Thread: Remiem Please Read This

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Default Remiem Please Read This

Hey Remiem/Support Devs,
    We are enjoying all your new items and going forward towards newer and newest. Everything was going well before your level 56 cap announcement. It is really wonderful to have new levels maps items and much more fun but new spring cap is going to waste all your/ our efforts of 6months+ and very earliest arcane weapons. You can say me why do you care about it ? I care about it because i see no one buying endgame stuffs. When someone buy and its price reduced by your updates, your reply " you made wrong investment".
    Everyone trying to keep their gold as liquid as possible. They are right even, coz prices going down and down and down and down and down. It has both +ve and -ves. Some who paid more than two times before will regret on themselves. My question is are you going to fix this problem of flood on market??
    I can't see any solution because you said you are going to introduce lvl56 cap. Who will buy 46 items for a little time?? most of pop selling most of the pop standing back and see how worse the market goes on.

Very simple question everything comparatively gonna die fast. why?
    It will be very enjoying to have new maps etc. but is it necessary to endup with level 46 very rapidly? can't we have same things on level 46 or even 51 will be little bit better than a jump to 56.
    Thanks
    Last edited by xZauiflele; 02-13-2016 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Then we have me, working on a planar pendant...
    Ign - Coolguymage

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Befs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Timing is everything and frankly Gold is just the best investment as the demand for it withstands through time
    When prices drop low like this and everyone fears, your gold is actually worth more. You get more out of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

That's the main reason , that after playing for almost 4 years , I don't own any arcane/expensive items , because anything becomes outdated over time , so all that work will go useless ( I watched ripmaw go from best pet to 100% useless XD ) no matter how expensive an item is , I will become completely useless as time will pass . But this can be easily "fixed" by introducing more items that scale to lvl ( like deary ring ) that way , the items can keep up and never become outdated so our hard work won't get wasted . This can be added to all mythic and arcane items , just a small stat buff each time we lvlup ( I'm not asking for the item to remain the best , but to atleast be competitive with other items )

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gouiwaa9000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Everything expires, Exactly but not that damn fast. Glintstones Arcane weapons expiring very quickly. We always accept new items which gives better stats but the new should not be introduced that fast ( Buried more than 60 kind of items each class) .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Out with the old, in with the new; The game requires that to ever move forward. Obtaining the necessary resources to afford such items is on you. Supply and demand will dictate the price, so it all depends on everybody else's ability to gather gold quickly. If you're not gathering gold as quickly as your peers, then you will be left behind.

It's as simple as that, really.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

I'm quite done with the complaints about losing wealth and I'd like to explain why.

"In economics, a nominal value is an economic value expressed in historical nominal monetary terms. By contrast, a real value is a value that has been adjusted from a nominal value to remove the effects of general price level changes over time. The process of converting from nominal to real terms is known as inflation adjustment."

Let us first define wealth as the sum of your gold and the spot value of your gear (assets). Okay, so inflation means an increase of the general price level, but this isn't the case in Arcane Legends. We're experiencing the opposite called deflation. This means that the general price level in the game is decreasing; everything is getting cheaper. This leads us to the following two conclusions:

1. The nominal value of your gear (assets) is decreasing; it cost more yesterday than today --- BUT... THE SAME THING APPLIES TO EVERYONE ELSE. Therefore the real value of your gear stays more or less the same. Not too shabby, eh?!

2. The purchasing power of gold is increasing, you can buy more gear for your gold today than yesterday ---- THIS MEANS YOU SHOULD'VE SAVED YOUR GOLD! You could basically "merch" by just holding onto your gold. What a missed opportunity, eh?!

TL;DR If you want to increase your wealth i.e. "merch", then save your gold. If you already own gear and you think your wealth is decreasing, well it's not. There's basically nothing to complain about.
    Last edited by Mouly; 02-13-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mouly View Post
    I'm quite done with the complaints about losing wealth and I'd like to explain why.

"In economics, a nominal value is an economic value expressed in historical nominal monetary terms. By contrast, a real value is a value that has been adjusted from a nominal value to remove the effects of general price level changes over time. The process of converting from nominal to real terms is known as inflation adjustment."

Let us first define wealth as the sum of your gold and the spot value of your gear (assets). Okay, so inflation means an increase of the general price level, but this isn't the case in Arcane Legends. We're experiencing the opposite called deflation. This means that the general price level in the game is decreasing; everything is getting cheaper. This leads us to the following two conclusions:

1. The nominal value of your gear (assets) is decreasing; it cost more yesterday than today --- BUT... THE SAME THING APPLIES TO EVERYONE ELSE. Therefore the real value of your gear stays more or less the same. Not too shabby, eh?!

2. The purchasing power of gold is increasing, you can buy more gear for your gold today than yesterday ---- THIS MEANS YOU SHOULD'VE SAVED YOUR GOLD! You could basically "merch" by just holding onto your gold. What a missed opportunity, eh?!

So to conclude why I think complaining about the economy is stupid: 1. you haven't lost any wealth in real terms and 2. you've missed an opportunity to GAIN wealth by saving gold. IS THERE ANYTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT?!
    This thread is not about lose of wealth, im asking why weapons and many items expiring very fastly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I would look into an official answer if there. Sts knows how hard they worked to set up each set of weapons and know they mean nothing much after expansion. Are tey making items only for making company rich or to provide fun to the players?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

As another forumer pointed out: This is not an investing game! You don't obtain items and hang on to them. You obtain them to actually USE them!

Gold comes and goes, but time does not. All that time you spent not advancing your character because you worried about depreciation can never be returned. I'd rather spend my gold and have fun playing with new gear. I'll play with stocks in the real world instead.

If new gear comes along, then get that. Progress is progress. All we need is some progression in the Elite maps.

Quote Originally Posted by xZauiflele View Post
    This thread is not about lose of wealth, im asking why weapons and many items expiring very fastly.
    Hey Remiem/Support Devs,
    We are enjoying all your new items and going forward towards newer and newest. Everything was going well before your level 56 cap announcement. It is really wonderful to have new levels maps items and much more fun but new spring cap is going to waste all your/ our efforts of 6months+ and very earliest arcane weapons. You can say me why do you care about it ? I care about it because i see no one buying endgame stuffs. When someone buy and its price reduced by your updates, your reply " you made wrong investment".
    Everyone trying to keep their gold as liquid as possible. They are right even, coz prices going down and down and down and down and down. It has both +ve and -ves. Some who paid more than two times before will regret on themselves. My question is are you going to fix this problem of flood on market??
    I can't see any solution because you said you are going to introduce lvl56 cap. Who will buy 46 items for a little time?? most of pop selling most of the pop standing back and see how worse the market goes on.
    Thanks
    People aren't angry that the actual weapons are expiring. They are angry that they spent gold on now-expiring weapons.
    Last edited by Ebezaanec; 02-13-2016 at 01:35 PM.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

You guys are diverting my thread. I am not saying we lost this much that much stop deflation etc etc.

The new cap is 56 not 51. We may not be using any of these 1000s of mythics. Where they will go. If they tend to create such which is about to expire in a month, state its purely a dollar making stunt.
    Developers will earn more by each release as people will open more and more lockeds. Does it mean we need new weapons each month? Use and throw is not applicable in all the cases. We buy something which atleast be good for duration which is taken to get that amount of gold.
    Btw i don't care if anyone not agreed with my point. It might be better to postpone expansion or down it to 51.
    Last edited by xZauiflele; 02-13-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

You are concerned with oversaturation of mythic and arcane items. Eventually the mythics will go the way of Lunar Pendants and Fangs of Fenrir.

Lots of MMOs have a complex crafting system that incorporates a "salvage" option. Basically, you can destroy any item of any rarity for crafting ingredients. Mythic item gives mythic crafting ingredients. Arcane gives arcane ingredients. Those ingredients would be used in crafting more legendaries, mythics, and arcanes basically.

The idea is creates both a demand for mythics/arcanes and is a supply regulator essentially. Prices would not drop to 20k per mythics or anything of that sort. AL's crafting system is still primitive, so it would take a while before the devs decide whether or not to implement it. I personally think that it would be helpful in the long run.

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Then we have me, working on a planar pendant...
    Hahaha.....that cracked me up while watching a horror movie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    You are concerned with oversaturation of mythic and arcane items. Eventually the mythics will go the way of Lunar Pendants and Fangs of Fenrir.

Lots of MMOs have a complex crafting system that incorporates a "salvage" option. Basically, you can destroy any item of any rarity for crafting ingredients. Mythic item gives mythic crafting ingredients. Arcane gives arcane ingredients. Those ingredients would be used in crafting more legendaries, mythics, and arcanes basically.

The idea is creates both a demand for mythics/arcanes and is a supply regulator essentially. Prices would not drop to 20k per mythics or anything of that sort. AL's crafting system is still primitive, so it would take a while before the devs decide whether or not to implement it. I personally think that it would be helpful in the long run.
    Are you feeling the jump of 10 level is significant? lunar blood ruby etc right intimates of these lvl46 stuffs. But my question is still open do we really need a jump to 56 which gonna destroy everything ( all equipment). On 46 cap nothing turned to a waste and all items which gone waste were enjoyed atleast 1year in game.

You work whole month for buying one night dinner? ( this secondary issue) basic issue is the wude extension.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Are you feeling the jump of 10 level is significant? lunar blood ruby etc right intimates of these lvl46 stuffs. But my question is still open do we really need a jump to 56 which gonna destroy everything ( all equipment). On 46 cap nothing turned to a waste and all items which gone waste were enjoyed atleast 1year in game.

You work whole month for buying one night dinner? ( this secondary issue) basic issue is the wude extension.
    I think we do need the jump. As much as I like them, I want nothing more than to unequip my L41 Arcane ring and L41 Planar pendant and put on some new gear. It's been over a year of using the same gear. Time for something new. A 10 level jump would certainly make these outdated pieces of gear officially obsolete. And also, you have to keep in mind that STG is revamping the skill system to incorporate skill mastery. We may need 10 skill points to get us started next expansion.

You have to accept the simple fact that nothing lasts forever. It seems unfair, but nothing is truly wasted unless you kept the gear in your stash or something. If you used it (in any way, shape or form) then you derived some form of value from the item. The amount you pay for the item is the "value" you can get from it. If I paid 100m for an arcane ring, I got over a year's worth of domination with it, but if I only paid 2m for one, then I deserve only a few months of the feeling OP.
    Last edited by Ebezaanec; 02-13-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Thanks for your reviews. Im not changing my opinion even if everyone disagree with me . I post for what i feel correct. Aspects not necessary to be same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

It's how online games work deal with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

This is no different than buying an IPhone only to find out an upgraded version is being released a month later.

Good thing about new releases is that older (good) gear becomes cheaper, i.e last years model car, phone, computer, to name a few.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

The point is:

How can you improve in game... With gold. We can't always stick to our gold. We need equipment, and for the people who worked extremely hard for their gold and bought gear... found their gear's value decrease drastically in a few weeks... So all your hard work for months is worth a lot less... Usually those items keep their value for a long time because deflation is usually a long process in AL. It just happened that they got in the worst moment to buy their gear...

TBH, just get over it for now, they're enough threads about price deflation and StS being blamed for causing an economic crash.

Somehow, StS can't tell everyone about their events because they are always subject to change. Their weekly updates are good enough. Maybe they can limit their plat based events... Or find a solution that helps both them and us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Can anybody tell me which forum talks about the new cap?