Thread: Give Frozen Nightmares Items Different Names than Lost Expeditions Items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Exclamation Give Frozen Nightmares Items Different Names than Lost Expeditions Items

I've been selling a lot of Frozen Nightmares drops recently and, at the risk of my own business, I want to suggest that the Frozen Nightmares dropped items be given different names from their equivalent (but much less powerful) Lost Expeditions equivalents.

Here are just a few of many examples of Frozen Nightmares and Lost Expeditions Items with the same names but different stats:

LE: Frosty Hatchet of Blood Req: Level 30, 94 Str 74–87 Damage, 0.9 Speed, 5 Str, 2% Hit
    FN: Frosty Hatchet of Blood Req: Level 28, 94 Str 86–99 Damage, 0.9 Speed, 5 Str, 2% Hit

LE: Frozen Bow of Excitability Req: Level 30, 92 Dex 37–47 Damage, 0.7 Speed, 5 Dex, 2% Hit, 1 Armor
    FN: Frozen Bow of Excitability Req: Level 28, 86 Dex 50–60 Damage, 0.7 Speed, 5 Dex, 2% Hit, 1 Armor

LE: Ice Auto-Crossbow of Excitability Req: Level 30, 94 Dex 32–34 Damage, 0.6 Speed, 5 Dex, 2% Hit, 1 M/s
    FN: Ice Auto-Crossbow of Excitability Req: Level 28, 88 Dex 39–46 Damage, 0.6 Speed, 5 Dex, 2% Hit, 1 M/s

LE: Icebolt Staff of Presence Req: Level 30, 91 Int 50–76 Damage, 1.1 Speed, 5 Int, 2% Hit
    FN: Icebolt Staff of Presence Req: Level 28, 85 Int 59–85 Damage, 1.1 Speed, 5 Int, 2% Hit

LE: Frosty Hatchet of the Bear Req: Level 30, 94 Str 74–87 Damage, 0.9 Speed, 5 Str, 2% Crit, 2 H/s, 1 Armor
    FN: Frosty Hatchet of the Bear Req: Level 30, 94 Str 89–102 Damage, 0.9 Speed, 5 Str, 2% Crit, 2 H/s, 1 Armor

LE: Frozen Bow of the Eagle Req: Level 30, 92 Dex 38–48 Damage, 0.7 Speed, 5 Dex, 1% Dodge, 2% Crit, 3 Armor
    FN: Frozen Bow of the Eagle Req: Level 30, 92 Dex 54–64 Damage, 0.7 Speed, 5 Dex, 1% Dodge, 2% Crit, 3 Armor

LE: Ice Blast Staff of the Owl Req: Level 30, 93 Int 52–82 Damage, 1.1 Speed, 5 Int, 2% Crit, 2 M/s, 2 Armor
    FN: Ice Blast Staff of the Owl Req: Level 30, 93 Int 62–92 Damage, 1.1 Speed, 5 Int, 2% Crit, 2 M/s, 2 Armor

LE: Frozen Shield of Blood Req: Level 30, 93 Str 5 Str, 2% Hit, 2 Damage, 15 Armor
    FN: Frozen Shield of Blood Req: Level 28, 87 Str 5 Str, 2% Hit, 2 Damage, 16 Armor

Beware that the purple weapons above not only have the same name but the same level. But you can see that the Frozen Nightmares weapons are much, much more powerful. (DanielRH, you'll have fun dealing with this in your calculator.)

A consequence of this naming confusion is that Frozen Nightmares items can often be found for the same price as Lost Expeditions items with the same name in the Consignment Shop. And that means they can be a bargain for toons at this level.

If no one can come up with more imaginative names, I suggest prefixing all the Frozen Nightmare duplicate named items with "Nightmare": Nightmare Bow of the Eagle, Nightmare Shield of Blood, …. This naming would also point out that Frozen Nightmares is a great place to get high-powered green and purple drops, getting more people to purchase it and give it a try.
    Last edited by Singleteddy; 07-01-2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Corrected damage for Ice Blast Staff of the Owl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow. I somehow never noticed - not unusual.

Very nice list and suggestion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

nice suggestion as said before but maybe thats for people in cs trying to buy all the fn stuff lmao
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Eh seller beware? Heh at this point I don't want anything slowing down the pending updates

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I thought the pinks from frozen had words like shivering or brain freeze at the beginning to differentiate?
    Last edited by Weak_Sauce; 07-01-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weak_Sauce View Post
    I thought the pinks from frozen had words like shivering or brain freeze at the beginning to differentiate?
    Yep, they do. But the greens/purples don't
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    Yep, they do. But the greens/purples don't
    Exactly—there's no name and price confusion with the pinks.