the ability to use a dex armor/damage ring. Check my thread out ----------------> http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...uide-at-LVL-55

Not trying to bash on Pharcyde, but I think I have more PvP experience then he does For a Combo use this Single Ice, Drain, Fire Lighting, Ice Storm, Since you are lvl 51 Your Ice Storm should be lvl 1 as apposed to 5 if you were lvl 55. Follow the build on my thread, just make Ice Storm lvl 1. It isn't really used much anyways
    Last edited by Sigkill; 07-01-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sigkill View Post
    Highly disagree with Debuffs, since GCD they are useless, most top mages who pvp including me, amyxrose, kellylita etc. all don't use debuffs . Also heal shouldn't be a part of a combo it should be used when need be. Also I disagree with Pure Int, add 67 points into dex for a few extra points to hit and the ability to use a dex armor/damage ring
    Ooo theres no need for debuffs now? Haven't PvP'ed since GCD was added.

Also, he said he's pure int. So dex wouldn't be a option, unless he decides to change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Ooo theres no need for debuffs now? Haven't PvP'ed since GCD was added.

Also, he said he's pure int. So dex wouldn't be a option, unless he decides to change.
    Yea they kinda suck now, they used to be good. Also I tested debuffs and the time they take to go off and the required range and they are very hard to time correctly and waste time which could be used for attack skills. No one uses debuffs now He did say that he needs help, hopefully hes willing to fork over 2 plat to put some points in dex

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Yea they kinda suck now, they used to be good. Also I tested debuffs and the time they take to go off and the required range and they are very hard to time correctly and waste time which could be used for attack skills. No one uses debuffs now He did say that he needs help, hopefully hes willing to fork over 2 plat to put some points in dex
    I need to get into PvP again then . Can't be handing out oldschool combos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    I need to get into PvP again then . Can't be handing out oldschool combos
    Sure I'll Practice with you if you want

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Sure I'll Practice with you if you want
    Sounds good . Wont be for a few weeks to do. I got some preparing to do before blackstar and pl cap rise. Then hardcore playing during blackstar beta.