Thread: Suggestion: Guild Tabards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Suggestion: Guild Tabards

Hi Dev's,

as an added feature, would it be possible that you could somehow implement Guild Tabard's into the game, as an extra vanity item, which could be purchased from the store using Plat/Gold?

I think this would be a great idea for players allowing them to represent their membership in a guild or (for roleplay purposes) allegiance to a particular group.

Please let me know your thoughts on this and whether it would be possible. I would also like to hear the opinions of members of this community

Regards,

xBearSpiritx.

PL : xBearSpiritx (Lvl 66 Tank Bear) | xPallax (Lvl 60 Pure Int Elf) | xDarkWraithx (Lvl 61 Pure Dex Bird)
    SL: Crusader (Lvl 26 Commando) | Contra (Lvl 26 Operative) | xPallax (Lvl 26 Engineer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

C'mon peepulz.. would no one like to see this kind of thing implemented in-game?

/BUMP

PL : xBearSpiritx (Lvl 66 Tank Bear) | xPallax (Lvl 60 Pure Int Elf) | xDarkWraithx (Lvl 61 Pure Dex Bird)
    SL: Crusader (Lvl 26 Commando) | Contra (Lvl 26 Operative) | xPallax (Lvl 26 Engineer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

lol had to google tabard.. I would actually prefer a shield.. but also consider this.. a personalized item for every guild would be really hard for the devs to implement. As much as I like this I doubt devs would be able to do it for every guild. Or make them cost a good amount of plat for making it worthwhile for the devs(owners and some guild members can contribute to making of the initial guild item by spending a decent amount of plats.. later which can be issued to other members by spending 5-10 plats)
    Lupiv 71 Bear Hatyara 71 Bird Liverpoolfan 71 Mage

Founding Member of COT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by lUp3 View Post
    lol had to google tabard.. I would actually prefer a shield.. but also consider this.. a personalized item for every guild would be really hard for the devs to implement. As much as I like this I doubt devs would be able to do it for every guild. Or make them cost a good amount of plat for making it worthwhile for the devs(owners and some guild members can contribute to making of the initial guild item by spending a decent amount of plats.. later which can be issued to other members by spending 5-10 plats)
    Yes, i suppose having a personalised tabard for every guild associated in game would be a bit much for the Dev's, but if there was some way possible to achieve this I think it would something extra to the game, and definately worthwhile considering it.

Although in saying this, I would love to hear a Dev's opinion on the matter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

+1 on a way to differentiate the look of a char depending on their guild. Whether it would be tabards, shields or whatever really.

All in all, I think it's a great idea and hope devs will take notice of this

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good idea, but does it have to be customizable? Just equipping the shield would put Guild name right below your name. That would be what I would do if I were to implement this idea. Which, btw, I prolly would But I agree, implementing customized shields would be very hard. So I would do as I suggested to make it a bit easier on the server.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I would like a shield personally.

And even if we don't get this, we can display out guilds over our heads.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Good idea, bro. As long as we have a way to represent each guild would only add to the value of the game.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Mayb just a vanity texted name on a shield or other piece of equip. I really dont want to clutter the screen with guild names under toon names, ya know what i mean?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thank for the feedback guys.

Yeah, if the devs could somehow find a way to do this it would be totally awesome.

If you go to the following link: http://www.wowpedia.org/Category:Wor...t_tabard_items, scroll down the page and you can see some of the really cool designs that currently exist in World of Warcraft.

I know these types of designs would be difficult to implement because of the amount of detail and rendering, but I would love it if we could have simplistic designs incorporated into the game somehow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Nice idea. I think this would be an excellent addition to the guild system once its in place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

vanitity armor or guild shields

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Maybe the item for each guild can be customizable but only the guild leader can customize it
    MAINS: L56 Ursan xkiilzx, L55 Avian Unxtoxic, L55 Spellcaster Nonxtoxic, L10 Avian Merchant Toxicmerchant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Unxtoxic View Post
    Maybe the item for each guild can be customizable but only the guild leader can customize it
    Yes. I think this feature is available in World Of Warcraft iirc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xBearSpiritx View Post
    Yes. I think this feature is available in World Of Warcraft iirc.
    Also in runescape you can do that.

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp